Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Did you watch this on mute?
Of course. It's cringe AF, but doesn't change the fact that this was with Stanley Cup aspirations because it came out when they just beat LA.

Dude who posted it was like "HUR DUR THEY GOING FOR A CUP?! :dunce:" like the video came out 2 weeks ago.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Of course. It's cringe AF, but doesn't change the fact that this was with Stanley Cup aspirations because it came out when they just beat LA.

Dude who posted it was like "HUR DUR THEY GOING FOR A CUP?! :dunce:" like the video came out 2 weeks ago.

Wasn’t TSN pushing this bandwagon at one point?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I am sorry, what? Say what you will about Hyman as a player but he is a saint. He writes children’s books for christ’s sake. How is he a douche?
Yeah, taking a shot at Hyman's character seems odd. Criticize his limitations as a player if you want, but lack of character/being a douchebag is not something you can accuse him of.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Both but was talking about this season.
Hell ya they were. And they are stupid to think that.
It's basically the same team except Gagner replaces Yamamoto.

I was expecting a rd 1 or rd 2 bow out again, but these mental midgets can't even get to the playoffs this year. Can't say I wasn't surprised lol But f*** it, blow it up.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Haven't read the whole 44 page thread, but can someone tell how so many are blaming goaltending?

Against Vancouver, second goal against bad, as was the second goal for, so that's a wash. The rest is on goaltending? 0 points for 97 isn't great either. Is 14 a top D right now, for whatever reason? I honestly don't see switching goalies between the Oilers and the Canucks change the outcome of the game; not exact score but which who gets the 2 points.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Haven't read the whole 44 page thread, but can someone tell how so many are blaming goaltending?

Against Vancouver, second goal against bad, as was the second goal for, so that's a wash. The rest is on goaltending? 0 points for 97 isn't great either. Is 14 a top D right now, for whatever reason? I honestly don't see switching goalies between the Oilers and the Canucks change the outcome of the game; not exact score but which who gets the 2 points.
The scoring will improve before the goaltending will.

Also, poor goaltending does impact a team's mentality.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yeah hyman doesnt count.. i mean he was the only guy that actually flipped last night

Dubas mistake number... dont remember

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
  • Haha
Reactions: Ratbath

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah hyman doesnt count.. i mean he was the only guy that actually flipped last night

Dubas mistake number... dont remember

Oilers fans already saw how invisible Hyman can get when he gets one of his yearly knee injuries. That contract is a ticking time bomb with the way he plays.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Imagine having 2 wins in 11 games and being outclassed and out skilled by the Canucks in 3 of those 11 games

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

Last night if the Oilers outshot the Canucks 20-8 in the first period with the goalies reversed the Oilers would likely have been winning 4-1 after the first period. No one remembers how poorly the Canucks played during stretches of the last 2 games against the Oilers because Demko and DeSmith made big saves giving the Canucks an opportunity to get back into both games, people only remember bad defensive plays the Oilers made because they resulted in goals. The Oilers certainly have struggled in other areas and need to be better defensively but their goaltending is not giving them any opportunity to win games at all so far this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: wonton15

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Last night if the Oilers outshot the Canucks 20-8 in the first period with the goalies reversed the Oilers would likely have been winning 4-1 after the first period. No one remembers how poorly the Canucks played during stretches of the last 2 games against the Oilers because Demko and DeSmith made big saves giving the Canucks an opportunity to get back into both games, people only remember bad defensive plays the Oilers made because they resulted in goals. The Oilers certainly have struggled in other areas and need to be better defensively as well but their goaltending is not giving them any opportunity to win games at all so far this season.
´Getting on sticks, taking out your man in front of the net, and clearing rebounds is what the Canucks are doing to help their goalies. They also hustle back for back-checks.

The Oilers do none of the above.

Goal 1 Hughes: What is Desharnais trying to accomplish there? take your man, or get in that lane
Goal 2 Suter: Awful effort from Holloway. Suter takes an uncontested shot in the slot.
Goal 3 Boeser: Ekholm is away from Boeser. Boeser taps in a loose puck. Ekholm reacts after the fact.
Goal 4 Hoglander: Weak giveaway, brainless pinch by #2, #2 no hustle or interest in taking his man, Draisaitl was there.. not sure what he was trying to accomplish
Goal 5 Miller: Beauty
Goal 6 Boeser: Kinda sums up the night, awful effort by everyone, behind on the play, ceci comes in after the goal and get's his guys stick. Some guy doing some gymnastics infront of Skinner. Get your body infront of the puck instead

Awful effort. If it was the goalies, that's a quicker fix than what reality says.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
859ihz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad