Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
No you don't. If Quebec had won that game 7 Rimouski would have been invited despite not winning their league.

Wrong again. Quebec is the host team and automatic entry in Memorial Cup. Rimouski was not invited, they earned the right to be there by making it to the finals. If Rimouski did not win the semis, the other team would have gone.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
No he's right. But Oshawa is unfortunately going to have release Cole Cassels, McCarron, Carlisle, Mermis, Broduer and Turner. And our all times games leader Suellentrop who just graduated is going to have to give up his record.

Also without those players, Oshawa doesn't win the OHL, so they are going to have to withdraw from the Memorial Cup.

Check mate...:handclap:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
No he's right. But Oshawa is unfortunately going to have release Cole Cassels, McCarron, Carlisle, Mermis, Broduer and Turner. And our all times games leader Suellentrop who just graduated is going to have to give up his record.

Also without those players, Oshawa doesn't win the OHL, so they are going to have to withdraw from the Memorial Cup.

At least Cassels is a dual citizenship Canadian.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Good luck Oshawa tough schedule though back to back games.

Meh. Back to back games is completely normal for CHL. And considering they will have had more than a week's rest, and the fact that both of their opponents are coming off a 7 game series...I don't think the back-to-back should have much impact. And they get a rest day before playing the other favourite Kelowna.

Any other Gens fans making the trip? Me and my brother will be there for Saturday and Sunday at the very least, and maybe Friday night if we get there in time and tickets are easy to come by (which it seems they will be).

And if the Gennies get to the final we will drive right back to QC next weekend. :nod:

darmitage

May 13, 2012
has anyone heard anything where you can go and watch the Gens games? I heard something about GM Centre has anyone else?

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Oshawa Buffalo Wild Wings are showing the games, if it was being shown @ the GMC I sure wouldn't go :laugh:

what will it be like at Oshawa Buffalo Wild Wings? so I guess you have to buy wings is that it? big crowd

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
what will it be like at Oshawa Buffalo Wild Wings? so I guess you have to buy wings is that it? big crowd

My brother watched game 4 of the Erie series there and he had a great time. I really doubt there is any requirement to buy food. Just tell em you're a DD and try and get free pops.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
just heard Sam Cosentino from Sportsnet saying he isn,t worried about Cassels compared to other players in the tournament who is he ?????

darmitage

May 13, 2012
I phoned GM Centre and they said they won,t be showing the Gens games, SAD! so I guess just Buffalo Wings will be showing the games

Runner26

May 10, 2015
Gens games

Where would you watch them at the GMC?? Surely not on the big screen ?? it is absolutely useless. Go to Buffalo Wild Wing. The food is better, the beer is cheaper, and the TVs are better too !!!

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Where would you watch them at the GMC?? Surely not on the big screen ?? it is absolutely useless. Go to Buffalo Wild Wing. The food is better, the beer is cheaper, and the TVs are better too !!!

Sault Ste Marie had Essar Centre opened in Conference Finals in Erie Series we don,t have are arena open even in Memorial Cup

darmitage

May 13, 2012

Oh ya I forgot about that crappy screen we have are they going to replace that screen do you know? they don,t mind charging 40.00 for tickets in the finals!!!!!!it will be interesting to see if City of Oshawa give Oshawa Generals a parade if they win the Memorial Cup

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
We watched a game at the Aud in 2003 when the Rangers were in the Mem Cup. They had it on the old screen. We wished we stayed home and watched it on the tube. It was like one of those sasquatch videos. All blurry. Really hope Oshawa does well. Great team build for these types of tourneys. Love big rugged teams.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
We watched a game at the Aud in 2003 when the Rangers were in the Mem Cup. They had it on the old screen. We wished we stayed home and watched it on the tube. It was like one of those sasquatch videos. All blurry. Really hope Oshawa does well. Great team build for these types of tourneys. Love big rugged teams.

maybe I will go up to Buffalo Wings Oshawa Generals headquarters like one of the posters mentioned I forgot our screen is in bad shape I guess that wouldn,t work out too good I'm getting sick of hearing and reading that Kelowna are favorites I remember Erie were favorites too Oshawa can really dominate when they turn it up just hope the Refs are fair!!!!!!!!!!!

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
maybe I will go up to Buffalo Wings Oshawa Generals headquarters like one of the posters mentioned I forgot our screen is in bad shape I guess that wouldn,t work out too good I'm getting sick of hearing and reading that Kelowna are favorites I remember Erie were favorites too Oshawa can really dominate when they turn it up just hope the Refs are fair!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of refs, anyone know the referee assignments? Are they all from the Q?

I remember at the 97 Mem Cup the referee was totally one sided in favour of the Q teams....more specifically the host team. Claude Julien owned them!

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Good luck Gens.....16 down, 4 more to go. Get her done boyz!

its real hard to win a Memorial Cup that's why I always believe a OHL Title is most important because Memorial Cup format and Refs etc stinks and the best team doesn,t always win Oshawa has only won 1 Memorial Cup in my life time 1990 even Bobby Orr teams didn,t, regardless of the outcome Oshawa Generals are winners all the best Gens bring home the Cup!

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Just curious....I know this is Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. Thus the poppies on the sportsnet crew BUT I don't ever remember the U.S. Recognizing our vets in November.

Or am I missing something?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Poppies

These have nothing to do with the USA. The Cup was established approx. 1918 as a memorial to our Canadian soldiers in WW1, particularly those who lost their lives. Did you notice the Remparts' uniforms tonight? The military theme was introduced a number of years ago in the Memorial Cup tournament for the home team's first game. I believe they are auctioned, with proceeds to veterans. At about the same time coaches, officials and media started wearing the poppies and they might have them on for the entire event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad