Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The fact that Cuthbert is the Senators regional PBP man is a goddamn travesty. He's probably the best PBP guy in the world, and the stoopid Sens get him for their regional broadcasts? JEEEEZE.

While we get to deal with Remenda or in CBC's games with that blowhard Paul Romanuk. **** that guy as well.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
2-0 early in the first, that's hard to overcome for any team.

Don't understand the rationale of mclellan sometimes though... Why was Nikita in?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Don't understand the rationale of mclellan sometimes though... Why was Nikita in?

Probably had to do with Clendening having a bad game the other day. Although, he's bad, Nikitin's even worse. I hope that was his final game as an oiler. I don't want to see him dressed for the team ever again. What a sack of useless **** of a dman he is.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton

Give him a chance against his old team and Clendenning has also been really bad is my guess.

Bad call in hindsight though since Nikitin managed to be even worse.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Lol, why? Have we been spoiled with how good things have been for us? :laugh:

Well it's extremely premature to say we've turned a corner when we've made some super minor moves and haven't addressed the main issue with the team (defense) other than replacing a terrible player with a waiver pick up.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Well it's extremely premature to say we've turned a corner when we've made some super minor moves and haven't addressed the main issue with the team (defense) other than replacing a terrible player with a waiver pick up.

Haha that's true. But can't we learn caution without taking it on the chin all the time?

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Pretty funny that most of us can agree that Connor had an off-night and the kid still picks up two points. That secondary assist will make the mains angry tho.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
I dont blame McLellan for the loss tonight. If we were in the playoff race I think Brossoit would have been pulled after the 4th goal but Talbot has started 12 of the last 13 and 3 games in 4 nights is hard on a goalie especially considering he stood on his head for the last 5. He deserved the rest and there is no point in risking injury to him when the games don't mean anything in context of when the season will end. And as for Nikitin being in, he was in for Clendening who played like **** last night, so that shows accountability IMO. Yeah Nikitin played like **** too but what can you do when you have basically 1 or 2 players at a top 4 level right now available. Hall, McD and Drai all played pretty well and put up some points which is good, and so did Maroon which is nice to see. Loss was on below average D and Goaltending. As another poster said a while back, I know we as fans wanna see some wins, but now is not the time to be pushing into 19-20th in the standings. That does absolutely nothing strategically for this team except take away either a very valuable trade piece, or an immediate cheap replacement for someone on the move. I would like to see this team play tougher and harder and our top players put up some points for the rest of the season. But forgive if I say that it would maybe be better if we didn't string a bunch of wins together right now. This season is done, we can do all our winning for the next 10 years with McDavid.

McDeathbyCheerios*

We out played them for the most part. Refs sucked Nikitin sucked and LB had a rough game.

Usually these games happen and we are by far the worse team. We will see how the team responds next game

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Didn't watch, but glad McDavid put up a few points. Keep your spirits up, beating the Jets in Winnipeg is about as sure a thing as there is in sports. I honestly wonder what the reffing will be like, because the refs have so blatantly ****ed over both Jets and Oilers all damn year. Will it cancel out and actually be a fairly called game for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad