Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Who’s he lookin at, Jack Cambpell??

Come home McDaddy

article_4a1e88fa-951d-4a28-9164-31f44ce56c02.jpg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
When is the Oilers depth going to come through?
Especially now with her captain injured. Your depth needs to step up to fill the void.

The Oilers bottom six have zero goals this year aside from Gagner?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I know alot of people always want the coach fired but c'mon it can't always be the coaches being the problem in Edmonton... RNH is in his 13th NHL season(all with Edmonton) and he has had 9 different head coaches in his career with the Oilers... This has to be some sort of record for a player to have this many different head coaches in a career.

It's become a coach graveyard in Edmonton

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I know alot of people always want the coach fired but c'mon it can't always be the coaches being the problem in Edmonton... RNH is in his 13th NHL season(all with Edmonton) and he has had 9 different head coaches in his career with the Oilers... This has to be some sort of record for a player to have this many different head coaches in a career.

Sure, but what else can you do mid-season?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

I feel the GM should get the boot before the coach. He did nothing in offseason to improve the defense and goaltending. It was a very dissapointing offseason for Edmonton when the upcoming season is a win now type season

I do get what your saying though. Normally a few trades would be an option but as we know, trades are pretty tricky to make nowadays

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I feel the GM should get the boot before the coach. He did nothing in offseason to improve the defense and goaltending. It was a very dissapointing offseason for Edmonton when the upcoming season is a win now type season

I do get what your saying though. Normally a few trades would be an option but as we know, trades are pretty tricky to make nowadays

Holland handicapped the Oilers defense by signing Nurse to that contract year before. The Oilers aren't going to be able to build a good enough defense for the next few years because of nurse

Mack a doodle doo

Apr 16, 2016

Not a big mystery as to why all coaches/gms fail (and its not the players, we've seen lots of different players/teams though the coaching/gm carousell), the problem is they keep picking from the same neopontinistic basket to fill these positions and it extends all the way to the scouts(both amature and pro),assistant Gm's and even down to the goaltending coaches.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Who would have guessed that 80's run & gun hockey doesn't work today...

Oilers should have made moves in the offseason, now every team is salivating to rip them off because they are desperate now...

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Too much talent, I think they turn it around, but that D...ooof..Desharnais? kulak. meh. Ekholm looks cooked. And of course the goaltending which can't seem to steal games or bail them out. when tenders are sporting SV% of

you aint winning shit. I have no idea how they try to solve the goaltending issue with trades needing to be money in and money out - or trading for a young, mobile D who can actually move the puck

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
All of them are cowering on their board and not even coming on to the main board anymore... after bragging about them constantly over summer.

The signed Conner Brown in the offseason, that’s it. Holland figured McDavid needed his friends in the team so he got him, thought the team was good enough to compete this season and called it a day.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Too much talent, I think they turn it around, but that D...ooof..Desharnais? kulak. meh. Ekholm looks cooked. And of course the goaltending which can't seem to steal games or bail them out. when tenders are sporting SV% of

you aint winning shit. I have no idea how they try to solve the goaltending issue with trades needing to be money and money out - or finding a young, mobile D who can move the puck
This right here...you can't win with that goaltending.

Why did you get Jack Campbell? He was awful and everyone knew it.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

you aint winning shit. I have no idea how they try to solve the goaltending issue with trades needing to be money and money out - or finding a young, mobile D who can move the puck

41 year old Mike Smith saying at home, "I told you so". 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad