Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
People trying to read his reaction, say he won' report, etc...

Don't hurt your shoulders grasping for those straws.

You don't need a straw to read that face. Come on.

Right before then he was super composed, as he's usually been in interviews. Watch a few. Then watch him finding out he's going to the Oilers.

Night and day. Kid's depressed as ****. He'll get over it, sure, but that's not a happy camper. Would have loved to be in the room with the three of them alone. Guarantee they all discussed the possibility of being drafted by Edmonton.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If Edmonton accomplishes anything now, it'll have to be with an asterisk next to it stating that the only reason for them accomplishing anything was 4 1st overalls.

I know all my Chicago friends never celebrated their Cup wins because of the asterisk they received from sucking for a decade and drafting Seabrook, Toews, Kane, Keith, etc..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
So you and Sid are donezo?

Nope, but I have always been an Oiler fan before I was a Crosby fan.

I want them to both to do well. I am a Hockey Canada fan first and foremost. When they play together in the next Olympics, expect my brain to explode.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Are you serious wtf. This is like their 4th 1st overall pick in 6 years.

This is EXACTLY why the NHL needed a tank protection clause along the lines of not eligible to move up to 1st overall IF you had drafted 1st in any of the previous 3,4,5 years.

So wrong he goes to the Oil.

No one in the NHL will be happy except oil fans.

54toscore

Oct 12, 2006
Mcdavid looked like he just received a death sentence. .... Ummm maybe he did.

This result is BAD!

More like he was sentenced to five years in prison in a Soviet gulag...which I guess is kinda fitting considering Edmonton's weather.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Best part is this guarantee's that the Oilers will keep Lowe and Mac-T for the next two years.

Mac-T says next year is a development year, Katz will now show infinite patience.

Keep buying tickets Oiler fans and encourage them to keep Lowe and Mac-T

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I am just happy Buffalo did not win

Sabres fans can correct me on this--but nearly every move they made in the last 20 months was all about trying to draft Mcdavid--I have a problem with that. They were open about their plans atleast--I will give them that.

The NHL wanted to change the draft this time around--but the Sabres fault tooth and nail to have the changes take place next year

Correcting.
Did everything for McEICHEL

Moops

Jan 22, 2015
Coyote fans must be gutted. They were one step away from clinching one of the Big Two.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Rewarded for making positive changes down the stretch that resulted in a minor climb up the standings.

At least Eakins will be remembered for something other than being ****ing awful.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Sabres fans can correct me on this--but nearly every move they made in the last 20 months was all about trying to draft Mcdavid--I have a problem with that. They were open about their plans atleast--I will give them that.

I think they wanted to finish last so they would get one of the top 2 picks. it's Arizona who gets screwed, not Buffalo

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
This will be the one and only time i will encourage a lindros, why would NHL let mcdavid to Edmonton

One time they should have rigged the lottery

As someone from Winnipeg, thats a brutal thing to say. You guys never even had a team for how long? Edmonton fans have been suffering for a long freaking time to, we don't like being where we are any more than anyone else, but everyone would rather see Edmonton just get screwed out of something they won?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Do Edmonton fans really think it's fair they get it 4x in like 6 years?

Of course not. If it were up to me one top pick would have been it and then we could have taken off. But the management is so pathetic that it doesn't even know how to surround the top talent with the players you need to be successful. They pretty much threw the top picks to the wolves and forced them to fend for themselves. That's not how you build a team.

We've dealt with so much BS for the last 9 years and quite honestly, mediocrity since the last cup in 1990. I'm not saying we needed this, but people on the outside looking in have no idea what it's like to be at the very bottom for 9 years straight. It's frustrating as hell as a fan to see everyone cheering for their team come playoff time while our management preach the same garbage every year for the upcoming season.

Again, this top pick means nothing if management don't bring in the players you need to build a team. If they don't this team will be at the bottom for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad