Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Wow, the Yotes overplayed their hand, dried up the market and took less than what many imagined. The could have made this deal months ago and got the same amount or more lol. Good to see him in Ottawa.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm going to stop reading after zero interest in growing the game. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.
Take a look at what they've been doing in the community in Arizona. I'm not even in the country and it's been easy to see. Educate yourself.

Yea dude so much, 4000 fans. Huge growth.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
This is a slam dunk for Pierre Dorion, I had offered more to @rt which he rejected of course lol, so I am very happy with what the Sens gave up.

Giroux. DeBrincat. Chychrun. Unbelievable that the same GM, unleashed from the late Melnyk who was notorious for meddling with hockey operations, made these moves. The hiring of AGM Ryan Bowness is also paying dividends.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
BA postured, got called on it and was exposed. What an absolute joke of a return. Not to mention all the shitty drama it brought to the franchise (lord knows we have enough of that)

Bright spot is is I like the sens. You guys are getting one hell of a player. Injuries aside, Chychrun can be the best player on the ice including both teams. Excited to see him get an opportunity somewhere else.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
For us uninformed on Chychrun, why does he spend his offseason there ? Not that its a bad place, I like Ottawa, but wasnt he born and raised in South Florida ?

Also, another excellent deal by the Senators. They've drafted and developed incredibly well, not they're also doing excellent work adding to the roster.
I believe his dad grew up in the Nepean area. Probably still has family/friends in the area

Reactions: Andrei79

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
The eternal rebuild! They don't even get an NHL ready prospect for their young under contract top pairing dman. It's just disgusting. What a failure

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Arizona got considerably less than what you were expecting no?
Considerably? No.

Well, depends on where the pick ends up. If it’s 11th, that’s pretty good. The Yotes just traded 27th, 34th, and 45th for 11th last draft.

The GM said today, he turned down deal with two very late firsts because he liked the value on the earlier pick.

Also, I didn’t realize they’d gone totally broke. This last off season they were taking on dumps for assets. Suddenly they can’t anymore. They changed the equation unfortunately.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The NYI 1st isn’t the same as the OTT 1st
Currently Ottawa's 1st would be 12th overall and NYI's would be 18th. BUT, Ottawa has four games in hand on the Islanders, so things could change.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Is it me or did arizona really not read the trade market correctly? They probably could have gotten way more 5 or 6 days ago i would think

Reactions: Miller Time

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Sometimes I feel like Dorion is a fake it till you make it type GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad