OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
RL, that how I feel about New England. They get credit for never giving up but it sounds ridiculous. I wasn't watching, I was wasting time watching our glorious farm team. I need a break from football. I'm starting to hate the thing I used to love so much. I can't watch New England either.

And yeah on Lynch, it's just disrespectful. The media is really stupid but it's their job to get quotes and write a story. Not talking makes it a story. If you hate it so much then roll out the football player 101 cliches and then nobody cares.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If Indy wins, that's about as close to an automatic Seattle win as it gets. I'd rather take the lesser of two evils, and to me that's NE winning tonight and beating Seattle in the SB.

I do not want to see Sherman's idiotic self hoisting that trophy again. I do not want to see Pete Carroll's smug-ass face holding that trophy again.

I want to see Seattle get their ***** kicked and be humbled.

I agree but the only thing worse than Carroll's and Sherman's smug faces are the smug faces of Belichick and Brady.

The only thing that could have made this one worse would have been Dallas coming out of the NFC.

I hate this Superbowl so bad.

Now I have to cheer for freaking Seattle. Colts are in the process of getting slaughtered.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
RL, that how I feel about New England. They get credit for never giving up but it sounds ridiculous. I wasn't watching, I was wasting time watching our glorious farm team. I need a break from football. I'm starting to hate the thing I used to love so much. I can't watch New England either.

And yeah on Lynch, it's just disrespectful. The media is really stupid but it's their job to get quotes and write a story. Not talking makes it a story. If you hate it so much then roll out the football player 101 cliches and then nobody cares.

I know that people don't like New England, and I understand the hate. But like I said, in my view they're the lesser of two evils. I may not like Tom Brady, but can't deny that he's a special QB. I'd rather see him and some of the players I do like on New England win the SB (the other players mainly being Edelman and Collins).

The thought of Seattle repeating as Winners just pisses me off. That entire defense is overrated in the sense that they're incredibly easy to beat. They get a way with a lot of hands stuff (holding, PI, etc) because I am sure they're coached like that. They're likely told "Do it until you get flagged, if they don't flag you, you're just going to continue getting away with it". So they play overly physical. Just be physical right back. Shove their bravado back in their faces and they start deflating.

Indianapolis isn't good enough to win the SB this year, not with Seattle in it. Their defense, while it stepped up against us, just is way to inconsistent, and they don't have a real dangerous running game.

My stance is purely based on preventing Seattle and their asshat players from winning another SB.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I agree but the only thing worse than Carroll's and Sherman's smug faces are the smug faces of Belichick and Brady.

The only thing that could have made this one worse would have been Dallas coming out of the NFC.

Now I have to cheer for freaking Seattle. Colts are in the process of getting slaughtered.

Belichick I'll give you, but I've never believed Brady to be "smug"...the guy has won 3 SB's, at that point that's confidence in yourself that you're amongst the best QB's to play this game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh I certainly respect Brady, I can understand what a special player he is. I'd probably even like him if he was on another team. I get that Seattle is obnoxious but it's just one team and I think they are vulnerable (as they've shown). It's just ugh all around.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
No problem. We have a coming to Denver thread but it's not stickied. This is where we complain about football (clearly) lol.

I don't know what you mean by glass in the way. That's the end zone, it's a good section. That portion sits higher up than maybe you'd think so lower rows are not buried behind the goal, if that makes any sense. I prefer the lower bowl. If you can get say row 1 in the balcony those are nice because they hang over pretty far and you get a nice view. Those lower bowl rows go to about 30 so 16 is fairly low, probably halfway. I find the view in the lower bowl goes from good to incredible around 6-8, if that makes any difference. Then from incredible to mind blowing around 2-3. Row 1 in the balcony I might prefer (but I like to stand at the glass for warm up skate so that usually breaks the tie) anything but row 1 I'd take lower bowl.

Yeah I saw it and just posted in it.

When sitting down low in our building if you are high enough up your view of the other end usually is half glass half net and it makes it difficult to see. Granted we would be on the lightning side for 2 periods, that is really my main concern. (seeing the other end)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh I certainly respect Brady, I can understand what a special player he is. I'd probably even like him if he was on another team. I get that Seattle is obnoxious but it's just one team and I think they are vulnerable (as they've shown). It's just ugh all around.

Seattle is definitely vulnerable...but I don't think Indianapolis is the team that breaches their vulnerability. I'm looking at Indy right now and all I can think is "They're playing with 'House Money' right now".

They're pretty much all QB, and Seattle WILL shut that down.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Elway wants to see Manning get another ring but he is desperate to get another one for Pat Bowlen while Bowlen can still enjoy it on some level.

True, I totally spazzed on that. Having spent a few years in buffalo I sometimes forget that Ralph wasn't the only...elder owner around. Even moreso making me think that that could well have been Elway being too involved rather than Fox just not chewing into his team when they needed it. He's probably softened some and taken a more backed set position with Peyton and Elway around, but that just wasn't something I'd ever accuse the John Fox who managed to make the Panthers relevant with Jake Delhomme as the best QB he ever had, or the John Fox that lead some quality Giants defensive units.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Worst coached game I have ever seen. McCarthy would deserve to get fired on this game alone if his body of work hadn't been so good until now.

And I am an Eagles fan that has watched Reid make ridiculous decisions game after game.

lol I miss the Walrus and Donovan. Thankfully the iggles still don't have a really top tier QB but Kelly doesn't soothe me the way Philly being lead by Andy Reid used to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Indy wins, that's about as close to an automatic Seattle win as it gets. I'd rather take the lesser of two evils, and to me that's NE winning tonight and beating Seattle in the SB.

I do not want to see Sherman's idiotic self hoisting that trophy again. I do not want to see Pete Carroll's smug-ass face holding that trophy again.

I want to see Seattle get their ***** kicked and be humbled.

Agreed. Except I want Belicheck and Brady to beat Carroll and Wilson the way Dinosaur and Eli beat Beli and Brady, with some late game ******** that just works...because...

That would make me as happy as any possible result from here, but my hatred for the Seabirds and Carroll is a lot more intense than my dislike for that Pats and Belicheck, especially because they've been so kind as to let us beat them in such spectacular ways for both of our recent SBs.

Plus when the giants finally make a run to win Eli #3 next season or the one after that, I want the Hawks to still be hungry and really wanting to win so they can't just shake it off as "well, we've won a few already. Thought we would share." The Pats haven't won since Eli broke them, so them getting another SB wouldn't annoy me as much.

And I give Indy little chance against either the Pats or Seahawks.

Might just be cause I'm a giants fan but Belicheck and Brady not winning **** since 18-1, makes them much less annoying than Carroll and co.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
As I stated before, I thought you were talking about the last 2 plays of the game.

Sorry dude. I totally missed that exchange between you and RL.

Anyway, awful choke by GB. Seattle did make the subsequent plays, but…….. damn.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Pretty clear that last week was Indys Super Bowl. All the drops, missed blocks, etc weren't there when they played here last week.

Not to degrade the Pats at all.

I hate rooting for the Seachickens...but I will be 6 feet under before I root for McDaniels to get another ring.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Pretty clear that last week was Indys Super Bowl. All the drops, missed blocks, etc weren't there when they played here last week.

Not to degrade the Pats at all.

I hate rooting for the Seachickens...but I will be 6 feet under before I root for McDaniels to get another ring.

I actually forgot that McDaniels coaches for them...so at least on that, I can understand a lot of Broncos fans' ire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad