Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
This is EXACTLY why the NHL needed a tank protection clause along the lines of not eligible to move up to 1st overall IF you had drafted 1st in any of the previous 3,4,5 years.

So wrong he goes to the Oil.

No one in the NHL will be happy except oil fans.

But the biggest tankers didnt even win lol

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
You guys realise everybody will hate the Oilers now right ? Anything they ever win will be tainted. But at least they didn't intentionally tank like Buffalo.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Great day for my fellow Oilers fans around the world. this guy will save our franchise. totally understand the hate but whatever.

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
My wife was sitting in the room while I was watching the NHL draft lottery just now, and couldn't figure out why the kid they had on the screen looked so pissed.
I explained who he was, and a bit about the Oilers.

After learning of this, she said, "That was fun. Let's do it again and crush some other young kid's dream."

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Oilers are a dumpster fire. And will continue to be a dumpster fire until they clean house. From top to bottom and bring in people who know how to win.

Poor McDavid

Divine Wind

uSb4hgR.gif

Like every other fan and Oiler fans have pointed out. The sad part in all this is that those meat heads keep their jobs and will go on about "their plan" coming to life, when it was simply sheer incompetence and dumb luck.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
You don't need a straw to read that face. Come on.

Right before then he was super composed, as he's usually been in interviews. Watch a few. Then watch him finding out he's going to the Oilers.

Night and day. Kid's depressed as ****. He'll get over it, sure, but that's not a happy camper. Would have loved to be in the room with the three of them alone. Guarantee they all discussed the possibility of being drafted by Edmonton.

You are kidding yourself.

While I can see a kid his age wanting to get into a warm climate with the girls and beaches...he will be nothing short of a God in Edmonton the way Gretzky was...maybe more so if he does what I think he will.

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
I said I'd be happy if none of Boston, LA or Toronto won and if there's one thing the devil likes it's ironic punishment.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Congrats to the Oilers and their fans. No petty jealousy or sour grapes here. You have nothing to defend.

That said, even better than "winning" draft lotteries is winning hockey games. A lot better.

Hopefully, McDavid will help you toward that objective.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
If it was rigged the Coyotes would have won. We all know how bad Bettman wants to keep them in the desert.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Probably the least favorable outcome for the NHL. Hopefully the conspiracy theories can die now.

Billy Mays Here*

I'm not even mad. Edmonton is such a failure of an organization even a talent like McDavid won't change anything. Would laugh my ass off if he refused to go there, and I certainly wouldn't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad