Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Well Brossoit was hung out to dry in the first, and then folded like a wet noodle on shots he should have had. Team played like garbage in front of him as well, let's face it.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Can't believe I actually have no problem with Wideman nailing a ref now. **** the idiot refs.
I said it at the time ... if the ref doesn't think all the ice belongs to him and the onus is on the players to get out of his way that incident never happens. Hate the Flames, couldn't care less about Wideman, and loled hard when he got the big suspension, but I can totally understand his thinking on that play. GTFO of the way you arrogant goof.

The officials have taken the god complex thing to new extremes this season. They take forever to drop the puck and then have to redo anyway. They get hit by pucks at a rate I've never seen before in decades of watching hockey. They injure players. They get in the way of the flow of play with alarming regularity. And all the while they act like they are Lords of the rink. Imperious, condescending yet blind as ****ing bats.

I don't even subscribe to the theory that the Oilers are particularly hard done by, but the officiating is an issue in more and more of the games I watch. Its damn irritating as a fan.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
That's what makes me even madder. Could have won this game if we got average goaltending, average defense, and refs that didn't ****ing bend us over.

Gotta love that "onside" challenge on the cbj goal as well. I had no remorse when that ref got hit by the puck fired by Fayne. Officiating is a bag of **** lit on fire.

204*

dont know about you guys but id be pretty pissed if i was drilled and my team didnt jump the guy right after with 15 seconds left. line brawl or something

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sure what Brossoit was supposed to do on goal 2. You can't give a guy a clean look like that, was a beauty clean snipe.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
For a team we don't play much I have a healthy dislike for the Bluejackets. Cap off a game full of dives and sneaky dirty **** like that elbow on Nurse capped off with outright garbage from that human outhouse Dalton Prout.

Same guy that laid 6 or 7 crosschecks on that Penguin earlier this year.

Oilers didn't play that poorly really. Reminded me of when we blew away Ottawa when we didn't really deserve to.

Who ****ing boards a guy with 19 seconds left, when you're up 3 goals, in a relatively tame game? :shakehead

****ing clown.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
dont know about you guys but id be pretty pissed if i was drilled and my team didnt jump the guy right after with 15 seconds left. line brawl or something

With the way the reffing was, the Oilers would have gotten an instigator.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not sure what Brossoit was supposed to do on goal 2. You can't give a guy a clean look like that, was a beauty clean snipe.

Wasn't his night anyways. The team wasn't that great in supporting him but he let him some rather bad goals. Not gonna use it as a sample size considering his previous two games were strong for the team. Moving on to the next. Team must be tired from 3 games in 4 nights. Apparently they arrived in Columbus late at 2am in the morning.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

I don't think anyone actually saw it happen. Was kinda weird because of how slow it was.

Lander stepped in as soon as he figured out what was going on.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
We outshot them 36-26, out chanced them to. Not much u can do when you let in 6 on 26.

Yeah that sums it up. It's one of those things where if your goalie doesn't make a couple of decent saves you're always going to lose. LB made one good stop on a breakaway, but other than that the BJ's scored on all of their mediocre to good opportunities.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Gotta love that "onside" challenge on the cbj goal as well. I had no remorse when that ref got hit by the puck fired by Fayne. Officiating is a bag of **** lit on fire.

Yup. Pretty sure we got called off side for the exact same play earlier in the game, and I know we've had many calls blown down for that exact same play. Sigh.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know people are going to be negative and be all down on the oilers but I thought they played better than columbus for the most part. Every mistake they made resulted in a goal. Brossoit, while most of the goals werent entirely his fault, if he made some saves the game might of turned out better.

I liked all of the forwards efforts for the most part. Was some mistakes here and there but thought they played with effort.

Wasnt the strongest defensive game but every mistake resulted in a goal. Nikitin was only dman who kept making mistake after mistake.

Also, I cant stand Remenda. Hopefully they replace him next year.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Yeah that sums it up. It's one of those things where if your goalie doesn't make a couple of decent saves you're always going to lose. LB made one good stop on a breakaway, but other than that the BJ's scored on all of their mediocre to good opportunities.

Yup bad game from him. Was tough to watch after the outstanding goaltending we had over the past 5 games. We allowed 6 goals in 5 games before this one and doubled that total in one game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Dennis Wideman is a hero.

Can't believe I'm defending him since he's a flames puke, but good on him. Officiating pisses me off and I'm quite sure it has pissed off nhl players.

Hall on a breakaway and gets hooked = no call. I seriously don't understand how Hall can go through so much crap on him without any damn call.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
For a team we don't play much I have a healthy dislike for the Bluejackets.
Different Oiler team now. I bet some numbers got taken down there in the last ten minutes.
Looking forward to the next game against the BJs.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Brossoit bad, but I'm sympathetic there.

Nikitin bad, and I'm not at all sympathetic

McDavid was fighting it tonight, but he was excellent for stretches and got well earned points.

Overall, the game sucked but we weren't blown out. I still see this game as a good sign that we are a competitive and fiery team that doesn't give up. There is a good nucleus here that will win games like this once we get a few key players added.

This sums it up very well.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Still makes me sick that we took Musil over Jenner, I'm pretty certain a good amount of this board wanted Jenner badly.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think anyone actually saw it happen. Was kinda weird because of how slow it was.

Lander stepped in as soon as he figured out what was going on.

No one thought anyone would run a guy in the numbers 5 seconds after he moved the puck with 15 seconds to go in a 6-3 game. By the time anyone really realized what happened the refs were there.

Take a number for next season.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton

He was suppose to save it. LB had a clean look at it too and it was high slot. Those shots are literally stopped every game across the league daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad