OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think he is going to leave, I think his statements were more to indict Fox than anything. He wouldn't have said 3 weeks ago he was definitely coming back if he had any serious retirement contemplations.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I don't think he is going to leave, I think his statements were more to indict Fox than anything.

That's an interesting theory. Was there some friction between Manning and Fox?

If Manning does stay, I think the Broncos are going to lose quite a few FAs. I really don't see them signing any more than a few of them.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I think if Manning stays, they resign DThomas, VGreen, Montgomery. Every other UFA is going to leave.

If they don't keep Manning, they resign DThomas, VGreen, Montgomery, and either Knighton or JThomas (not both). And then they sign a FA QB.

I think you're more or less correct with this.

Julius' value might have gone down a bit due to his ineffective play after his injury, but he was scoring at a stupid enough pace early on that someone will give him big money.

I love Pot Roast and wish they could've extended him before the season. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him follow Del Rio to Oakland if that ends up happening.

Virgil is such a solid blocking TE. Too bad he has no hands.

I personally think it's pretty obvious, but BeyBey takes priority. I love me some DT; I want him to be a Bronco for life. He's earned his payday (even if he does have days where he can't seem to hold on to the ball). His attitude is awesome and being recognized as a captain this year reflects that.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I think you're more or less correct with this.

Julius' value might have gone down a bit due to his ineffective play after his injury, but he was scoring at a stupid enough pace early on that someone will give him big money.

I love Pot Roast and wish they could've extended him before the season. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him follow Del Rio to Oakland if that ends up happening.

Virgil is such a solid blocking TE. Too bad he has no hands.

I personally think it's pretty obvious, but BeyBey takes priority. I love me some DT; I want him to be a Bronco for life. He's earned his payday (even if he does have days where he can't seem to hold on to the ball). His attitude is awesome and being recognized as a captain this year reflects that.

BeyBey?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's an interesting theory. Was there some friction between Manning and Fox?

If Manning does stay, I think the Broncos are going to lose quite a few FAs. I really don't see them signing any more than a few of them.

Yeah I've definitely seen that out there and far earlier than just this week. Though I can't give you any great sources but its been out there. Might have a lot to do with the difference in philosophy that Elway mentioned today. Though I believe Manning trusts Gase a lot and to lose him too that takes away a huge security blanket for Manning.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think if Manning stays, they resign DThomas, VGreen, Montgomery. Every other UFA is going to leave.

If they don't keep Manning, they resign DThomas, VGreen, Montgomery, and either Knighton or JThomas (not both). And then they sign a FA QB.

They'll franchise Demaryus before losing him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
You can't ignore what he did at Penn State.

8-4 and 7-5 beating two rank opponents with a team that didn't lose that much talent after the scandal. at best the jury is still out and if he does become a bona fide success he'll be the exception to the rule.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
8-4 and 7-5 beating two rank opponents with a team that didn't lose that much talent after the scandal. at best the jury is still out and if he does become a bona fide success he'll be the exception to the rule.
They had no talent when Joe Pa left.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
He had three players drafted each year, did any of the players take advantage of their free pass to leave State college?
9 players left. Silas Redd, Justin Brown and Anthony Fera being the most important guys.

Most importantly, he somehow got Hackenberg to commit to Penn State even with bowl sanctions. Not to mention the most important part, winning games with scholarship sanctions. They were a team with not much talent and no depth.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
9 players left. Silas Redd, Justin Brown and Anthony Fera.

Most importantly, he somehow got Hackenberg to commit to Penn State even with bowl sanctions.

Unfortunately there isn't much QB recruiting in the NFL. He couldn't get out of there fast enough either.

1-5 versus playoff teams this year.

But hell look at the articles about McDaniels HC candidacy where there's absolute amnesia about the catastrophe here and the fruit off the Belichick coaching tree is Durian. If anything we aren't giving Hoodie enough credit as he really isn't standing on anyone's shoulders and possibly has figured out how to weaponize his subordinates against the teams that hire them.

Last edited:

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Unfortunately there isn't much QB recruiting in the NFL.
Edited my post with more info.

Just look at what Hackenberg did as a true freshman under him and what he did as a sophomore under Franklin.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So on Sunday, the game in Seattle is the early game, and the game in New England is the late game? :huh:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I thought it was kinda funny that Elway took somewhat of a veiled shot at Fox. Saying that he wants a coach that knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl not just how to get there.

Glazer's right in the middle of all this. He naturally takes his friend's side (Fox) but honestly it sounds like Elway is dead damn set on winning a super bowl. I like it. Go Elway.

And according to Glazer this relationship has been bad since last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/glazer-fox-elway-had-irreconcilable-differences/

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Glazer's right in the middle of all this. He naturally takes his friend's side (Fox) but honestly it sounds like Elway is dead damn set on winning a super bowl. I like it. Go Elway.

And according to Glazer this relationship has been bad since last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/glazer-fox-elway-had-irreconcilable-differences/
i think the detoriation had to start with Fox's decision to play for OT with 30 seconds left and 2 timeouts in the Baltimore game. You know Elway had to hate that. And in retrospect that year may have been our best chance to win the Super Bowl. We would have had great weather the next week against a weak Pats team. And I think we'd have killed SF in the Super Bowl.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
i think the detoriation had to start with Fox's decision to play for OT with 30 seconds left and 2 timeouts in the Baltimore game. You know Elway had to hate that. And in retrospect that year may have been our best chance to win the Super Bowl. We would have had great weather the next week against a weak Pats team. And I think we'd have killed SF in the Super Bowl.

totally agree

Del Rio expected to be hired by Raiders very soon.

I've always respected JDR as a coach and person but I don't think this is a very good hire for them. The Raiders are a young exciting team with Carr and to not hire one of the up and coming coaches (or one that really emphasizes youth development) makes me scratch my head.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's quite funny they've gone straight to the Broncos DC bin twice then. You'd think that maybe they should expand their horizons. I understand JDR and Allen were completely different stages in their career but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad