OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Worst coached game I have ever seen. McCarthy would deserve to get fired on this game alone if his body of work hadn't been so good until now.

And I am an Eagles fan that has watched Reid make ridiculous decisions game after game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Seattle deserves credit for making it a game, but what terrible decision making by GB.

What exactly do they deserve credit for?

The 4th INT the player goes down for no reason--there's still 5+ minutes left to play.

I don't know enough about Brandon Bostick to know if he should be on the "Hands Team" (today's game not included in that judgment), but again, that was GB losing the ball. Seattle had to hope for a GB ****-up, and they got one.

Richard Sherman appeared to have injured his left arm...though I wouldn't be surprised if he was somewhat exaggerating the pain, hoping to lull Rodgers into feeling like he could throw at him. Either way they didn't really exploit that.

McCarthy goes straight into "Kill the Clock" mode, which is what Fox did against Baltimore in 2012, and it doesn't work.

Wilson had the worst game of his career--that he won is nothing short of mind boggling. It's very easy for Wilson to get the accolades he gets when he has Marshawn Lynch in front of him. The Packer defense was absolutely atrocious on that 2-Point Conversion...made absolute 0 plays to knock that ball down and just let Wilson (Luke) catch it.

Have never, and will never, understand how the NFL decided that their OT rules are anything other than a joke. You can lose a coin flip and NEVER get a chance to put your offense on the field. And that's what happened today. A team is going to the SB because the other lost a coin toss and never had the opportunity to match their TD. You can match FG, but not TD's. Yet we'll all be back watching on Super Bowl Sunday and next year (And the years to come)

The only time you could say Wilson "stepped up" was that game-winning TD...but then you go and watch the replay and ask "Why didn't GB have a Safety back there?"

When people say "'X Team' lost the game more than 'Y Team' won it..." this is exactly the game they're talking about. Mike McCarthy, somehow, made all the wrong decisions in this game.

Seattle going to the Super Bowl again is a joke. They got exposed, badly, in their own stadium. I think Wilson is a very good QB, but I'm tired of the rest of the Seahawks. Today they didn't just have luck on their side--they had a horseshoe shoved up their *****. Green Bay was firmly in control of this game, and they blew it.

***EDIT***

Also, I feel no sympathy for Marshawn Lynch and his whole deal with the NFL/Media. He doesn't want to talk to the media? Retire, go find something else to do. But he knows the League's rules (however dumb they may be--and a number of them are dumb) but he continues to make a spectacle of it. And then today, trying to wear those ridiculous gold-plated cleats? Just another example of how he's quietly (since he doesn't say anything to the media) one of the most selfish players in the game.

If any of you can't tell, I have a severe dislike towards the Seattle Seahawks.

Last edited:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
What a choke job by Green Bay. Unreal.

Russell Wilson channeling Joe Flacco - throw the ball to the moon and see what happens.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
What exactly do they deserve credit for?

The 4th INT the player goes down for no reason--there's still 5+ minutes left to play.

I don't know enough about Brandon Bostick to know if he should be on the "Hands Team" (today's game not included in that judgment), but again, that was GB losing the ball. Seattle had to hope for a GB ****-up, and they got one.

Richard Sherman appeared to have injured his left arm...though I wouldn't be surprised if he was somewhat exaggerating the pain, hoping to lull Rodgers into feeling like he could throw at him. Either way they didn't really exploit that.

McCarthy goes straight into "Kill the Clock" mode, which is what Fox did against Baltimore in 2012, and it doesn't work.

Wilson had the worst game of his career--that he won is nothing short of mind boggling. It's very easy for Wilson to get the accolades he gets when he has Marshawn Lynch in front of him. The Packer defense was absolutely atrocious on that 2-Point Conversion...made absolute 0 plays to knock that ball down and just let Wilson (Luke) catch it.

Have never, and will never, understand how the NFL decided that their OT rules are anything other than a joke. You can lose a coin flip and NEVER get a chance to put your offense on the field. And that's what happened today. A team is going to the SB because the other lost a coin toss and never had the opportunity to match their TD. You can match FG, but not TD's. Yet we'll all be back watching on Super Bowl Sunday and next year (And the years to come)

The only time you could say Wilson "stepped up" was that game-winning TD...but then you go and watch the replay and ask "Why didn't GB have a Safety back there?"

When people say "'X Team' lost the game more than 'Y Team' won it..." this is exactly the game they're talking about. Mike McCarthy, somehow, made all the wrong decisions in this game.

Seattle going to the Super Bowl again is a joke. They got exposed, badly, in their own stadium. I think Wilson is a very good QB, but I'm tired of the rest of the Seahawks. Today they didn't just have luck on their side--they had a horseshoe shoved up their *****. Green Bay was firmly in control of this game, and they blew it.

100% agreed. As a huge Packers fan, it's unbelievable that this happened. You didn't even list it all. failing to convert on the two red zone possessions in the 1st quarter, letting a fake field goal turn into a touchdown, Rodgers with that horribly stupid interception, at least 10 screen passes into the feet of receivers. Any competent team would have run Seattle over with 40 points.

I'm ****ing pissed.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
100% agreed. As a huge Packers fan, it's unbelievable that this happened. You didn't even list it all. failing to convert on the two red zone possessions in the 1st quarter, letting a fake field goal turn into a touchdown, Rodgers with that horribly stupid interception, at least 10 screen passes into the feet of receivers. Any competent team would have run Seattle over with 40 points.

I'm ****ing pissed.

If you're talking about his 2nd INT, the one that Maxwell caught, that was him and Cobb not being on the same page. Rodgers is now experienced enough that he should be expecting his WR's to know the plays and follow their routes. It was quite clear he expected Cobb to go one way and Cobb didn't. It was unfortunate that it became an INT.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
If you're talking about his 2nd INT, the one that Maxwell caught, that was him and Cobb not being on the same page. Rodgers is now experienced enough that he should be expecting his WR's to know the plays and follow their routes. It was quite clear he expected Cobb to go one way and Cobb didn't. It was unfortunate that it became an INT.

Either way, it was still pretty bad.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys thanks for answering my last questions.

I hope you guys don't mind I have a few more specific ones. Your arena is set up very different than ours and I've never seen a hockey game elsewhere.

There is 8 of us going and we are currently looking at section 112 row 16. Will the glass be in our way from there? Our arena doesn't go that high in rows in the lower bowl.

Would we be better off in the lower balcony such as section 313?

Just want to make sure we have the best view!

Thanks again guys!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Damnit Indy...if you make me have to cheer for Seattle...I swear...

If Indy wins, that's about as close to an automatic Seattle win as it gets. I'd rather take the lesser of two evils, and to me that's NE winning tonight and beating Seattle in the SB.

I do not want to see Sherman's idiotic self hoisting that trophy again. I do not want to see Pete Carroll's smug-ass face holding that trophy again.

I want to see Seattle get their ***** kicked and be humbled.

member 116861

That 2-Pt Conversion throw was anything but "great"...that Luke Wilson was lucky that the GB defenders in his area suddenly forgot how to play defense is about the only reason that succeeded.

I'm talking about the 2 last throws of the game.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
If Indy wins, that's about as close to an automatic Seattle win as it gets. I'd rather take the lesser of two evils, and to me that's NE winning tonight and beating Seattle in the SB.

I do not want to see Sherman's idiotic self hoisting that trophy again. I do not want to see Pete Carroll's smug-ass face holding that trophy again.

I want to see Seattle get their ***** kicked and be humbled.

In the end, the Super Bowl is on Feb 1st, which means I won't even be able to watch it. With GB out of it, I really couldn't care less at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad