Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The board is going through some stuff this year. Feeling for you @Guttersniped, @Jerry, and @Maine Fan. I know thoughts and prayers are useless but I value the community we have hear. Best wishes.
Quantum physics suggests they might matter on some level even if you aren’t religious. Maybe that’s just theory but I like think positive wishes in abundance can help those in need somehow

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hey guys, I loath to talk about my personal life but I’ve been absent because my Mom recently passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. (And for those who remember Jerry Gigantic, he’s my older brother, so he’s also lost her.)

She had a heart attack in mid-April, had a MRI a week later because she had water in her lungs, and that’s how they discovered she had Stage 4 cancer.

And then she died 4 months later, so as you can imagine it was a very shitty whirlwind of medical catastrophes and struggles with our terrible medical system.

My mom was a pistol, just the best and we were very close, so this the biggest loss I’ve ever experienced.

She did get to attend her 60th Wedding Anniversary party in June while still pretty healthy, so that was good.

Anyway, not saying the Devils owe my family a winning season now, but it would be nice gesture on their part.

Also, I just got home, after spending months at my parents, and immediately got COVID. So that’s nice.

Sorry to hear it, I know it's hard but try to keep your head up! Try to keep yourself busy, hang out with family and friends. It doesn't help with the loss but sitting around with your own thoughts about it all is always the worst aspect.

Hope you feel better asap as well.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Hey guys, I loath to talk about my personal life but I’ve been absent because my Mom recently passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. (And for those who remember Jerry Gigantic, he’s my older brother, so he’s also lost her.)

She had a heart attack in mid-April, had a MRI a week later because she had water in her lungs, and that’s how they discovered she had Stage 4 cancer.

And then she died 4 months later, so as you can imagine it was a very shitty whirlwind of medical catastrophes and struggles with our terrible medical system.

My mom was a pistol, just the best and we were very close, so this the biggest loss I’ve ever experienced.

She did get to attend her 60th Wedding Anniversary party in June while still pretty healthy, so that was good.

Anyway, not saying the Devils owe my family a winning season now, but it would be nice gesture on their part.

Also, I just got home, after spending months at my parents, and immediately got COVID. So that’s nice.
Hi Guttersniped. I am very sorry for you and Jerry and your family. My condolences. I know how terrible it is to lose your mom (mine passed away from cancer a little over a year ago and I miss her every day).

I hope the Devils can give us a good season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I'm so sorry for your and Jerry's loss. I hope you are able to comfort each other.

I lost my mom in 2008 to ovarian cancer and I was very close with her also. Some days it's as difficult as the first day. But I am able to ease the pain thinking about all the experience we had. When I am feeling my worst I celebrated her life the best I can with foods, memories sometimes a simple ride past a park we used to feed the ducks....it makes me feel better.

Camille the Eel

Very sorry - hope the bout with Covid is a mild one and that you will be back in good health soon.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Sorry to hear about this awful news & sorry for your loss. You seem like a real great person on here and in real life I'm sure as well. I enjoy reading your posts on here and not just one's about hockey , you seem to have a great sense of humor as well even when things are going great for our Devils.

I don't know how frequently you go to games but I would love to buy you and your brother a ticket for a Devils home game early in the season if possible. Maybe other posters in here could contribute as well and we can get you a club seat or something to help make the night even more special.

If anyone is interested feel free to message me and maybe we can set something up. I hope all of you guys are doing okay too. We're getting closer to the season so I feel like everyone should be excited for that ! Try to enjoy the peace and quiet before the roller coaster of emotions of being a hockey fan kick in soon...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad