OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVII: Baez Time!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Do they need that little extra bit of cap space? Is whatever they need it for worth sacrificing their first next year for it?
The only real reason the Bulls would do a sign and trade is to unload Boozer. Because they can't get LAL or a 3rd party to take him, the Bulls are going to sign Gasol straight-up.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 14m
Kirk Hinrich has re-signed with the Bulls, per source.

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Nikola Mirotic @nikolamirotic12 · 13m
I am very happy and excited to announce that next season I will be playing with the @chicagobulls . Today I fulfill a dream. #BullsNation

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Figures one of my least favorite bulls of the past decade is back. Good... god.
If it was for the vet min I could understand, but they gave him the room exception. Two years, 5.6M with a player option for second year. GarPax can finally run their all white lineup

Kirk
MDJ
McD
Mirotic
Gasol

Meanwhile,

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6m
Free agent guard DJ Augustin has reached a two-year, $6 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If it was for the vet min I could understand, but they gave him the room exception. Two years, 5.6M with a player option for second year. GarPax can finally run their all white lineup

Kirk
MDJ
McD
Mirotic
Gasol

Meanwhile,

Defense and three pointers.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Free agent forward Pau Gasol is finalizing a three-year, $22M-plus contract with the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Nothingman*

At least at the upper levels when you're a 100 game pro.

He only has like 13 games at AA. I think they will have him finish the year there. Just the way the Cubs are slow rolling everyone and his injury history. It would be the smart thing to do and not pressure him.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
He only has like 13 games at AA. I think they will have him finish the year there. Just the way the Cubs are slow rolling everyone and his injury history. It would be the smart thing to do and not pressure him.

He doesn't need to finish the year at AA. That would be a waste. I think the Cubs want to see Soler prove he can stay before moving him up. I expect Soler to be at AAA by August.

And fun fact, I believe every Cub affiliate, excluding the VSL Cubs, are over.500 and is either in first or second at their respective level. Kinda neat.

Nothingman*

He doesn't need to finish the year at AA. That would be a waste. I think the Cubs want to see Soler prove he can stay before moving him up. I expect Soler to be at AAA by August.

And fun fact, I believe every Cub affiliate, excluding the VSL Cubs, are over.500 and is either in first or second at their respective level. Kinda neat.

How much you want to bet he isn't in AAA by August?

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
How much you want to bet he isn't in AAA by August?

He should be though. He's not the same as a normal prospect; he's already played pro baseball in Cuba and from all reports has a much more advanced approach than one needs at AA. At this point he needs to stay healthy and it doesn't matter which level-AA or AAA- he is at for that to happen. It either does it it doesn't.

Give him a couple more weeks and then move him up. Ideally he should be up with the Cubs early next year if he can stay healthy.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I bet Soler stays at AA the rest of the year, goes to the AzFL then is in Iowa next year, poised for a midseason call up.

Nothingman*

He should be though. He's not the same as a normal prospect; he's already played pro baseball in Cuba and from all reports has a much more advanced approach than one needs at AA. At this point he needs to stay healthy and it doesn't matter which level-AA or AAA- he is at for that to happen. It either does it it doesn't.

Give him a couple more weeks and then move him up. Ideally he should be up with the Cubs early next year if he can stay healthy.

I think they want to see him go through teams, scouting adjustments, and his progression on those. He has only played 14 games this year and there is no need to rush him and risk injury. I am guessing mid next year call up

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Oh great, hasn't even played a game yet and he's already got a stupid ass nickname

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad