OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Glad he's gone.

I don't want to see Von Miller dropping into pass coverage more than two or three times a game. He's one of the best pash rushers out there; hit the damn quarterback.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
totally agree

Del Rio expected to be hired by Raiders very soon.

I've always respected JDR as a coach and person but I don't think this is a very good hire for them. The Raiders are a young exciting team with Carr and to not hire one of the up and coming coaches (or one that really emphasizes youth development) makes me scratch my head.

The Raiders are just taking what they can get.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, Del Rio! Because we don't want ass prints on our new doors.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
SF did NOT go with Gase...

Well crap...I would think that means he's got a decent-to-good shot at becoming HC here in Denver....

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Teryl Austin getting a 2nd interview in Atlanta...

Dan Quinn, you want this job or what? You can have it as soon as next Monday (just blow any chance of the "RePete" vs the Packers).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Teryl Austin getting a 2nd interview in Atlanta...

Dan Quinn, you want this job or what? You can have it as soon as next Monday (just blow any chance of the "RePete" vs the Packers).

The rules for interviewing coaches that are still in the PO's are a bit murky. For instance, there's a period where teams are allowed to bring back candidates for a 2nd interview, I think it's next week, but the Broncos can't bring Quinn in for an interview during that same period--only 2nd interviews.

The Falcons are supposedly "content to wait for Quinn" and he is rumored to like them as well. So I see Quinn getting to Atlanta.

Since Bowles is gone as well, I don't know who the Broncos would turn to...I don't really want Gase at the helm, but they may not have a choice.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Might as well. Peyton is going to get what he wants. He's comfortable with Gase, they can move on to someone else when Peyton retires.

Blech, no....I'm not even that big of a Broncos fan--certainly not as big as several of the posters here--and I do NOT want to see Gase waste away what could be Peyton's final year.

Gase isn't the answer, but to be fair I'm not sure what is...but I would think that Adam Gase is part of the problem that Elway is wanting to eliminate...unless John Fox was neutering him in his Offensive Playcalling, then the Broncos need to 100% move on from him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You really think Peyton wants to acclimate to how someone else does things, maybe someone who wants to take more control of the offense? That would be his wishes to keep Gase around. Now that he's not getting the Niners job it probably will be understood that Gase remains as at least the OC. Elway might want to clean house but he also has to keep his HOF QB happy and until he's gone that is probably priority #1.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well, I'm hoping that this doesn't necessarily mean that Kubiak is out of the discussion--but hell, he might not even be IN the discussion.

We saw the rumor that the Broncos would seek to talk with him, but we just don't know if they actually have.

I would MUCH RATHER see Kubiak here than see Gase take over. But I've got a big bias against Gase--I just don't think he's that great of an OC. I would rather seek Kubiak brought in and install his own team of coordinators.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Broncos options might be limited because most any coaching candidate in the NFL who has any sort of clout will also want managerial control to some extent. It's what initially kept Shanahan from taking the HC job in Denver after Reeves was fired, and apparently Fox was displeased that he had little to no say in personnel matters.

IF it's Kubiak, I sure as hell hope he learned from the many mistakes he made in Houston. If it's Gase...ugh, I don't know.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Del Rio in Oakland only means another season sweep by us of the Raiders next year...even if he takes Pot Roast with him.

It's foolish to think given how close they are that Kubiak and Elway haven't talked yet, however informally. But Kubiak may not want a HC job given the health problems that cropped up late in the Houston gig.

I could easily see Gase back as OC for one more year.

I am very intreagued by the dark horse candidacy of Rick Dennison. Supposedly he finished just behind both Fox and McDaniels.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I want nothing to do with Gase and his conservative nonsense. You don't pay a quarterback 20 million dollars to throw a 3 yard pass on 4th and 8 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. I don't care if he's hurt, I don't care if it was the correct read. Throw it to the damn sticks.

In better news, the CSU basketball team was up 55-12 at half against Nevada.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I want nothing to do with Gase and his conservative nonsense. You don't pay a quarterback 20 million dollars to throw a 3 yard pass on 4th and 8 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. I don't care if he's hurt, I don't care if it was the correct read. Throw it to the damn sticks.

In better news, the CSU basketball team was up 55-12 at half against Nevada.
Throwing the long ball wasn't exactly working for 18 on Sunday.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Throwing the long ball wasn't exactly working for 18 on Sunday.
An eight yard pass hardly qualifies as a "long ball" and if Peyton couldn't hit (and he couldn't) a receiver eight yards down field he shouldn't have been out there.

There was NO intermediate passing game Sunday. Either they threw it deep (usually 3+ yards off target) or they threw it +/- 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Point is, you throw it to the damn sticks on 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter of a home playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad