Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Write it off and move onto the next game.

Tough to mount a comeback when an answering goal comes within a minute every single time. The loss isn't on Brossoit but the Jackets really seemed able to pot most of their chances.

The loss is absolutely on Brossoit. The Oilers by my eye had twice as many scoring chances in this one. Columbus goalie wasn't even particularly good but considering we had a guy getting beat 6 times in 20 shots it didn't matter.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I can't believe Sharks fans love Remenda. They can have him back.

The thing I don't understand is how this guy has a job with the Oilers. He obviously dislikes the club, maybe he just likes the pay cheque. He was unbearable on his one-season with the CBC on HNIC. After that he went back to the SJS regional broadcasts, and then he pops up all of a sudden on SNW after Rogers gets the new TV deal? Like wtf? I'm pretty sure Oilers fans (or at least me) were super happy with Louie. Debrusk was one of the best guys the Oilers have ever had. BBL = BRING BACK LOUIE

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The thing I don't understand is how this guy has a job with the Oilers. He obviously dislikes the club, maybe he just likes the pay cheque. He was unbearable on his one-season with the CBC on HNIC. After that he went back to the SJS regional broadcasts, and then he pops up all of a sudden on SNW after Rogers gets the new TV deal? Like wtf? I'm pretty sure Oilers fans (or at least me) were super happy with Louie. Debrusk was one of the best guys the Oilers have ever had. BBL = BRING BACK LOUIE

Agreed 100%

SN just can't do anything right. Even when they get it right with Louie, they gotta ruin it with Drew.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Talbot at worst would have given up 2 goals in this one and we win.

Half the reason the Oilers were giving up some chances is being down 2-3 goals all night DUE TO BROSSOIT.

He was the reason Columbus. won. From the start he was awful.

"Horrific breakdowns" lol. Missing in that synopsis is that the Oilers outshot, outchanced and outplayed the Jackets most of the game cept anytime we scored Brossoit was laying another **** in his net.

I don't know. I could be wrong since I don't really watch that closely for full games but I thought last game they were looking bad on a goal where the other team just broke the puck out so cleanly and quickly it made the oilers look pretty sketchy.

Then this game....it seemed like Torts was exploiting that heavily....the BJ's just flew through the neutral zone effortlessly....at this rate teams will just start burning us with speed.

we can't win. :cry:

204*

Couldn't do anything because of the instigator in the final 5 minutes of game. He would have gotten a 1-game suspension like Domi got for an instigator in the final 5 minutes.

the fact domi did it and if he didnt duclair was ready to says alot about hendricks afaic

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
For a team we don't play much I have a healthy dislike for the Bluejackets. Cap off a game full of dives and sneaky dirty **** like that elbow on Nurse capped off with outright garbage from that human outhouse Dalton Prout.

Same guy that laid 6 or 7 crosschecks on that Penguin earlier this year.

Oilers didn't play that poorly really. Reminded me of when we blew away Ottawa when we didn't really deserve to.

Good analogy. People shouldn't have been too high after the Ottawa win and not too low after this one. They outplayed the Jackets for large stretches but had one pairing with awful breakdowns and a rookie goalie who looked like a rookie. They still competed hard which is all we can really ask for.
Not a big deal, just move on to the next one.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Agreed 100%

SN just can't do anything right. Even when they get it right with Louie, they gotta ruin it with Drew.

SN is full of ****. How do you employ guys like Remenda, Cox, Hrudey, Krypeos, Shannon, Stock, etc? I feel bad for Friedman on a daily basis having to sit in a panel while those guys talk out of their own *****, especially flames number one kissasser in Hrudey.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
I said it at the time ... if the ref doesn't think all the ice belongs to him and the onus is on the players to get out of his way that incident never happens. Hate the Flames, couldn't care less about Wideman, and loled hard when he got the big suspension, but I can totally understand his thinking on that play. GTFO of the way you arrogant goof.

The officials have taken the god complex thing to new extremes this season. They take forever to drop the puck and then have to redo anyway. They get hit by pucks at a rate I've never seen before in decades of watching hockey. They injure players. They get in the way of the flow of play with alarming regularity. And all the while they act like they are Lords of the rink. Imperious, condescending yet blind as ****ing bats.

I don't even subscribe to the theory that the Oilers are particularly hard done by, but the officiating is an issue in more and more of the games I watch. Its damn irritating as a fan.
A player gets 20 games for injuring an official. When are the officials getting suspended for injuring players. It's already happened at least twice this year, perhaps even more that we don't know about.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah, Talbot would have bit tonight too, and no one would have said a word.

I disagree. I don't think its fair for some people to be so hard on Brossoit, but he is the main reason we lost tonight. We had a few bad defensive plays but so did they and their goalie bailed them out on at least 5-10 occasions, while Brossoit bailed us out on 1 break away? It is what it is though he'll bounce back, but the team played well enough to win tonight.

Will be nice to get Klef back so we don't have to play Clendenning/Nikitin and let Nurse play the 12-14 mins per game on the bottom pair that he should be

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Idiot Damien Cox said there should be a 20-game suspension to Fayne despite not being an injury.

I never heard him say that but he's a moron, so I wouldn't be surprised either.

Cox: Hey guys, I heard Reimer asked 6x6, so that's why he got traded!
Reimer's agent : That's not true.
Cox : It is. I trust my sources!

****ing moron. :laugh:

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Weird game, stupid game. Our goalie was worse. Nikitin trash, Pardy got running around a bit too, tonight. Yakupov and Eberle also junk tonight. Especially Eberle.

I'm fine with leaving Brossoit in there if the team is playing like that. What's the point of having Talbot come in there and get lit up as well like in the Islanders game? It's his day off.

Just a stupid game. Can't believe the Oilers gave up a goal within a minute of scoring THREE times. Just dumb.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
The loss is absolutely on Brossoit. The Oilers by my eye had twice as many scoring chances in this one. Columbus goalie wasn't even particularly good but considering we had a guy getting beat 6 times in 20 shots it didn't matter.

I'll rephrase.

Brossoit could have won this game for us but he wasn't able to make the stops the team needed him to.

In that way the loss is on him however the team should shoulder a portion of that blame for consistently putting him a position to need to make that save.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
SN is full of ****. How do you employ guys like Remenda, Cox, Hrudey, Krypeos, Shannon, Stock, etc? I feel bad for Friedman on a daily basis having to sit in a panel while those guys talk out of their own *****, especially flames number one kissasser in Hrudey.

The fact that Cuthbert is the Senators regional PBP man is a goddamn travesty. He's probably the best PBP guy in the world, and the stoopid Sens get him for their regional broadcasts? JEEEEZE.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Still makes me sick that we took Musil over Jenner, I'm pretty certain a good amount of this board wanted Jenner badly.

I'm pretty sure most wanted Jenner and not a single fan wanted Musil. Looking at some of the players taken after Musil; Jenner, Rattie, Gibson, Saad. Some really good talent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad