Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
People trying to read his reaction, say he won' report, etc...

Don't hurt your shoulders grasping for those straws.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
This is actually so sad, but so funny. Now Edmonton literally has zero excuse to suck.

Retail1LO*

McDavid couldn't even hide his disgust, I wonder if he forces a trade... he was eyes to the sky as he told Strombo how great an organization Edmonton is..

It'll be interesting. There was word that Buffalo would try to land the #1 pick in the event they lost. Would be interesting to see what the Oilers could land. You'd get Jack Eichel and what else from the Sabres?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If Edmonton accomplishes anything now, it'll have to be with an asterisk next to it stating that the only reason for them accomplishing anything was 4 1st overalls.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I'm not upset that the Leafs didn't win it but no way Edmonton ***** deserves him. What a bush league. Out of the bottom 5 teams, I would of been satisfied with Arizona and Carolina.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
201501_1021_bfdii_sm.png

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
This thread may set an all time record for hate.

Bring it. Just make sure McJesus is with you when you show up lol.

Terrible management, sure. But that is not the fans' fault. Ol fans needed this more than anyone in Arizona or even Buffalo.

Not more than Toronto. You had cups in the 80s, we had Ballard. You had a cup final run, we had a race to 9th. You've had multiple 1st overall selections and can't ****in improve, it's time for other organizations to get a chance

**** u

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
So the next question is...does McDavid pull an Eric Lindros. lol

I hope he does...before the draft, letting them know that he will not sign with Edmonton. If Edmonton still picks him #1 overall...then they have a major PR problem on their hands. Edmonton ruins #1 overall picks. They need defense.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I can't believe it's Edmonton again. What a joke. Congrats to the oilers fans. Enjoy McJesus. So jealous :laugh:

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
absolute garbage.

What is the point of the draft lottery if it rewards the same teams over and over again with the 1st overall pick? Yes I am absolutely pissed about this. The Oilers have won 5 cups in the modern era and already had the greatest player ever play for them. They dont deserve this.

The system is not supposed to work this way. The draft is supposed to even out things and spread the talent around but that absolutely does not happen. When was the last time Toronto or Vancouver won the cup or drafted 1st overall? Try never but Pittsburgh and Edmonton get to win multiple cups and because of the stupid lottery system get to draft the best players in the game twice in different eras. It's enough to turn me off the NHL.

finnbalor*

Pretty puke worthy that this bunch of losers get handed another 1st overall.

Sobering, really disinterested in the NHL overall product as a whole at the moment.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Not sure what everyone is so upset about. Poor kid has his life destroyed. Not only will he get mismanaged by the dumb management and coaching staff, he'll also get pushed around by the big bad ass centers in the Pacific. Getzlaf, Kesler, Thornton, Kopitar and Carter is just a small example of guys who'll push him around while the coaches have no better advise than "work your magic" ;)

Happy for the Edmonton fans though, now let us all hope there is an upward trend. Meaning their owner and management disappears lol Same with Schultz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad