Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yea, like that has nothing to do with the team they were facing in the final. It's not like it just stopped. Toronto and Carolina choked. Bob looking human in the final had a lot to do with Vegas too.
A little but he mostly shat the bed. Even that is hardly the point. What did Florida have to go through to get there? #1, #2, #4. Tampa? #4, #1, #7.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Maybe time to quickly rehire Chiarelli before Ottawa snatches him away...

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think they’ll make the playoffs. They’re not a good team. They play with such little structure.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
For the last 15 years.
Yep. They just need a good coach imo. If McDavid and Drai “settled” for 120 points and played solid defensive hockey they’d probably be a really good team. Don’t get that twisted though: they’re not the issue. The issue is players 3-18, the goaltending, and the coaching and the culture.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Keep in mind that any Islander package would have to include Noah Dobson.
I doubt the trade would happen but Pelech or Pulock + would be more likely than Dobson, at least unless Dobson falls well short of his ceiling

Age / stage of the career of the players being traded.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The Sharks and Flames are BAD....

But this is at a completely different level of pathetic. They were the top pick in the west to win the cup, and they can't beat anyone!

Reactions: Coffey

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Who’s he lookin at, Jack Cambpell??

1699140904435.jpeg

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
The reality is: You can’t play as well as McDrai have for as long as they have and not burn out when the team never wins.

Would MJ23, Kobe or Lebron ever sustained elite playing ability if their teams never win? It would drag any person down eventually. Not only mentally but physically.

McDrai look gassed and I understand. I think the season is close to a write off. If they go 4-6 or 3-7 over the next 10 they’re done.

Reactions: Duke74

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Looks like calling your teammates in to Edmonton early isn't the best thing for the team.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The reality is: You can’t play as well as McDrai have for as long as they have and not burn out when the team never wins.

Would MJ23, Kobe or Lebron ever sustained elite playing ability if their teams never win? It would drag any person down eventually. Not only mentally but physically.

McDrai look gassed and I understand. I think the season is close to a write off. If they go 4-6 or 3-7 over the next 10 they’re done.
Lebron left his hometown team to win (though went back and delivered afterwards, something a lot of Lebron detractors like to leave out)

anyone on any team can and will leave if things get bad enough

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Ovechkin didn't win the Cup till age 31. I don't think they even made it past the second round till then.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
They ain't making it if they don't make a drastic change

Woody has lost the room/the team has no structure

Too much talent to be this bad lol

Reactions: Duke74 and Coffey

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
For folks ragging on the Oilers' defense (which is awful to be sure), here is their record and the number of points they scored in each game:

10/11 Canucks Loss 2
10/14 Canucks Loss 3
10/17 Preds Win 8
10/19 Flyers Loss 1
10/21 Jets Loss (OT) 2
10/24 Wild Loss 4
10/26 Rangers Loss 0
10/29 Flames Win 5
11/2 Stars Loss 3
11/4 Preds Loss 2

----

In five of their losses (i.e., half their games), the Oilers only put up 2 points or less, which simply isn't going to get it done. It was indeed curious to hear folks bag on the goalies and the defense against the Flyers (Oilers scored one) and Rangers (Oilers goose-egged).

The point being that the Oilers are constructed as a heavy-offense/light-defense team; they are built to out-score their opponents, and in the past few years that has worked reasonably well for them. What fell off the cliff this year hasn't been their defense, but the Oilers are simply no longer out-scoring their opponents as they are built to do.

Why?

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They ain't making it if they don't make a drastic change

Woody has lost the room/the team has no structure

Too much talent to be this bad lol
2nd fastest lost the room after the unbeatable Mike Babcock, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad