Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Because it is now a 4 team round robin play with the host team buying their way into the tournament. The CHL went this route from the 3 team champions not knowing who would host well in advance to this format. This was done to ensure a solid fan base at the tourny, because the way bidding is done it blocks any small market OHL team from hosting. As posted before there has to be a winner for each game, no ties.
It has been four teams for over 20 years already.

gens90

Mar 16, 2015
Markham
Wow what a game!! Gens were a little careless at the end which resulted in that 5 on 3, but they pulled out the win!! 3-0 and off to the finals! Cassels and Lindberg had huge goals, and Appelby came up huge when needed! Let's bring the Memorial Cup back to Oshawa!! I'll be in Quebec to cheer on the boys next weekend!! GO GENS GO!! :handclap::yo:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
If Rimouski wins tomorrow there will be a 3 way tie for second place. How do they decide the two teams that would play the tie-breaker game?

EZ

May 10, 2015
See you guys on Sunday!!! What an amazing season. Let's bring the energy we had at the last home game. I can't wait!

darmitage

May 13, 2012
So you didn't watch the game last night?

I am a Gens fan and I love it. Having been in the building Sunday with a packed house cheering against my team, I wouldn't change a thing. It was amazing, and the players overcame.

You think the players want to play in a dead stadium in front of friends and family? Or a raucous crowd cheering for the home team?

so did Appleby play good enough for you? if he isn,t a game stealer especially after to night whats a game stealer haha! only for Appleby Oshawa would be history long ago that's the facts trade or no trade he is MVP for sure

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Interesting idea. I have no idea how the talent compares, and I still think you NEED to have the hosts take part, but I wouldn't be opposed to this.

I would imagine though that the CHL has little to no interest in including the USHL and giving them any kind of free press.

This issue of small market teams being left out of the "free pass" in the Memorial Cup is resolved by having a designated host city and a different host team.
Examples:
Owen Sound host team Kitchener being the host city.
Sarnia host team London host city
Petes host team Oshawa host city

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
This issue of small market teams being left out of the "free pass" in the Memorial Cup is resolved by having a designated host city and a different host team.
Examples:

I dont know about other teams, but the Petes don't have a large crowd as is, and I can guarantee no one from Oshawa would go to the GM Centre to see the Petes play for the cup

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Examples:

I think Peterborough and Owen Sound could host on their (Peterborough specifically when/if they get a new arena). Sarnia though, even if they had a state of the art rink it is hard to imagine them getting it, so Sarnia hosting in London wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
Examples:

Doubt Oshawa will be hosting the Memorial Cup any time soon, not when we missed out in 2008 with a new arena, a competitive team AND John Tavares.

When the tournament comes to Ontario it belongs to London, Kitchener, Ottawa, Guelph, Toronto and Hamilton now that they have a team again. Doubt any other cities get it for a long time.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
After playing 3 games in the past 4 days the Gens will get the next 4 days off.

Including their regular season, OHL playoffs and Memorial Cup they have played 92 games and won 70.

In a cruel world they will be judged on what they do in game 93 and not their previous record. As they say, it is what it is. Go Gens!

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Doubt Oshawa will be hosting the Memorial Cup any time soon, not when we missed out in 2008 with a new arena, a competitive team AND John Tavares.

When the tournament comes to Ontario it belongs to London, Kitchener, Ottawa, Guelph, Toronto and Hamilton now that they have a team again. Doubt any other cities get it for a long time.

I think Windsor will get a cup in the next couple of cycles. Not sure why you include Guelph in the list and not Oshawa. I think Oshawa has the better facility.

I like Ward's idea of having host teams in diffetent host cities. Every team in the league needs to have an equal opportunity to host a cup to keep the league competitive.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
You post very similar to a poster on the Storm boards...I think he's from the GTA also...thought maybe you two were one and the same.

Sounds like you're not. No worries!

no because I'm not a Storm fan except I like Bill Stewart he was one of our best coaches all time but no he is not better than DJ

darmitage

May 13, 2012
I don,t mean to think about next season but what kind of shape will we be in as far as returning players? reading today about contenders for next year like Petes is a good pick for the East

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
darmitage: In an earlier post you mentioned the Gens will be losing 12 players. That sounds like half the team to me.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I think Windsor will get a cup in the next couple of cycles. Not sure why you include Guelph in the list and not Oshawa. I think Oshawa has the better facility.

I like Ward's idea of having host teams in diffetent host cities. Every team in the league needs to have an equal opportunity to host a cup to keep the league competitive.

Oshawa wont even be considered until their scoreboard is actually viewable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad