Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This forum's endless anti-Oilers obsession would probably be more meaningful if we weren't 11 games into the regular season.
You must be new here, so I welcome you to HFBoards. HF is an online hockey forum where people discuss hockey related topics good or bad. You’ve stumbled into a thread about the Edmonton Oilers, a hockey team located in Edmonton, Alberta. All off season the fans and players of this team had a “cup or bust” mentality for this season. Unfortunately Edmonton has found themselves to be one of the worst teams in the NHL. This thread was created to discuss how this “cup or bust” team decided to go full bust. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I’m expecting a goalie and D clinic tonight.
1-0 game?

As in both the D and goalies attend a clinic?

You must be new here, so I welcome you to HFBoards. HF is an online hockey forum where people discuss hockey related topics good or bad. You’ve stumbled into a thread about the Edmonton Oilers, a hockey team located in Edmonton, Alberta. All off season the fans and players of this team had a “cup or bust” mentality for this season. Unfortunately Edmonton has found themselves to be one of the worst teams in the NHL. This thread was created to discuss how this “cup or bust” team decided to go full bust. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Not to mention constantly reminding us that McDavid and Draisailt are leagues above any player ever seen.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I’m expecting a goalie and D clinic tonight.
1-0 game?

If the sharks beat the oilers tonight, the Oilers just hit a new low haha. But I just can’t see the Oilers losing to the sharks tonight. Sharks are clearly tanking so they’re going to do the Oilers a favour tonight.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If the sharks beat the oilers tonight, the Oilers just hit a new low haha. But I just can’t see the Oilers losing to the sharks tonight. Sharks are clearly tanking so they’re going to do the Oilers a favour tonight.

They shouldn't. Drive the stake in a bit deeper...

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not to mention constantly reminding us that McDavid and Draisailt are leagues above any player ever seen.

Well, to be fair, McDavid is a better hockey player than Gretzky ever was. I’ve seen “era adjusted” stats that prove this out.

You’re just looking at it from a haters perspective, obviously.

pockets321

May 4, 2022
I've watched a lot of Oilers games (Edmonton is my hometown. I'm not an Oilers fan, but I watch the games a lot with friends & just to keep up). I've never seen Draisaitl or Nurse dive. Lmao.

Looking at the NHLDives IG account, they don't have a single dive from Draisaitl since they started their page (2019). The worst diver on the list is Marchessault, and the only Oiler in their top 20 list is Hyman (former Oilers Koskinen and Smith are on there too).
Crysaitl is too busy spearing people in the nuts to be diving.

Reactions: MCR74

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I've watched a lot of Oilers games (Edmonton is my hometown. I'm not an Oilers fan, but I watch the games a lot with friends & just to keep up). I've never seen Draisaitl or Nurse dive. Lmao.

Looking at the NHLDives IG account, they don't have a single dive from Draisaitl since they started their page (2019).
The worst diver on the list is Marchessault, and the only Oiler in their top 20 list is Hyman (former Oilers Koskinen and Smith are on there too).

I bet it has quite the selection of dives from McDavid.

Reactions: Crosstraffic

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
A player not winning the Stanley Cup by age 26 doesn't mean his career has been "wasted" by his franchise:
-- McDavid still has another 10+ years to win a Stanley Cup (whether in Edmonton or elsewhere)
-- In the Cap era, it's very probable that at least 50% of current and future "generational" players are going to retire Cup-less.

Did Detroit waste Yzerman's career? Did Washington waste Ovechkin's career?
The state of the team 9 years into his career is an absolute travesty. Washington and Detroit were at least perennial presidents trophy contenders at this point.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I bet it has quite the selection of dives from McDavid.
I'd be lying to you if I told you that McDavid doesn't take dives here and there. It's reasonable criticism. He's nowhere near the level of Pettersson or how Kesler was like many Oilers haters seem to believe though. Draisaitl isn't one at all. He's done nasty cheap things when angry but he doesn't really embellish.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
A player not winning the Stanley Cup by age 26 doesn't mean his career has been "wasted" by his franchise:
-- McDavid still has another 10+ years to win a Stanley Cup (whether in Edmonton or elsewhere)
-- In the Cap era, it's very probable that at least 50% of current and future "generational" players are going to retire Cup-less.

Did Detroit waste Yzerman's career? Did Washington waste Ovechkin's career?
id like to see some math on that 'at least 50%' statistic!

sounds more like what the kids call 'coping'...

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
This thread is brutal lmfao. Imagine having the entire league watching and cheering for every loss. It’s brought fanbases from all over together. Truly a beautiful thing.

I'm staying up to watch them play THE SHARKS tonight and I REALLY want Edmonton to shit the bed. Just out of a desire for absolute chaos.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Well, tonight’s the big night oilers versus sharks. Should be a good one.. 🤣
How sad is it that we are hyping up a match up of 31st vs 32nd as the game of the season for the Oilers. Even sadder is that if the Oilers lose San Jose would be equal in points. This is hilarious to me.

The more I watch the Oilers play this season the more im okay with it. Everything is off, it's not just goaltending. Its not like its one thing that's causing the problem, You have McDavid and Drai not playing to their levels, the goaltending is bombing, the D is bumbling, its getting easier to be okay with the losses because they genuinely don't deserve the wins. Which makes it easier to stomach. If McDavid and Drai were flying and racking up the points it would be harder to stomach. This is just institutional failure.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
This thread is brutal lmfao. Imagine having the entire league watching and cheering for every loss. It’s brought fanbases from all over together. Truly a beautiful thing.
They’ve brought it upon themselves.

I actually didn’t mind the Oilers at all. Even liked them a bit. Then we beat them in 2017 and their fans became absolutely unbearable on this site in anything Ducks related.

Looks good on them.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Just a piss poorly run Franchise from top to bottom and has been for decades. I thought for sure they would have turned things around by now but they've just continued to run the team into the grown with bad decision after bad decision. At this point, I don't see how McDavid signs an extension in 2 years when his contract is up. Glad they're not my team because I'd be pissed. Looking more and more likely they will have wasted McDavids time there. What a shame.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I found a lengthy documentary on the Oilers season so far:

AdUxfg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad