Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
He looks emotionally cooked tbh, when you know management has done nothing to help you I’m sure it gets mentally taxing..look at petey with benning vs now.
Holland has done a terrible job, the man has drafted in the first round from 18-22 when he could have used those picks to surround mcdavid and drai with sure fire talent, he learnt his lesson last year and finally spent one to get ekholm but it might be too little too late

Reactions: Luigi Lemieux

LaCarriere

Everyone talks about how expansion doesn't thin the talent pool because Vegas is good and Seattle is okay. But then I look at the bottom sixes and defense cores of the Leafs and Oilers and I think maybe people are looking in the wrong place. Woof.
I don't think the leafs losing leipsic 6 years ago or mcann 2 years ago is really their problem. Or the oilers losing griffin Reinhart and adam Larsson are the cause of their problems. Other teams have managed to build depth, even after the drafts. The leafs went out and got Ryan reeves this offseason. I'm sure somewhere in the world there is a guy that brings more value than him. Any time gms make boneheaded signings like that, some guy gets buried in a lower league and may not get his chance.

I wasn't a fan of the newer expansion rules, but the owners wanted expansion fees that far exceeded previous levels, and bettman wasn't going to go into Vegas or Seattle and risk repeating past mistakes of having expansion teams likely sucking for a decade or more, so it was an easy compromise. Owner's got a nice paycheck, but had to settle with exposing a few more guys than in previous expansion drafts.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
And have him go through each player's phone.
Babcock trying to figure out how to use Evander Kane’s phone.

520161D7-44F0-4518-B603-5D818EA2A2A3.jpeg

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
They’re built to play exciting hockey. Unfortunately exciting hockey doesn’t always work.

Sometimes you need to win 1-0 and that requires structure and a full team effort.

Theyre the Harlem Globetrotters

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think Edmonton finally wins against the Sharks. But if they lose I think the Oilers just tank for the first overall pick again.

I think that could be the last game for woodcroft. If they lose against San Jose I think he gets fired right away. I'm sure Jay is already packing his bags. 😄

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
He looks emotionally cooked tbh, when you know management has done nothing to help you I’m sure it gets mentally taxing..look at petey with benning vs now.
Holland has done a terrible job, the man has drafted in the first round from 18-22 when he could have used those picks to surround mcdavid and drai with sure fire talent, he learnt his lesson last year and finally spent one to get ekholm but it might be too little too late
Agreed, Edmonton should not have had another 1st round pick since their first McDavid playoff year

Insane mishandling of assets

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Hilariously enough, statistically the best part of the team so far is actually the defense(they're still bad).

Easily and by far the worst goaltending duo in the NHL and the forwards, even the vaunted top 6, can't score. The top unit PP that broke the single season record last year is being outplayed by the second unit and the PK might as well just throw the puck into it's own net to save the time on the clock.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I think Edmonton finally wins against the Sharks. But if they lose I think the Oilers just tank for the first overall pick again.

I think that could be the last game for woodcroft. If they lose against San Jose I think he gets fired right away. I'm sure Jay is already packing his bags. 😄

Sure. Why the hell not? All those #1 picks have sure gotten them far.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I expected Woodcroft fired when I woke up this morning, but nothing yet. Something big is going to happen in Edmonton soon.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

Even if the season is as truly lost as it currently looks like, Edmonton will start winning a bit more once the team gets a little more healthy.

Should still be looking to move this years first for immediate help given that drafting an 18 year old at 8th-12th overall does absolutely nothing for the franchise in it's current state.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Even if the team continues to flop, McDavid should be enough to edge them into the playoffs by inches during the last half of the season

Reactions: zar

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
If they can somehow sneak away with a win in San Jose + a point for McDreamy, everything will be back on track. That's basically what Woodcroft said as well.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The fact that ultimately it's up to the guy who was Connor McDavid's agent up until this summers job to fix all of this is just... wild.

Like is that real? Is that a real hire Darryl Katz, Kevin Lowe et all? President of Hockey Ops Jeff Jackson.
Funny, I was assured by Oilers fans that he's legitimately earned his way and wasn't another nepotism hire

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Yea I've been beating that drum, with two high end guys every year is go for it time. You can't flip a coin on guys like Holloway and Broberg who may or may not pan out years down the road. Most of the time first round picks are at its highest value before they're made. Should have been parlaying those into talent that can help now - and if they work out sign them for longer. They just completely botched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad