Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
haha-stir-the-pot.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cheddabombs

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
He won't realize it until he's playing for half of his worth in a couple of years....so now is the time to get back on the ice and for smiling.

After everyone gets their 8/9 million dollar contracts that 4.2 in 2027 is going to feel like hot spit in the face.

Yes I will feel very sorry for the 25 year old multimillionaire.

Last edited:

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Jim, he is represented by a professional agent. You are portraying him in this thread and the Mercer signing thread like he's some sort of feeble weak sap guy getting massively abused by team.

If money was so important to Mercer, he could fight his side more via his agent and tried stronger stances and held out longer. He's not a poor sap slave to this process. At some point you have to accept he accepted this deal too and weighed in the options that were realistically in front of him.

12 million over 3 years plus the future leverage (if he performs well during this contract) to say he is worth a lot more than this one and can leverage that for UFA time telling NJd or others that he took a reasonable NJ friendly negotiation last time and expects this time for them to pony up.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How come you and everyone see my response to the snipes as the stirring or the troll and not the snipe?

Hey, I love good ball busting...so I don't have a problem either way but at least see the full picture.

You are portraying him in this thread and the Mercer signing thread like he's some sort of feeble weak sap guy getting massively abused by team.

That is correct.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We’re not doing this in two threads, either cut it out here or the signing thread gets closed

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
He won't realize it until he's playing for half of his worth in a couple of years....so now is the time to get back on the ice and for smiling.

After everyone gets their 8/9 million dollar contracts that 4.2 in 2027 is going to feel like hot spit in the face.
So you want Luke, Nemec and Hischier to "get robbed" so Mercer can make more money? I hate to break it to you but they are more important to the future of the Devils than Mercer is.

Reactions: Forge and Hisch13r

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

maybe he should player better if he wants to be paid more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad