Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
There's going to be changes coming up I would have suspect within a week. Can't wait to see what Kenny Holland's going to do. 🎉

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
With that division, I'd say they'll probably still make it.

But they've got a lot of work to do if they want to be a major threat come playoff time, if they make it that far.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
No idea what to make of Edmonton.

70 games left, lots of time to turn this around.

P.S. How long until McDavid asks for a trade?

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Way to early to judge any team....I am amazed at how many people think the season is determined in the first few games of the season...if the Oilers are still playing bad by game 20, then I will be concerned....in the NHL the first 15 to 20 games is no place to judge a teams season...indeed in some cases even longer......the Oilers still have plenty of time to turn this around.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
It isn’t over yet, but there is such a thing as digging too deep of a hole. They need to start getting some points and at least treading water.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
What exactly did McDavid do with the Oilers with the extra practice
They must of sat around and played cards.

What a catastrophe. They don't look like an NHL team never mind a contender. Even if they can salvage the season and squeak into the playoffs they'll get railroaded by whoever they face in the first round.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
When is the Oilers depth going to come through?
Especially now with her captain injured. Your depth needs to step up to fill the void.

The Oilers bottom six have zero goals this year aside from Gagner?
You're making their lack of bottom-six depth sound much worse than it actually is!!

McLeod got 1 secondary assist today, and Derek Ryan got an assist on an empty-net goal a few days ago. SEE!! They have some depth.

All joking aside, the Oilers' top-six is great and will get it going eventually. They're in the worst slump in five years or something and McDavid and Drai are still both on 100 point paces, Kane is suddenly playing very well, Hyman just had a great game, Nuge always shows up in the second half, etc.

Their defense is awful at present, but might recover to mid-range again if Eckholm gets healthy and they stop playing Campbell, who needs to be bought out.

But that bottom-six.... Real teams gets consistent and regular support -- even goals, occasionally -- from the bottom half of the forwards. The Oilers get nothing. Nothing. Nada. A big fat ZERO.

Since Chiarelli destroyed the line-up in the summer of 2017, they have not been able to recover a consistent bottom-six that wasn't vying for worst in the League. No wonder McDavid and Draisaitl and tired and frustrated.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A trade (modest-significant) or a coaching change (again) has to be coming, right?

Obviously, goaltending is sinking them, but Holland has to do something to try and right the ship.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
With that division, I'd say they'll probably still make it.

But they've got a lot of work to do if they want to be a major threat come playoff time, if they make it that far.
Odd. The records of the top 3 teams in each division:
Pacific: 26-4-4
Atlantic: 21-8-5
Central: 19-9-3
Metro: 21-10-2

Seems to me it'll be harder to catch up to the top 3 in that division.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yea, like that has nothing to do with the team they were facing in the final. It's not like it just stopped. Toronto and Carolina choked. Bob looking human in the final had a lot to do with Vegas too.

His level of play dropped by a fair bit in the finals. I don’t think that long lay-off between the conference and Cup finals did him any good.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
It’s starting to get out of control. Vegas is already up by 18 points.

Just have that weird feeling about the upcoming Sharks game, which is beyond pathetic to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad