Proposal: Oilers need Defense and a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Montreal has everything you need.

Price or Allen
Chiarot or Edmunson or Petry

Those are some of the best pieces available in the league right now (key word: available)

Edmundson and Chiarot are good options. We know Montreal is looking for a 1st on Chiarot, what's the cost for both with us sending Barrie back as that is a must cap wise?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
We need scoring depth too. Kane is an top line winger that would only cost cap, and much lower than his talent level should cost. I don't see mentioning him is at all relevant. Less you're just trolling to stir the pot.

Adding Kane, if that happens, moves RNH to the 3C position which is something the team has needed for a long, long time.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Adding Kane, if that happens, moves RNH to the 3C position which is something the team has needed for a long, long time.

Agreed. I'd actually play them together with Kassian, thus fixing the lack of depth scoring. McDavid and Draisaitl are good enough to carry Puljujarvi, Hyman, Yamamoto and Foegele if we had another tough to matchup against 3rd line.

Reactions: TFHockey

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
We need scoring depth too. Kane is an top line winger that would only cost cap, and much lower than his talent level should cost. I don't see mentioning him is at all relevant. Less you're just trolling to stir the pot.

Just saying that Oilers always need Def and Goalie since yearssss... but they dont want to pay for it. If Oilers really want to clear off that problem they have to pay with future picks or prospects.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Agreed. I'd actually play them together with Kassian, thus fixing the lack of depth scoring. McDavid and Draisaitl are good enough to carry Puljujarvi, Hyman, Yamamoto and Foegele if we had another tough to matchup against 3rd line.

So who does Holland go after in goal? I also think they need to move on from Barrie and improve the mid pairing D, as stated in my OP.

Nurse - Bouchard
XXX - XXX
Keith - Ceci

XXX
Skinner/Smith

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Just saying that Oilers always need Def and Goalie since yearssss... but they dont want to pay for it. If Oilers really want to clear off that problem they have to pay with future picks or prospects.

That is the gist of the thread.

However asking for Holloway for a rental isn't going to happen, right from Holland's mouth to your ears.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Frankly the team is not good enough, if Holland is smart he tries to get rid of Ceci, Barrie, Keith, and most of the third and forth line for assets.

It’s disastrous that they will miss the playoffs yet again but adding bandaids to plug holes in a dam will do nothing long term.

Get a new coach and be smart about your acquisitions.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal

If you have a 3C (Nugent) at this price, it would cause a problem on the 1st and 2second line... If you put Nugent a 3C, you should trade him... and take this money to get a D or G

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
They just need better management who will in turn hire better scouts and analytics. Toews and Ned were both traded for scraps BC those teams GMs read the situations and had good scouts and analytics. Both players are what you are asking for.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Make All
The trades you Want

With McDavid as captain
The team is destined to be soft with no heart

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I know it’s going to be ridiculed but maybe they need to really shake it up. Marner + Sandin + mrazek + 2 firsts for mcCry and a dump or two. Being back home might make Conor suck his lower lip enough he stops tripping over it.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I know it’s going to be ridiculed but maybe they need to really shake it up. Marner + Sandin + mrazek + 2 firsts for mcCry and a dump or two. Being back home might make Conor suck his lower lip enough he stops tripping over it.
ummm.. I wouldn't do it. not a very good deal

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Draisatl for Spencer Knight, Ekblad, and Weegar.

Who says no? I think the Panthers say no. But I expect Oilers fans will say no.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Edmundson and Chiarot are good options. We know Montreal is looking for a 1st on Chiarot, what's the cost for both with us sending Barrie back as that is a must cap wise?

It would be 2 x 1st (1 each). I don't think it's exagerated...
That could be worked around if some retention are made on Barrie, or if you want to replace a 1st by a prospect, etc.

Nurse
Edmunson
Chiarot

On the left side is pretty solid IMO

Or

Edmunson/Chiarot - Nurse
Edmunson/Chiarot - X
X - X

Isn't bad at all

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Draisatl for Spencer Knight, Ekblad, and Weegar.

Who says no? I think the Panthers say no. But I expect Oilers fans will say no.

I would say Panthers say No

I don’t know what they farm looks like for Florida but to lose Ekblad and Weegar is just crazy. Look they made their bed with Brobrovski but I would be very hesitant to trading a kid like Knight. Lastly the Panthers need no help up front IMO.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Edmonton needs a helluva RHD. Someone that's good enough to keep Bouchard at under 15 minutes per game. Bouch looks great, but he's not ready for 24 minutes per game and recently he's often looked very exposed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad