Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
You know something is seriously wrong with any team that makes Quinn Hughes look like the second coming of Bobby Orr.

And McDavid now needs to average 2 points a game the rest of the way in order to match last seasons totals.

Ah, Quinn Hughes has been dominating every team he’s played against, not just the Oilers. It’s good to know that Oilers fans still can’t acknowledge or know the difference between good and bad defensive talent when they see it.

Reactions: Fatass

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The deeper the hole, the more teams they need to rely on collapsing in addition to going on significant runs to catch up. Your team can go on a 10 game win streak and only gain 6pts because the teams above also went on lengthy win streaks.

Reactions: zar and nally

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Incompetent organization and it all starts from the top, all the way from ownership. Groundhog day year in year out. They're not winning anything with Holland steering the wheel. That bozo is wasting the prime years of McDavid and Draisaitl by not being able to build a team around them. Shut those guys out and that's that because their depth scoring blows, their defense sucks and their goalies ain't good. Ask yourself, does that team look like one that could compete with any team in the league and beat them in a seven game series? I don't understand what type of team he is trying to build but it sure as shit doesn't strike me as a cup winning group.

That guy got gifted the best player in the league and another one on a team friendly contract mind you and he still f***ed it up. Unreal. It's an embarrassment to the league itself, a tragedy for the hockey world and a slap in the face of Oilers fans whom I honestly feel bad for.

The clock is ticking.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Huh? Salt how? I don't care for either of these two teams lol I'm just making an observation. Hughes just score 8 points in 3 games against the Oilers, that's not a pace he's going to sustain against any other team, well other than the AHL Sharks ofc.

Ah, Quinn Hughes has been dominating every team he’s played against, not just the Oilers. It’s good to know that Oilers fans still can’t acknowledge or know the difference between good and bad defensive talent when they see it.
Hellllll no I anit no Oilers fan 😒

But for the record, 13 of Hughes 20 points have come against the worst two defensive teams in the leauge. He's a great defenseman to be sure but his stats(and the entire Canucks team)are clearly inflated and exaggerated atm.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
When Draisaitl said it was "Cup or bust" I believed him. I just didn't figured they'd choose the "bust" option.

I'm an Oilers fan, but it's looking like the season is lost at this point. Who knows, maybe this will be the impetus this organisation needs to finally realize that you don't win championships without a team that can play defence.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Has for the question, not many team are playoff lock in todays league (where the Kraken can go from 60 to 100 pts in a year), with that bad of start almost none would not be at risk.

They had a 3-7-0 stretch last year, at the start of a season it amplifies versus middle of season cold streak, so they can obviously turn it around.

One big issue here, stars could start to age soon.

They seem extremely serious conditioning and on the thought side, injury are overall better than average star start and science around athlete body if we are to look at Ronaldo-Messi-James-Brady probably got better from steam cell juice to cryogenic chambers.

But 27-28, for people that play good minutes since 20.

That Yzerman in 92-93 his last big season, past Crosby 2013-2014 last Ross, when Gretzky became a Kings, maybe they will be more Sakic/Jagr and keep it up for a couple of seasons, but Sakic missed a lot of games from 26 to 30 and was not able to be elite every year a full season and playoff combined past 26.

Not saying they have, but they both could have peaked, it would be more than normal, exceptional otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: HitterD

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I must be the only Leaf fan that doesn't want the Leafs to sign McDavid. The guy acted like a bitch last night. He gives off the vibe that he shouldn't be touched because of who he is. Seeing him behave like that against Vancouver last night was embarrassing. Last thing the Leafs need is another prima donna that thinks the rest of the NHL should bow and scrape to their supposed 'greatness'. Canucks were humbled last year and have a hard nosed coach that has rallied his players to the cause. I am afraid the Canucks could do some real damage this year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Has for the question, not many team are playoff lock in todays league (where the Kraken can go from 60 to 100 pts in a year), with that bad of start almost none would not be at risk.

They had a 3-7-0 stretch last year, at the start of a season it amplifies versus middle of season cold streak, so they can obviously turn it around
They have to turn it around soon. They will have played 22 games by the end of November. 11 games before then. 0-3 so far in November. Really want to hit 20 points by the end of November at a minimum. Right now, the WC2 pace isn't terrible at like 91. But, it was 95 and 97 the past 2 seasons.

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
I must be the only Leaf fan that doesn't want the Leafs to sign McDavid. The guy acted like a bitch last night. He gives off the vibe that he shouldn't be touched because of who he is. Seeing him behave like that against Vancouver last night was embarrassing. Last thing the Leafs need is another prima donna that thinks the rest of the NHL should bow and scrape to their supposed 'greatness'. Canucks were humbled last year and have a hard nosed coach that has rallied his players to the cause. I am afraid the Canucks could do some real damage this year.
What we're seeing is the humbling of the Edmonton Oilers fanbase.

They were all over this place in the summer time and trash talking two cup winners in the Avs and Knights. Fast forward to now and they've all locked themselves in their echo chamber and are no where to be found.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
14 points is a lot to catch up in any point of the season. One team has to go on a serious hot streak and the other one has to go on a slide for a good length of time in order for one to catch up to the other.
With the Oilers being 2nd last in the Conference they pretty much need to go on a hot streak for the rest o the season and have each of the 7 teams above them go on at least one cold streak to have a shot.

Reactions: zar

LaCarriere

What we're seeing is the humbling of the Edmonton Oilers fanbase.

They were all over this place in the summer time and trash talking two cup winners in the Avs and Knights. Fast forward to now and they've all locked themselves in their echo chamber and are no where to be found.
I'm not sure what the oilers fans could even say about the avalanche. They completely shut them down and embarrassed them in that series.

They avs may have taken a partial step backwards from their cup winning team, but they are still one of the top contenders. Losing 2 years of landeskog isn't great though, they've done a pretty good job at dealing with the rest of the turnover from that year.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
The Sharks-Oilers is the game of the year so far, must see TV.
Do the Sharks get a win? Do they lose by 10? Is it really possible the Oilers lose this game? Does McDvid have another Man Tanty, if so how many?

So many questions, it could be amazing.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
received_877503767221798.gif

LaCarriere

At the end of last season I took it for granted that they would address their porous goaltending.
Why didn't they?
Realizing its an issue and having the the ability to put a trade together are two very different things.

I don't think anyone would have been buying high on Campbell to start the season with the term and money remaining, unless endmonton was sending some high picks along with him. On top of that he has a 10 team no trade list. Most GMs/coaches are going to go into the season and see what they have before making a trade for that big of a contract.

And now there's literally no value in campbells contract right now, that's why he will clear waivers and be sent down to the AHL. The only hope is for him to get some confidence back and not be one of the worst starting goalies in the NHL.

Biggest problem is it just seems like goalies are able to put together a decent year or two, and some GM will be desperate enough to throw 4.5-M5.5Mx5, etc at them. Look at keuemper, won a cup, regressed the following year in Washington, and will be 36 when that 5x5.25m contract is done.

Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad