Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
And there was no one out there that could top that offer???

Come on..... Good for Ottawa, but still.....

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
And there was no one out there that could top that offer???

Come on..... Good for Ottawa, but still.....
If Ottawa's pick is between 6-10 its worth like 2 late first rounders and an early second. If 10-15 its still worth around 2 late first rounders. If Ottawa goes on a run Arizona still gets 2 firsts from them plus a 2026 second.

The value is deceptive and could potentially be a steal. An early/mid teens pick allows Arizona to go for a top ranked player sliding down to the mid teens randomly... like Jacob Chychrun in 2016; Teams would have had to pony up more than just a similar package with their late 1st to overshoot Ottawa's much juicier 1st

Reactions: Kaizen and CDN24

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
How is this shit even legal? Has there ever been a team with this much cap-space in NHL?

Arizona Coyotes

Projected Cap Hit$65,301,624
Projected Cap Space$17,198,376
Current Cap Space$73,993,012
LTIR Pool$0
Roster21/23
Contracts45/50

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's flat out laughable that all they got was picks that could turn out to be nothings. for all the talk about armstrong wanting picks and top propects, and the Kings were offering both that would help his team both now and in the future , he ened up with 1 st and a couple of 2nds. :laugh:
He waited too long and overplayed his hand. Other GMs were done with it and didn't want to be the odd man out, so they made other moves and shifted to plan Bs and Cs. Big blunder by Armstrong.

Reactions: kingsfan28

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Canucks should have made this trade too. 1st top 5 protected, 2nd in 2024 and 2026 2nd pick. Then they wouldn't need to worry much about D for next 5 or 6 years

Hughes-Hronek
Chychurun-FA (defensive D)
Myers-OEL
Bear-Rathbone

Pushing OEL and Myers into bottom pairing would allow us to have some great depth.

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Beau
Garland-Miller-Mikheyev
Podkolzin-Raty-Pearson
Joshua-Lazar-DiGesueppe

Hughes-Hronek
Chychurun-FA
Myers-OEL

Demko
Silovs

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You do realize LA also needed a goalie and paid less for a lesser defenseman and have a goalie on top of that.

Yes big “lol” :facepalm:
I'd also note that teams often prefer trading out of conference if possible. It's not automatic that the price would be the same for LA or other western teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Imagine the balls of putting an ECF condition on your pick when you aren’t even in a playoff position :laugh:
That seems like a shot at ARZ TBH lol

I think people are being a little harsh regarding the return for AZ. The Sens are playing good hockey and have a good shot at making the playoffs, but at the end of the day they are still 5 points back of the last playoff spot with 2 teams ahead of them in pursuit of that last spot. That pick could still fall in the 12-16 range. You’re getting a helluva good prospect in that range.

But it is a bit light based on the asking prices that were reported.
For sure ...But Ottawa needed this player and most of our core is locked up...We need to open our window,and this deal fits this

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Between refusing to take money back and it being near impossible to re integrate Chychurn into the team I suppose they had little to no choice.

Still hilarious after we were told it would take two 1sts at minimum.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
LA is in the playoffs Ottawa is not...Arz couldnt take money back are likely reasons as to why we ended up with him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Another Sens fan got me to seeing it differently.

Isn't it kind of normal that different fans have different views ?

If your only way of countering my opinion is whataboutism about my team, that doesn't do much to convince me.
Thankfully some other Ottawa fans are able to use facts and reason to get a reasonable point across, like functional adults. Those are the people who make HF worthwhile.
I don't think you understand 'whataboutism' and how to use it with proper context. I outlined why it's a good fit. There are plenty of examples in the thread. You came in to take a shot.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Arizona's owner has no money. How the hell was he vetted to buy the franchise??

1677760363783.jpeg

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's flat out laughable that all they got was picks that could turn out to be nothings. for all the talk about armstrong wanting picks and top propects, and the Kings were offering both that would help his team both now and in the future , he ened up with 1 st and a couple of 2nds. :laugh:
I have been saying for months that Chych is average or below on D but elite on offense, 1PP but 2nd or third pairing on D. BA waited forever, 18 months, kept the price at 2 firsts and a good prospect. I have been saying Chych isn't worth that return and the return BA got is market value.

The BS about not being able to retain or take contracts back, like BA didn't know this the last year? BA thought somehow in this world, somebody would A) over pay, B) do it without taking back a contract.

I called this long ago, BA wasn't going to out smarting anyone, we got market for Chych.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have been saying for months that Chych is average or below on D but elite on offense, 1PP but 2nd or third pairing on D. BA waited forever, 18 months, kept the price at 2 firsts and a good prospect. I have been saying Chych isn't worth that return and the return BA got is market value.

The BS about not being able to retain or take contracts back, like BA didn't know this the last year? BA thought somehow in this world, somebody would A) over pay, B) do it without taking back a contract.

I called this long ago, BA wasn't going to out smarting anyone, we got market for Chych.
Not being able to take money likely tanked the value a little here ,but yeah this make sense

Reactions: Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad