Proposal: Oilers need Defense and a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Risto for 1 top 4 protected in 2022 otherwise 2023
Braun for 2
M Jones (g) for 3

Flyers fans express zero interest in any deals involving Barrie or Kassian.
lmao you arent going to get a possible early 1st for risto, only way we take on risto is if you take barrie(the better player of the two tbh) but id do jones for a 2nd in 24 if you take kosk

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
lmao you arent going to get a possible early 1st for risto, only way we take on risto is if you take barrie(the better player of the two tbh) but id do jones for a 2nd in 24 if you take kosk
1) Its not an early first. Edm pick should be pick 15-20 unless Edm implodes. Top 4 protection is if somehow Edmonton in the 1% percent chance of ping pong balls
Taking the worse contract is not the better player value overall. And Risto is legit 4 this year. He has played well. I just don't want the idiot flyers gm to use cap space to keep him. Team needs an overall.

2)4.5m salary of Koskinen with no retention? lmao that deal is an albatross.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
So who does Holland go after in goal? I also think they need to move on from Barrie and improve the mid pairing D, as stated in my OP.

Nurse - Bouchard
XXX - XXX
Keith - Ceci

XXX
Skinner/Smith

honestly id go after chychrun or klingberg(if their willing to take on barrie) now and if you go with klingberg to try and grab holtby. either that or grab varlamov(pick him over maf just because of the extra year) but wouldnt say no to maf or even anderson for just his great playoff exp( i know hes 40 but how great would it be having 2 goalies under 2.2m and win the cup? glorious i tell you, but i know injuries are more common in older players especially goalies) .

I understand hollands logic to the maddness but if rumors are true and he gave oilers 2 years to get their shit together then id be honestly on the phones with every team that has players available whether its to gauge with certain teams what theyd give up to get mcdavid(tbh i wouldnt mind it if we got barzal and sorokin in a deal for mcdavid... i know im crazy but to send mcdavid to a bottom dweller would be kinda funny with him giving a time line).

im fine with it costing us 1sts and or prospects what im not fine with is holland trying to tip toe and not try to go all in when he knows our goaltending is absolute shit.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
1) Its not an early first. Edm pick should be pick 15-20 unless Edm implodes. Top 4 protection is if somehow Edmonton in the 1% percent chance of ping pong balls
Taking the worse contract is not the better player value overall. And Risto is legit 4 this year. He has played well. I just don't want the idiot flyers gm to use cap space to keep him. Team needs an overall.

this is the last year on the contract and a 2nd being included is actually compensation for the difference in cap space as both are fa after the season. if you want oilers to retain sure but that pick is going back to a 3rd

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
More like Demko for Koskinen + Holloway + 2022 1st. Bouchard is pretty untouchable (at the moment) based on Edmonton's current cap constraints.
demko is the future #1 for canucks i doubt oilers could get him unless it was mass overpayment like taking on myers and still adding someone like broberg to the deal. and im an oilers fan, not only that is id want ian clark coming with demko if oilers got him.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Every deal that goes if they took Barrie. Ask me why are teams in salary cap world are taking on 2 years 9m cap and 9.5m actual cash for Barrie? There are worse deals but that narrative needs to stop.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
this is the last year on the contract and a 2nd being included is actually compensation for the difference in cap space as both are fa after the season. if you want oilers to retain sure but that pick is going back to a 3rd
And that is the closer route
Jones's value is a 3 or early 4.
Now what do you want to add for Flyers to take on 3m of that Koskinen blunderous deal.
Its not a 3 to get both.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If you have a 3C (Nugent) at this price, it would cause a problem on the 1st and 2second line... If you put Nugent a 3C, you should trade him... and take this money to get a D or G

5 mil for Nuge isn't bad to use him as a heavily used 3C and on the first powerplay. The whole point is to have 3 lines to roll heavy mins and a limited mins for the 4th line. When McDavid and Draisaitl are on the bench Edmonton is out scored by a 2-1 margin. We need consistent scoring from the bottom 6.

Maybe people who don't follow the team assume scoring isn't an issue if you have McDavid and Draisaitl but it is still a major issue due to lack of depth.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Just saying that Oilers always need Def and Goalie since yearssss... but they dont want to pay for it. If Oilers really want to clear off that problem they have to pay with future picks or prospects.

The whole premise is to trade picks and prospects to upgrade the D and in net and try and get Kane on a cheap 1 year deal to fix the depth scoring.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Draisatl for Spencer Knight, Ekblad, and Weegar.

Who says no? I think the Panthers say no. But I expect Oilers fans will say no.

Both say no, but man Florida D core would be as bad as ours with this trade and they don't need Draisaitl, not even a little bit.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

Lmao Koskinens deal is finished at the end of the year. Hardly an albatross..... WOW

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Lmao Koskinens deal is finished at the end of the year. Hardly an albatross..... WOW
If you think owners are going to pay 2.5m remaining million cash for a pick on an albatross deal, then you are not paying attention to the 2022 economy.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i mean no disrespect to oiler fans . my habs are tanking and i'd like to see some canadian teams do something . i think the biggest contract the oilers should worry about is holland . i've read here he makes 5 million a year . his body of work to date is brutal .

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
There's just no way around the following:

1. If they're good and cheap (slaary-wise), they'll cost major assets.
2. If they're cheap and don't cost major assets, they won't be good.
3. If they're good and won't cost assets, they'll be paid a fortune.

Oilers have no cap room, so they can't do #3. They've been trying to do #2 for a while now. They can do #1, but long-term it will hurt.

Reactions: SpitfireG

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Review Oilers case.
Oilers funs you can tell bye-bye to playoff this season.

The team was good only during first 20 games, the period that is usally needed to teams to build a group at start of the season.

With current roster, injuries and oilers schedule there is no options for playoff even with some new name due to minor trades. Major trades are not realistic - no cap space and valuable assets for.
When you play vs Eastern conference is near no chances.
Canucs with Boudreau will over Oilers in final standing.

Key Challanges:
- Nurse is hardly overpaid, not elite Def
- 2nd def pair is amful
- cap space issue
- to get a goalie is real after the season via trade
- Edmonton isn't prefer destination for free agents

In couple seasons McDavid and Draisatl come up to ask for trade. Simultanely.

Welcome new GM.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad