OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
So they DFA'd the return for trading Carlson. Should've taken a flier on some low value A prospect instead. Poor decision after poor decision.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
So they DFA'd the return for trading Carlson. Should've taken a flier on some low value A prospect instead. Poor decision after poor decision.
01hxr2j7zq510t2wqa2j.jpg

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It's par for the course at this point. I just assume now that if we're trading someone we're getting hosed. And unless fans continue to stay home in droves nothing will change. I haven't spent a penny on the Cardinals this year and i won't until they actually make changes and prove it to me.

Reactions: Spear and TheDizee

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

All I can think of is "cold dead hand." You get a guy who you kept for 3 and half weeks???? Great management of a roster there....

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I was given free tickets from work for the game on the 6th and idk if I even want to go.
As long as you don't give them a penny at the stadium.

All I can think of is "cold dead hand." You get a guy who you kept for 3 and half weeks???? Great management of a roster there....
We need for this guy to turn into a all star now or ace to complete the cycle

Reactions: Fez Whatley

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
So sad to see how this terrible management core wasted the prime years of future HOF players in Goldy and Arenado by literally dumpster diving around them. Shameful

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don't understand DFAing Armstrong. He was fine while here. Some team will claim him and he'll be an integral part of a post season run just to put the cherry on top.

I don't know if Leahy has any options left, but that would've been my target. Not the guy you just got who was one of the best relievers in baseball last year.

Or even better, I wouldn't shed a tear if they'd just get rid of Mikolas whether its via DFA or sending him back to the KBO

Just going to keep editing this line by line while i rant. I also see no purpose that Jose Fermin serves. Nor do I see much of a purpose for Luken Baker being up. It's not like we're willing to give him an opportunity to make the team as a bench bat. It's been going on 2 or 3 years now where he's been really good in the Minors and doesn't get a look there.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Cardinals: we are going to overpay for vets who are in the twilights of their careers and if the fans don't show up well spend less money on the on field product. We are also going to jerk our top prospects up and down between AAA and the MLB when they are not ready for everyday MLB play.

Blues: we are going to try to target young players who are in the age range between our three biggest players in Neighbours, Thomas And Kyrou by picking up Texier, Holloway, and Broberg while also having stacking our forward prospects pipeline and trying to also get quality defensive prospects as well. We are also going to weaponize our capspace by targeting players like M. Joseph, Suter, and Faksa to fill some other holes in the lineup on short term deals while we allow our prospects to grow so we aren't forcing them into the NHL too soon.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Just had an epiphany. The front office is so outraged by the local fan bases criticism for the Cardinals, and praise for the Blues. Shawn Armstrong has paid the price for Armstrong and the offersheets. Those edmonton fans were right, other GMs were watching and were waiting to make Army pay for it.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
See the problem with that is when I go to a game I want Nachos (honestly the only time I ever get nachos anymore is at a ballgame and I haven't been in over a year)
Nothing beats ballpark Nachos. Honestly, its like 5-10 dollars they will get out of you. Just go and have fun. I would if I got free tickets.

I think that if these attendance (and hopefully TV ratings, havent checked on those) continue to drop, they are going to be FORCED to make a move.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Nothing beats ballpark Nachos. Honestly, its like 5-10 dollars they will get out of you. Just go and have fun. I would if I got free tickets.

I think that if these attendance (and hopefully TV ratings, havent checked on those) continue to drop, they are going to be FORCED to make a move.
Nothing beats obnoxiously cheering for the Cardinals at Wrigley Field and then being bombarded by condiment-stained garbage. Nacho cheese, mustard, a few peanut shells stuck to said condiments. Good fun!

If I don't leave Wrigley looking all grubby, then I did something wrong.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I was curious and checked out Cards tickets on Resale sites becauae of the News. And Jesus. 1-5 dollar tickets all throughout the stadium

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad