OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I dunno, maybe Manning comes to realize "it could get worse". But let's be clear here. I'm not bashing Manning, I want him back and call me crazy but I still think he can get us to the promised land. The window is closing for sure but it hasn't slammed shut yet.

The schedule for next season will be key. A week 4 bye and a stretch of 4 outta 5 on the road just brutalized us this year.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I could probably live with Manning for another year, but only if the coaching staff is cleaned out.

Honestly, John Fox and his cronies are sitting ducks when a good coaching staff has a blueprint to follow. For instance, the Colts followed Seattle's blueprint from the Super Bowl. Their D-backs were physical with the outside receivers, and they clogged the middle of the field, making it really difficult for Manning to find anyone. Fox and Gase had no answer for this, just like in the Super Bowl. They only know how to coach one way, and that way is extremely predictable and easy to counter if the defensive backs are good enough. They didn't move to crossing routes, slants, comebacks, ect., they just stuck with screens and fade routes. Hell, they didn't even try a trick play. With the way things were going, they should've got creative and pulled out some different plays. Unfortunately, that just isn't their style, which is why they need to go.

As for Del Rio, it's funny how Elway brought in Talib, Ware, and Ford to mirror Seattle's defense, but it was the Colts that were able to pull it off. Seattle's defense plays with the mentality that THEY are going to be the deciding force in winning the game. Doesn't matter what Russell Wilson does, they are going to make plays and keep the score close. Our defense decided it would make a few stops, but ultimately, it would be on Manning to win the game. We're at home, the crowd is going wild, and we casually just let Luck do anything he wants. No need to cover, we'll just play ten yards off the receiver and let Luck pick us apart. We'll get no pressure from our two "star" pass rushers. Instead of taking it upon themselves to win the game, they just became as demoralized as Manning did, even giving up 3rd and 16 in a key situation like it was nothing. Del Rio is just a incompetent as Fox and Gase, so needs to go as well.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I could probably live with Manning for another year, but only if the coaching staff is cleaned out.

Honestly, John Fox and his cronies are sitting ducks when a good coaching staff has a blueprint to follow. For instance, the Colts followed Seattle's blueprint from the Super Bowl. Their D-backs were physical with the outside receivers, and they clogged the middle of the field, making it really difficult for Manning to find anyone.

If a QB can't run and can't throw a long pass, defending that QB/team isn't very difficult.

Some of us have been complaining about Manning's lack of arm strength over the course of the season, and it was very evident yesterday. If he was injured, that's one thing. But if he simply cannot throw the ball over 15 yards with any zip any longer, decent defensive teams are going to eat the Broncos up.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
How about some Rockies rumors for you to help move on. Rumors are still alive for a Gee trade (better than nothing). Also rumors of a Vogelsong signing. Again, blah, but better than nothing. And last but not least, some baseless and honestly far fetched speculation that the Rockies are the team that offered Shields the big 110 million deal he apparently has on the table.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
How about some Rockies rumors for you to help move on. Rumors are still alive for a Gee trade (better than nothing). Also rumors of a Vogelsong signing. Again, blah, but better than nothing. And last but not least, some baseless and honestly far fetched speculation that the Rockies are the team that offered Shields the big 110 million deal he apparently has on the table.

I'd heard the same; I wouldn't hate it, even if it would be a pretty clear cash-grab on the part of Shields.

Gee is not good, but I'd take Vogelsong. As it stands, our current rotation, even when healthy, is truly abysmal. How they've managed to not even pretend to address it yet this offseason is just status quo for this franchise, new GM or not.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I'd heard the same; I wouldn't hate it, even if it would be a pretty clear cash-grab on the part of Shields.

Gee is not good, but I'd take Vogelsong. As it stands, our current rotation, even when healthy, is truly abysmal. How they've managed to not even pretend to address it yet this offseason is just status quo for this franchise, new GM or not.

Vogelsong is slightly better, but is more of a fly ball pitcher, and is also a decade older. But we wouldn't need to trade anything for him. I still think we need to pick up two starters to finish the rotation somehow. One of those two guys would be fine for thd back end. But I doubt the team feels the same. They will pick up one and call them an ace.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I wouldn't mind Shields at all. The nick name "Big Game James" is just annoying, but we don't have to worry about him pitching in a big game with the Rockies.

I'm still sad we didn't get Jose Abreu :( 5 million...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad