Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm hoping Shwa puts on a good show this week, n Mermis/McC help drive the bus.

Enjoy Shwa fans, they earned it!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
It's a funny game, eh? Hunter Smith could have been a goat sitting in the penalty box when Rimouski scored the tying goal. Then he goes right back out there and scores the game-winning goal. Good stuff.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
appleby save?

I lost electricity for the whole game :( came back on literally after the last whistle. I did listen to the game.

Did Applebay make a great save at the end ? or solid save? or ?

I doubt there is any video?

Thanks

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I lost electricity for the whole game :( came back on literally after the last whistle. I did listen to the game.

Did Applebay make a great save at the end ? or solid save? or ?

I doubt there is any video?

Thanks

Very good save, mostly due to his large frame. Rimouski had a player (Loiseau) streaking in the zone with about 10 seconds left, I think. They were able to get the pass over to him and he basically came in 1 on 1 with Appleby. Shot went up high and off of his shoulder and out towards the corner.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/generals-rise-in-third-to-defeat-nerves-oceanic/

^ 37 secs in shows the save

darmitage

May 13, 2012
does anyone know why the games are at 4:30 such a foolish time? at least the rest of the tournament is at 7:30 in the evening!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Maybe someone figured more people will watch if it's not on the same time as an NHL playoff game.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Maybe someone figured more people will watch if it's not on the same time as an NHL playoff game.

what about rest of the tournament 7:30 starts after today just wondering if there is a reason I think today will be a tough game especially facing Fucale best goalie in Canada hope Oshawa can play full 60 minutes being more consistent we sure were lucky at the end of the game yesterday but the Gens are getting the wins that's all that matters

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Maybe they figure there is a difference between weekdays and weekends, you know, some people may have to work.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I must say really impressed with the gennies play. They look really well prepared and playing exellent. Our goalie lets some pretty soft goals in but somehow,they win.

And domination against the remparts IMO. Especially OT. All over them.

Auto berth to the semis!!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I must say really impressed with the gennies play. They look really well prepared and playing exellent. Our goalie lets some pretty soft goals in but somehow,they win.

I don't know the math but if Kelowna loses Monday Generals get an automatic birth to the cup final

darmitage

May 13, 2012

I'm really proud of the Gens to night they played 60 minutes of good hockey to night but this Quebec team is sure a fast skating team if we win Tuesday night against Kelowna we will be laughing to the Final but I'm thinking either Rimouski or Quebec in the Final game

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Gennies played a great game. Big win in OT. It was only a matter of time before they scored one. The Mem Cup is one of the toughest trophies to win. Even out playing the other team you one fluky shot could kill you. Cassels plays with heart and still battles in pain. What a player.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
After their final round-robin game on Tuesday the worst case scenario for the Gens is they won't play again until Friday. Their best case scenario is they will have 4 days off to get ready for the Finals.

gens90

Mar 16, 2015
Markham
I don't know the math but if Kelowna loses Monday Generals get an automatic birth to the cup final

Luckily there is no 1 point for OTLs or else that wouldn't be the case! Fantastic game from the Gens and Desrocher's draft stock has been rising considerably since the East Final against NB, and he showed why again today!

Hope the Gennies make the finals, if so I am heading to Quebec just for that game! :yo:

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Luckily there is no 1 point for OTLs or else that wouldn't be the case! Fantastic game from the Gens and Desrocher's draft stock has been rising considerably since the East Final against NB, and he showed why again today!

Hope the Gennies make the finals, if so I am heading to Quebec just for that game! :yo:

Quick question: I know they have been doing this format for awhile but does anyone know why they don't have ties anymore??

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
Quick question: I know they have been doing this format for awhile but does anyone know why they don't have ties anymore??

There are no ties. Every game needs a winner. Lets go Gennies....18 pucks done, 2 more to go (maybe just one).

Get it done boyz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad