Player Discussion Marner

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I was at the game. I am not sure what the fancy stats say, but he looked terrible out there. He doesnt look better than Domi. All these passes to nowhere. Just useless
That’s interesting given how key he was for two of our goals. One no-look pass on the money to set up AM34, and another key battle won to keep possession and get it to Matthews who made a sweet play to get to to JT. Those two goals don’t happen if not for Marner. I guess you must have missed those.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I see different play and mentality from almost everyone.
I personally see the same old Marner. Talented AF, makes some good plays. Then dumb giveaways and too fancy stuff. Fly byes, doesn’t hit anything.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Marner will be resigned by the Leafs this year. First player in the coached dog house will be Nylander.
The big question is - how will he play in the playoffs? Will he live up to his pay grade, or will he continue the downward trend we witnessed in the last two playoff series he played?

Reactions: Nineteen67

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
That’s interesting given how key he was for two of our goals. One no-look pass on the money to set up AM34, and another key battle won to keep possession and get it to Matthews who made a sweet play to get to to JT. Those two goals don’t happen if not for Marner. I guess you must have missed those.

FOr every glorious pass he does way too much shit that is counter productive.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It should be obvious.

I don't know, or don't remember. What did Marchand tell him?

What anyone says should have no impact on a player who's supposedly a superstar. As far as what's affecting him goes, who the hell knows?
Marchand told him he was coming after him in the last game they played prior to the playoffs. I heard Swayman and Tkachuk in the Amazon Faceoff talking about taking guys out of series buy getting in their face and hounding them. It’s was clear the Bruins felt they could throw Marner off and they were very effective at making him disinterested in competing as the series went along.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Marchand told him he was coming after him in the last game they played prior to the playoffs. I heard Swayman and Tkachuk in the Amazon Faceoff talking about taking guys out of series buy getting in their face and hounding them. It’s was clear the Bruins felt they could throw Marner off and they were very effective at making him disinterested in competing as the series went along.
Well hell, that's interesting in a very depressing way. Not that it takes much to make Marner "disinterested in competing as the series went along", unless the kid grows a pair or somehow gets one transplanted I wouldn't seriously consider another big bucks contract for him.

The only way it would make sense to extend Marner for a huge cap hit is if you're fine with continued playoff failures. Unfortunately, I think the ownership might be fine with that. Oh well, regular season should still be fun as long as you somehow forget about what happens in the playoffs. Not that that's easy to do for people like myself, but there seems to be enough people drinking the koolaid, that playoff failures might not matter as the Leaf Nation printing press seems to just keep on printing money no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad