OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVII: Baez Time!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
If the Eklund of ESPN is true, it will be hilarious when a "discount" is mentioned.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 33s
I'm told Melo will not take the full $129 million from the Knicks. Don't have exact figures but it's north of $122 million

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If the Eklund of ESPN is true, it will be hilarious when a "discount" is mentioned.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 33s
I'm told Melo will not take the full $129 million from the Knicks. Don't have exact figures but it's north of $122 million

thats better news for NY. they have a bit of extra space to sign someone else now

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Mike Dunleavy Jr., isn't expected to be included in a proposed Lakers-Bulls sign-and-trade for Pau Gasol, league source tells Yahoo.

Hopefully we can keep him. Liked him a lot last year.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@paugasol: It hasn't been easy. After meditating it a lot I've chosen to play with the Chicago Bulls. Looking forward to this new chapter of my career

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I mean... Gasol's still a good player, but with Mirotic coming over they already had 3 quality bigs. They still look terrible on the wing.

Being a Bulls fan is frustrating. Thankfully there's the Blackhawks.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
I mean... Gasol's still a good player, but with Mirotic coming over they already had 3 quality bigs. They still look terrible on the wing.

Being a Bulls fan is frustrating. Thankfully there's the Blackhawks.
Among other things, Gasol can play center. Boozer couldn't.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN
Bulls in the process of finalizing a free agent deal with Pau Gasol. Will not be a sign-and-trade with Lakers, sources told ESPN.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN
Bulls in the process of finalizing a free agent deal with Pau Gasol. Will not be a sign-and-trade with Lakers, sources told ESPN.

Gootie, do you think Boozer will get amnestied or traded?

If you were a member of the Bulls front office, how would you package a deal involving Carlos Boozer and his 16.8 million dollar expiring contract?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Amnestied

If they were trading him they'd have to trade at least a 1st rounder with him

So terrible adding a PF/C who put up 20/11 per 36 last year

Well when you put it like that I guess the Bulls should keep Boozer. I mean Boozer put up 17.5/10.6 per 36 last year

And Gasol for record was 19.9/11.1 per 36 last year

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I'm upset about the Pau signing but I won't let it get me down. He is older, but can still produce. I do think he is an upgrade over boozer, but not by much. People might not like it, but I'd like to see the bulls sign Wade.

By adding two veteran, championship winning players the Bulls may get older, but they would also get wiser.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Well when you put it like that I guess the Bulls should keep Boozer. I mean Boozer put up 17.5/10.6 per 36 last year

And Gasol for record was 19.9/11.1 per 36 last year
Gasol is a better back-to-the-basket player, shooter, passer, defender, is taller, and can play center. And he'll be a mentor to Mirotic.

How dare I round up a tenth of a point :sarcasm:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gasol is a better back-to-the-basket player, shooter, passer, defender, is taller, and can play center. And he'll be a mentor to Mirotic.

How dare I round up a tenth of a point :sarcasm:

Gasol is just as worthless as Boozer defensively

At end of day another consolation prize who cant play type of game coach Thibs wants

Wonderful management

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You can put Gasol at Center, but he is a meh defender. A small all around upgrade to Boozer. Nothing to get excited about.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Sucks not to get Melo, but it's not their fault that he wasn't going to leave NY. Really doubt they could have done much else. And picking up Gasol is very nice. Didn't get the big star we wanted, but they made some improvements and that's what matters. Do they best with what they can.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Gasol is fine, nothing to get excited about. Now had they got him in 2007 like they could have, that would have been exciting. Bulls are a decent team with little to no shot of winning the title.....same as it's been under the entire failed Paxson regime

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Went to the Cubs game today. First game at Wrigley that I can remember. I went when I was younger, but so young I didn't really remember anything of it. Got the bleacher seats. Oh that was a joy and I had a great time. Game didn't go as wanted, but it was high scoring and entertaining at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad