Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So you're saying our guys aren't as good as McDavid and Draisaltl even though they've been paid a similar amount?(More in Draisaltl's case)

Are you saying Matthews and Marner are overpaid?

I am saying that our guys are not as good as McDavid.

Draisaitl was brought into this for some reason, I'm not sure why.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
When that guy kept post "never say never to a Paul Maurice coaching team" I didn't think this was what he meant.

When was the last time a 3-0 cup final went to 7?

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Hyman can only play that way. He is an AHL player if he relied on skill. Marner is a skill player.
This right here is what's wrong with the Leafs, in one post.

Thinking that because you're skilled you don't need to compete, play physical, and go through a wall for your team.

You can't blindly defend Mitch while ignoring the fact that his game has never translated in the playoffs. He needs to start showing some balls and not just talk about how he's a grown man.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
So you're saying our guys aren't as good as McDavid and Draisaltl even though they've been paid a similar amount?(More in Draisaltl's case)

Are you saying Matthews and Marner are overpaid?
McDavid and Draisaitl aren't equals. And neither are Matthews and Marner.
Marner is super overpaid. He should have got about $8 last time, absolute max of $9. Somehow he convinced Dubas and the Leafs that he was the equal of franchise centers. He's also ridiculously soft. McDavid has no equals. Like nobody. If he's the standard, nobody meets it.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I don't think anyone is propping him up as something he isn't.

What he is, is 3rd in reg season goals, 1st in playoff goals, 4th in playoff points all for $5.5M.

And all it took was McDavid feeding him the puck and putting up insane numbers to do it.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This right here is what's wrong with the Leafs, in one post.

Thinking that because you're skilled you don't need to compete, play physical, and go through a wall for your team.

You can't blindly defend Mitch while ignoring the fact that his game has never translated in the playoffs. He needs to start showing some balls and not just talk about how he's a grown man.

This is what is wrong with our fanbase...

You took my post and changed it to fit an argument you wanted.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
As opposed to his old team mates that used to throw the puck into the corner and yell "fetch" at him whenever they felt a little pressure.

He had a ton of chances in Toronto, he couldn't finish for whatever reason, but the chances he is getting now are a lot of deflection/open net looks.

McDavid opens the ice more than anyone else in the league, not sure if you've seen him play before, but he draws players in really well and it leaves people open.

He's an AHLer though carried by McDavid 😂

I said he would be an AHLer if he relied on his skill only.

Not sure if you can't comprehend or choose not to, but his skill set is limited, it is his battle that has propelled him to the next level from when he was younger until now.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
He had a ton of chances in Toronto, he couldn't finish for whatever reason, but the chances he is getting now are a lot of deflection/open net looks.

McDavid opens the ice more than anyone else in the league, not sure if you've seen him play before, but he draws players in really well and it leaves people open.

I said he would be an AHLer if he relied on his skill only.

Not sure if you can't comprehend or choose not to, but his skill set is limited, it is his battle that has propelled him to the next level from when he was younger until now.
I can read just fine. I just find it incredibly amusing how you're willing to twist yourself into a pretzel to discredit Hymans success in every way possible. For someone with a username "notbias", you seem to have a very strong bias on the subject. It must be a troll handle.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I can read just fine. I just find it incredibly amusing how you're willing to twist yourself into a pretzel to discredit Hymans success in every way possible. For someone with a username "notbias", you seem to have a very strong bias on the subject. It must be a troll handle.

Your reading comprehension seems to be suspect.

Hyman's skill level is low, but he makes up for it in other ways, I am not sure this is a knock on him, but if you want to take it as one, alright.

Pretending McDavid is not boosting Hyman's numbers by a fair bit is delusion, not sure I am doing anything other than trying to bring a few back to reality, yourself included.

Our "fans" enjoy making every player on our team worse and every former player better, the Marner hate is out of control much like the Hyman love.

A lot of our fans are holding onto the "what ifs" and "good ol' days" of their own life, so it makes sense they'd obsess over past players I guess.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Your reading comprehension seems to be suspect.

Hyman's skill level is low, but he makes up for it in other ways, I am not sure this is a knock on him, but if you want to take it as one, alright.

Pretending McDavid is not boosting Hyman's numbers by a fair bit is delusion, not sure I am doing anything other than trying to bring a few back to reality, yourself included.

Our "fans" enjoy making every player on our team worse and every former player better, the Marner hate is out of control much like the Hyman love.

A lot of our fans are holding onto the "what ifs" and "good ol' days" of their own life, so it makes sense they'd obsess over past players I guess.

Someone’s getting mad and making it personal :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad