OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Can we interview Quinn if Green Bay wins?

Go Packers.

Yup. I posted the same sentiment on Monday - if we are at all interested, GB winning on Sunday is pretty key.

Sounds like Atlanta might not be willing to wait for Quinn and is possibly moving on Austin.

ALSO, Doug Marrone is an idiot.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
ALSO, Doug Marrone is an idiot.

Yeah that dude is super wish washy.

I like Quinn too but I'm ok with Kubiak. He's the safe choice. The only thing that pisses me off is that we should have never went away from zone blocking in the first place. Now we're going to have to scrap the OL and probably start a lot of it over.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah that dude is super wish washy.

I like Quinn too but I'm ok with Kubiak. He's the safe choice. The only thing that pisses me off is that we should have never went away from zone blocking in the first place.
Yeah, why did we even get rid of that in the first place?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's exactly how I feel, but I think chances are slim at this point. A) Too much smoke (from some seemingly well-informed people on Redd1t and elsewhere) around Kubiak and Elway slobbering over one another and, B) the NFL's interview policy handcuffs teams that were recently eliminated from the playoffs and want to interview assistants from teams that are still playing in the playoffs.

At this point, I'd be stunned if it isn't Kubiak. But I agree with you 100% - Dan Quinn would be a homerun hire; I just doubt Elway feels strongly enough about him over Kubes to wait while Seattle tries to "RePete".

Honestly, Kubiak is fairly "meh" hire. Not a huge fan of these re-tread coaches, especially ones who already have sentimental ties to a franchise.

As an outsider I think Kubiak would be more than just a meh hire. I think he's a very good offensive mind who did a fine job in Houston and could really help keep Peyton's arm fresh for the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't care about the Broncos' coaching search, but re-treads usually have a pretty good record. Carroll, Coughlin, Belicheck, Dungy, etc. have all been re-tread when they won championships.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah, why did we even get rid of that in the first place?

tumblr_lx1wnwmvvE1qcg5mio1_500.jpg

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I don't know if you guys read the ESPN article, but the whole Broncos situation seems to be taking shape.

Kubiak coming in for interview. Vance Joseph is also coming in for an interview (former CU player and assistant under Kubiak in Houston). Joseph's interview takes care of the Rooney requirement, but it's rumored Vance Joseph is being interviewed for head coach or possibly coming in as defensive coordinator for Kubiak. Kyle Shanahan refused an interview this week with some other team and is rumored to be our offensive coordinator.

The Ravens have began contacting other coaches for their offense because they believe Kubiak is the top candidate for the Broncos job.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Shanny Jr. would make sense as OC here but Dennison does too.

It sure sounds to me that Atlanta has moved on from Quinn and looking at Austin for HC and Gase for OC. Supposedly Blank was very impressed with Gase, just not enough to be HC.

I'm all for Kubiak. But I have a funky feeling about the hire. Sort of like he'd only be taking the job to help out Elway not because he burns to lead a team again. Maybe this interview on Sunday is just Kubiak coming into listen to Elway's pitch and saying thanks but no thanks.

I'd love Quinn but I just can't see Elway waiting another month. And I dunno if Quinn would want to come here with an uncertain QB situation.

If he hadn't been out of the game do long, the idea of Dungy coming out of retirement for one more ride with Peyton would be appealing.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
About Quinn - we could have interviewed him already with the Hawks permission. The fact that we haven't yet probably means either the Seahawks won't let us or Quinn isn't on the radar.

I think he's headed to the Falcons. Gase sounds like he'll end up a Raider or a Falcon.

I kind of have come full circle on this and agree with Tiger - let the Falcons roll the dice on Quinn. We'll take the proven Kubiak. If Quinn had ended up in Oakland that would've been disaster.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
About Quinn - we could have interviewed him already with the Hawks permission. The fact that we haven't yet probably means either the Seahawks won't let us or Quinn isn't on the radar.
get this idea out of your mind as i believe our only chance to interview Quinn would have been the bye week before the indy game, when we still had a HC

second interviews were allowed the next week, but only if you had already interviewed that person before

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
I dont want another random coordinator. Kubiak is the best option, get it done Elway.

Random coordinator? Seattle's defense the past two seasons has been one of the best in NFL history. They have a passion which this team lacks.

Kubiak is "proven" with a sub-.500 record and failing in the playoffs in Houston.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys, I'll be going to the Lightning game on Feb 22nd. There will probably be around 6 of us (all lightning fans), looking to spend around 50$ a ticket, where do you guys suggest we sit? Will we have any issues with Avs fans if we are wearing lightning gear? I assume not.

Suggestions for stuff to do before and after the game?

Looking forward to visiting your arena.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I haven't looked for this game in particular but look on stubhub for tickets, should be able to get lower bowl in the corner and ends for that price most of the time. Weekend games are more popular so look around.

We don't heckle other fans, just don't be obnoxious ;)

Brooklyn's is steps from the arena. Food isn't anything special but will be packed if you are looking for pre/post game atmosphere. Otherwise, I'd suggest exploring downtown for something to eat. I can be more specific if you have an idea of what you are looking for.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Hey guys, I'll be going to the Lightning game on Feb 22nd. There will probably be around 6 of us (all lightning fans), looking to spend around 50$ a ticket, where do you guys suggest we sit? Will we have any issues with Avs fans if we are wearing lightning gear? I assume not.

Suggestions for stuff to do before and after the game?

Looking forward to visiting your arena.

For tickets most seating is pretty good. I prefer club level and 1st and 2nd rows of the upper deck due to the view.

I usually buy tickets in Denver from Flashseats.com

You bid on them, and sometimes you get a bite really quick of the person just wants to sell them.

http://www.flashseats.com/Default.aspx?pid=18&ec=9000000000009337&ss=0&fss=2096238830

The lower level seats aren't as steep so your view can be more easily obstructed. I've gotten club seats at $40 a pop before and also gotten free parking passes and once and awhile food vouchers to go along with it, this isn't normal though.

For food before the game it really depends on your price range and what kind of food/atmosphere you're looking for.

Personally if i'm looking for Pizza I go to Proto's.

http://www.protospizza.com/site/

It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the stadium. Good atmosphere usually too. It's on a unique street outside of what you would consider the normal downtown area.

Another good little street to check out pre and post game would be the Larimer Square area. If you're looking for a market/deli type thing for food, actually REALLY good food there is a place there literally called "The Market".

LODO has some cool stuff too, but a bit further walking wise.

For parking I usually park at the theme park in Denver called Elitches. It's $10 instead of $20 if you park at Pepsi Center. All you have to do is walk over a bridge and you're there.

You might get heckled a bit but nothing out of the ordinary. If it were DET or Philly (for whatever reason) it could be a different story.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Random coordinator? Seattle's defense the past two seasons has been one of the best in NFL history. They have a passion which this team lacks.

Kubiak is "proven" with a sub-.500 record and failing in the playoffs in Houston.

Seattle also has insane talent to work with. You stick Earl Thomas as the deep man behind a good secondary and a lot of DCs will start looking like geniuses. Not saying they've been badly coached, but when you've got that kind of secondary talent to work with it makes drawing up schemes/plays that'll work much easier.

Kubiak has had to deal with poor talent, first on defense and then at the QB position once Schaub was exposed after AJ slowed down and the OL stopped dominating. He did pretty well with the Texans and his offense should help preserve Peyton a lot, so that come the playoffs his arm isn't worn out again.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Earl Thomas is unbelievably good. I hate that Sherman gets all the press for their secondary. It's Thomas who affords all these other guys to take chances.

The one thing I do like about Seattle though is they seem to have scouting down to a T. Which is something the Broncos have not had in a long time. But if Quinn wanted guys and Elway wanted someone else, I think we all know who is going to get his way in that argument.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Kubiak interview is tomorrow

Would you rather have DT or Andre Johnson at a slight discount?

Is this really a question?

DT is 27 and in the prime of his career, Andre Johnson is 33 and is on the decline of his career.

I take DT who is one of the 5 best receivers in the game right now over an aging Johnson 100 times out of 100 even if the price tag is significantly higher than Johnson's. You don't give up players like DT, he will be a lifer barring something strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad