Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Don't worry. It's a developmental year. The real prize is who ever the **** is hot next year.

God ****ing dammit my weekend has legitimately been ruined

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
1st, 1st, 1st, 7th, 3rd, 1st: Edmonton's last 6 drafts' top picks.

And they still suck brutally. There is something inherently wrong in continously rewarding awful performance. Why even bother trying to win when the league will build you a team as a consolation prize anyway? The system is just wrong, it needs changing somehow. At least I hope that Edmonton will do something useful with McDavid and not waste him. I have my doubts.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
All the things currently said about McDavid right now were said about Andrew Wiggins. Until LeBron "came home" and promptly traded him away.

We'll see if he indeed tries to force his way out ala Lindros and John Elway. Or if Edmonton winds up trading away that pick for a much bigger package.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
If I were a member of the NHL Board of Governors I'd introduce a rule on how many times a team can win draft lottery in a given time period. (Hint)

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
You pull out your golden files from a file with suspense music playing in the backgrounds, does anyone even believe this ******** it legit? Nice reality-tv.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well, can't say there is much credibility left for the NHL. Hopefully Edmonton can manage to not destroy the career of 1 of their #1 overall picks. The other ones have to be a bit dead inside by now.

I imagine McDavid just threw up a little in his mouth right about now.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
CC6g4M1UIAAGaZ4.jpg

His reaction, so funny
".....fml."

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am just happy Buffalo did not win

Sabres fans can correct me on this--but nearly every move they made in the last 20 months was all about trying to draft Mcdavid--I have a problem with that. They were open about their plans atleast--I will give them that.

The NHL wanted to change the draft this time around--but the Sabres fault tooth and nail to have the changes take place next year

RattsSSV

Слава Україні!
May 4, 2006
If Edmonton accomplishes anything now, it'll have to be with an asterisk next to it stating that the only reason for them accomplishing anything was 4 1st overalls.

Oh well. As long as the team accomplishes something (and hopefully without the Old Boys Club). :)

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
A dark cloud stands before us friends!

The time for oil to strike their powers on the next player!

May he lose all his skill and become a "b" rated player!!!!!!!!

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
People trying to read his reaction, say he won' report, etc...

Don't hurt your shoulders grasping for those straws.

I know life must be hard when such an inability to read facial expressions, but please don't take your anger out on this board.

If you don't think he looks sad there, I feel bad for you.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Ok guys. As an Oiler fan I 100% get why people are pissed. I really do. But really ? "Rigged" ? Come on.

Also. Ill give people Yakupov as a warning sign. But last I checked Hall and RNH are doing pretty good. And McDavid is better at this point in his career then they were. So let's not start acting like the world is over.

Again. All that being said. I know guys. I know.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dont take it the wrong way Oiler fan, but this is hilarious!

Its almost as if this draft couldn't possibly go any other way.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I find it hard to believe that almost every single spot was the same. I did the sim like everyone else and I don't think anyone got the exact same 13 spots. I mean, geez.
So do I, and I'm a statistician. I'll admit I haven't researched their exact methodology. However, assuming the pre randomized probabilities were actually used, it's almost impossible for the last 10 or so teams to retain their draft position. How the f did they randomize this?

I/we must be missing something, else it looks rigged.

And :laugh: at EDM getting yet another #1 :rolly:

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
What a joke! The NHL should step in and politely "insist" there be a regime change in Edmonton. They are bad for the NHL and hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad