GDT: Oilers@ LEAFS, 7:00pm, TV: TSN RADIO: TSN 1050

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You really don't think there are much better offensive defensmen than Barrie??

No, I also don't think Barrie's as bad defensively as some people are pretending. His one on one coverage sucks but that doesn't outweigh the fact that he gets the puck out of our zone reliably.

If he's one on one or one on two in our zone, I'm more concerned with why we don't have a 2nd guy back with him.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
No, I also don't think Barrie's as bad defensively as some people are pretending. His one on one coverage sucks but that doesn't outweigh the fact that he gets the puck out of our zone reliably.

If he's one on one or one on two in our zone, I'm more concerned with why we don't have a 2nd guy back with him.
Ha ha ha
Let me get this straight brotha ..
So if he has to defend in any way shape or form in all defensive posturing scenarios , no matter what , he’s horrible
But ...
on the flip side he can skate with the puck out of our end when it’s on his stick ..
Well let’s sign him up at 8-9 mil over 8-9 years
I’m in ..

;)

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Ha ha ha
Let me get this straight brotha ..
So if he has to defend in any way shape or form in all defensive posturing scenarios , no matter what , he’s horrible
But ...
on the flip side he can skate with the puck out of our end when it’s on his stick ..
Well let’s sign him up at 8-9 mil over 8-9 years
I’m in ..

;)

How often do 1on1 situations come up with him on the ice?

Not having to play defense because you drive play is better than doing a little better at defending one specific play that doesn't even happen every game.

Polak looked good at D because he had to play a lot of it when he'd fail to clear the zone or ice the puck. Doesn't help us avoid getting scored on.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
How often do 1on1 situations come up with him on the ice?

Not having to play defense because you drive play is better than doing a little better at defending one specific play that doesn't even happen every game.

Polak looked good at D because he had to play a lot of it when he'd fail to clear the zone or ice the puck. Doesn't help us avoid getting scored on.
;)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Anyone care to take a stab at who is the most efficient ES scorer is, against divisional rivals, at home, on Mondays, while blindfolded?

You can cherry pick any stat, if you'd like...
I want to know who!!!
Blind folded???!!!?
Insane talent!
Who is it? Please please please!!!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Whats that in reference too? The last time they beat us?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad