Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I'm probably the biggest Oiler hater on this board and that's just not true.

FYI - as someone who lives in Edmonton and knows people in the Oilers org, he's an incredibly nice person.

Lmao what? Draisaitl and Hyman seem like great guys. Nurse is an overpaid pylon, but I haven't seen anything that makes him a "dbag". Kane's past is rough, but he's been amazing in the community in Edmonton.

On the ice - nurse is sometimes subtle sometimes not but can make wreckless and dirty plays with frequency

I've watched a lot of Oilers games (Edmonton is my hometown. I'm not an Oilers fan, but I watch the games a lot with friends & just to keep up). I've never seen Draisaitl or Nurse dive. Lmao.

Looking at the NHLDives IG account, they don't have a single dive from Draisaitl since they started their page (2019). The worst diver on the list is Marchessault, and the only Oiler in their top 20 list is Hyman (former Oilers Koskinen and Smith are on there too).

Leta change dive to either overreact or embellish - is there an IG account for that

• Haha
Reactions: Umingmak

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Passing on Wallstedt is this team’s management and fanbase in a nutshell.

Incompetence, no patience and committing to multiple half ass attempts to “win now”.

I clearly remember Oilers fan defending the decision to pass over Wallstedt because the forward they drafted was going to help then out sooner than a goalie.

Turned out he’s a scrub and might not be even be an NHLer. At least with Wallstedet you get a chance to get a starting goalie.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Passing on Wallstedt is this team’s management and fanbase in a nutshell.

Incompetence, no patience and committing to multiple half ass attempts to “win now”.

I clearly remember Oilers fan defending the decision to pass over Wallstedt because the forward they drafted was going to help then out sooner than a goalie.

Turned out he’s a scrub and might not be even be an NHLer. At least with Wallstedet you get a chance to get a starting goalie.
On pure value that is correctZ. Unfortunately with the contracts of McDrai nearing their end, wallstedt is kind of going to arrive too late. Realistically, go back to 2017 and taking Yamamoto over Oettinger as the big miss. Or taking Tyler Benson at the top of round 2 in 2016 over Hart. Goalies are going to take 3-5 years to arrive and take the starter role. 3 years is extremely optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Could be 20 years of not really ever having that good of a team in montreal, but looking at this:

Nurse is a bit expensive but at least that going to the player that play the most minutes, Neal+Campbell is upper tier dead weight money carrying around but not actively hurting the team on the ice like some others around the league.

Nothing outrageous bad contract wise it seems, they were a really good team last year and should still be this year once McDavid get going.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Their wingers depth is atrocious
No sniper at all, they really put all their eggs in the Connor Brown basket this off season

exactly what I was thinking looking at those lines. Where is the trigger man?
We have three set up guys at center, but no-one to put the puck in the net

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Sure they are great guys off the ice, but on the ice it’s a different story. This thread is showing who watched the oilers in the playoffs and who didn’t lol.

I don't think this response is doing to your narrative what you think it is lol

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
At what point do we just rename the thread "Oilers Haters Anonymous"?

Don't think theres been a constructive argument in like 40pages. Just a bunch of dudes high-fiving each others poor takes on how they love seeing the Oilers fail, they knew everything was shit from the start, Nurse steals babies at night time, McDavid already has a trade in place to Toronto, etc...

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Don't think theres been a constructive argument in like 40pages. Just a bunch of dudes high-fiving each others poor takes on how they love seeing the Oilers fail, they knew everything was shit from the start, Nurse steals babies at night time, McDavid already has a trade in place to Toronto, etc...
I mean with the trash talking in the off-season, the “cup or bust” mentality, the spectacle about doing something that others teams already do by coming in early for the captain skate. All this hype to come out as one of the worst teams in the league is fairly thread worthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: stampedingviking

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton

This is a "wakeup!!!" thread to the delusional fans who think the Oilers are a legit contender...

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I mean with the trash talking in the off-season, the “p or bust” mentality, the spectacle about doing something that others teams already do by coming in early for the captain skate. All this hype to come out as one of the worst teams in the league is fairly thread worthy.

If I see one more person bring this up as "fan takes", imma request mod powers to ban on the basis of stupidity and group-thnk.

It was McDavid and Drai who said that. Legit them. Thats it. And honestly, what team that was a playoff team the prior season WOULDN'T have that mentality!? Wouldn't that be a bigger red flag than a team that expected to compete for a cup after going halfway through the dance the previous year?

There was not a single Oilers fan who thought we were favourites. EVERYONE lambasted our lack of goaltending addressment in the offseason, as well as our lack of defensive upgrades. Literally everyone. Comb the boards.

I've called on 80% of the people spouting this nonsense in this thread to provide receipts of Oilers fans planning the parade route and saying we're cup favourites. Not a single one provided.

Suprise suprise it stays the same here.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
If I see one more person bring this up as "fan takes", imma request mod powers to ban on the basis of stupidity and group-thnk.

It was McDavid and Drai who said that. Legit them. Thats it. And honestly, what team that was a playoff team the prior season WOULDN'T have that mentality!? Wouldn't that be a bigger red flag than a team that expected to compete for a cup after going halfway through the dance the previous year?

There was not a single Oilers fan who thought we were favourites. EVERYONE lambasted our lack of goaltending addressment in the offseason, as well as our lack of defensive upgrades. Literally everyone. Comb the boards.

I've called on 80% of the people spouting this nonsense in this thread to provide receipts of Oilers fans planning the parade route and saying we're cup favourites. Not a single one provided.

Feel free to leave at any point.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

And I never claimed an oil fan said it :laugh:

All the fans are responsible for is claiming this team is a contender when they are still very far off from being an actual contender.

The team is heavily flawed. Goaltending is struggling, defence is struggling, McDavid is struggling which is causing Draisaitl to struggle, the PP/PK is struggling

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad