Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, but this is me being dragged into a strawmen.

I never made the claim the majority of Sens fan think they were a playoff for multiple seasons... but I'm expected to defend the strawmen for some reason.

That was never my argument.
Then why bother?... lol the majority didn't think so. That was the argument.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Would this not be Dorion throwing Armstrong a dog bone so that he's got a pie in the sky hope that his deal gets slightly better?

Even just the optics of having a "conditional" 1st sounds slightly better than a 2nd, if your in danger control mode I mean.

I just think it’s funny

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Prefer to be Ottawa here obviously but I also don't buy into Pierre Dorion pulling off one of the all time fleecings. Alot of teams easily could've afforded this, so there's gotta be something about Chychrun that GMs either don't like, or something questionable about him that they know but we don't.

Great move for Ottawa either way considering this was pretty cheap given the quality of the player and his contract.

Or the ask didn't drop until two or three of the teams in on chychrun made other trades.

And or a mid round 1st and a couple decent seconds were more attractive to Armstrong than late firts.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah there was a thread on the mainboard about the Sens being a playoff team. I even posted in it lol.

There was one prior to the Covid season also.

The Sens always look good 'on paper'.
I think this past summer was the first we had hoopla about playoffs. The year prior it was about "developing the kids" in Stutzle and Batherson/Norris finally making the jump.

No one thought this roster with 1C JPG was good on paper:

Reactions: bert

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The contract situations were similar, despite Chychrun developing further.

But two more years shouldn't mean that much to Ottawa, given they aren't going to be contenders over those 2 years, anyways. I guess I'm not seeing the fit for Ottawa long-term here.
Well you certainly are in the minority with that view. But then again you are a Habs fan.

Reactions: Dionysus and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bitter ? I was more like befuddled. A more verbose Sens fan made me see it from his POV, and made it make sense for me.
It’s not a complicated concept that it’s a good trade for Ottawa. He is 24 fills a large hole and the team is on the upswing. Your trolling comment that they won’t be a contender in 2 years time in which you really don’t know shows your motive. If Ottawas core isn’t contending in 2 years how long for your habs? A decade?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Prefer to be Ottawa here obviously but I also don't buy into Pierre Dorion pulling off one of the all time fleecings. Alot of teams easily could've afforded this, so there's gotta be something about Chychrun that GMs either don't like, or something questionable about him that they know but we don't.

Great move for Ottawa either way considering this was pretty cheap given the quality of the player and his contract.

I think your speculation is probably off, like way off.

There was league wide interest in the player.

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017
Chabot
Chychrun
Sanderson
Zub
Brannstrom
Hamonic

Excellent blueline. Maybe shop Brannstrom and see what you can get.
No reason to, he makes under a mill and moves the puck up the ice well. On a 3rd pair with hamonic ottawa is just fine, plus he's been playing quietly very well as of late.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
They sure look like they're trying to win tonight against your Dallas Stars big guy!

Oops. Another loss for Arizona, outshot 2x, dominated on the dot and the ice. They sure are trying though. What is that, like 15-4 in the season series?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Seems like Ottawa may have given up less for Chychrun than Vancouver did for Hronek

Reactions: Alex1234

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Oops. Another loss for Arizona, outshot 2x, dominated on the dot and the ice. They sure are trying though. What is that, like 15-4 in the season series?
Congrats on the big win! Barely beating a team that is purposefully trying to tank, but still plays hard, is sure an accomplishment!

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Didn't they originally want a 1st, 2nd, prospect, & roster player? Glad they at least made it happen for a bit less.
Ottawa's been looking amazing lately - maybe they will turn things around.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
FYI @rt

Post in thread 'Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed'Speculation: - Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Offer #1 was Boston
2023 1st
2024 1st
Lysell
Lohrei

Offer #2 was LA
2023 1st
2023 2nd
Turcotte
Bjornfoot/Grans

Offer #3 wad OTT

2023 1st
2024 2nd
2025 2nd
Tyler Boucher
Lassi Thomson
Roby Jarventie
Nikita Zaitsev

Guess I was a couple prospects too heavy on my Ottawa offer. Actually shocked.

Getting that mid-round 1st will be huge for Arizona though. Probably the best 1st you could have gotten for him so that a plus on the Arizona side. Washington 2nd next year could be decent as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad