GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Fine, don't call it arguing, call it discrediting. And now I feel pedantic.

That being said, and I don't know all the stats of every draft eligible myself, but it's clear he was stating that Levshunov had better stats than all NCAA draft eligible defensemen that came before him.

However, this accomplishment was diminished because it just so happened that another draft eligible *also* achieved that feat, albeit on a much better team.

Anyway, I'm team Demidov and I hope that's the way we go, but if it's Levshunov.....Taze Em's logic (if correct) is pretty good consolation.
When did I discredit it? I jsut said the sentence didn't make sense lol Wow.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Gotta appeal to authority at the end of the day. Has the FO given you guys reason to doubt their draft selections so far? Trust them until they f*** up. It’s all we can do as fans who aren’t out there scouting 200 days a year

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Gotta appeal to authority at the end of the day. Has the FO given you guys reason to doubt their draft selections so far? Trust them until they f*** up. It’s all we can do as fans who aren’t out there scouting 200 days a year
Kind of. Korchinski pick was a bit of a reach, and there was arguably better Dmen than him, picked after him (Mintyukov/Mateychuk). Time will tell on that.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Dakota Joshua re-signed....damn the Hawks need somebody like that.....200 hits and nearly 20 goals.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The meltdown here (and especially on social media) is going to be catastrophic tomorrow. I seriously don’t understand how we’ve gotten to the point where Demidov is considered to be a surefire can’t miss 100 point scorer and Levshunov is a guaranteed #4. Mind boggling

You don't understand how we've gotten there... because we haven't gotten there. I haven't seen a single comment even remotely resembling what you said in the bolded. Not one. So yeah, it is mind-boggling how you can say that we've "gotten to that point".

Reactions: Sarava

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
You don't understand how we've gotten there... because we haven't gotten there. I haven't seen a single comment even remotely resembling what you said in the bolded. Not one. So yeah, it is mind-boggling how you can say that we've "gotten to that point".
More so talking about social media than HF with that comment. I’ve seen people legitimately calling for Davidsons job before the pick is even made. It’s insane

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There is definitely big question marks about Demidov. His skating is good, not great, he isn't physical, he isn't a two way player yet, and it's really tough to gauge him because of the lack of competition he faced.

Levshunov seems like the safe pick, a player you can't really go wrong with, but im just not sure the upside is there like it is with Demidov. If Levshunov is a Dobson, or Seth Jones, its fine. If he's an Ekblad it's a bad pick.

It's all a guessing game for pretty much everyone at this point, so taking the big Dman with good potential is probably hard to pass up.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The meltdown here (and especially on social media) is going to be catastrophic tomorrow. I seriously don’t understand how we’ve gotten to the point where Demidov is considered to be a surefire can’t miss 100 point scorer and Levshunov is a guaranteed #4. Mind boggling
I just think the prospect of seeing two insane young forwards as the new Kane - Toews combo is too tempting

That said, if you leave Demidov to CBJ, we won’t complain

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
CHGO is partly responsible for the Levshunov and Demidov misinformation. Man are they a bore to get through.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
More so talking about social media than HF with that comment. I’ve seen people legitimately calling for Davidsons job before the pick is even made. It’s insane
Well yeah... twitter is a cesspool of stupid. Kind of like the main boards. Best to not pay attention to anything in either place.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8792.gif

I just think the prospect of seeing two insane young forwards as the new Kane - Toews combo is too tempting

That’s what admittedly a lot of us are at here.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

Problem is I don’t think it’s fair to put Demidov in that tier. Everyone beyond Celebrini has some sort of concern. If no one else did there wouldn’t be any huge debate about who to take.

And that’s not to say you guys shouldn’t be happy in Columbus if you do take him at 4. He’s a great prospect and certainly worthy of that pick in this class. It’s just the idea that not taking him at 2 is some form of malpractice that dumbfounds me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad