GDT: Oilers@ LEAFS, 7:00pm, TV: TSN RADIO: TSN 1050

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Marincin has already drawn 3, maybe 4 now in the handful of games he's been up. Ovechkin has more PP time than the Toronto Maple Leafs have had this year. The league needs to stop making games look artificially competitive. Bad teams should get blown out on the 10 penalties they take a game, good teams shouldn't be punished for playing a clean possession game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone care to take a stab at who's been the 3rd best scoring defensemen at ES in the league since November 20th when Keefe took over???

Reactions: stickty111

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Anyone care to take a stab at who's been the 3rd best scoring defensemen at ES in the league since November 20th when Keefe took over???

Anyone care to take a stab at who is the most efficient ES scorer is, against divisional rivals, at home, on Mondays, while blindfolded?

You can cherry pick any stat, if you'd like...

Reactions: egd27

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone care to take a stab at who is the most efficient ES scorer is, against divisional rivals, at home, on Mondays, while blindfolded?

Even strength scoring is a cherry-picked stat?!

Barrie has been on for 24 goals for and 15 goals against under Keefe as well.

It blows my god damn mind how much the media influences people's opinions on players.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

It blows my god damn mind how much the media influences people's opinions on players.

If he played the exact same way but was 6'4, they'd be talking about how we have to re-sign the next Burns for 8x10.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Expected or actual? :cool:

Reactions: MyBudJT

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Marincin has already drawn 3, maybe 4 now in the handful of games he's been up. Ovechkin has more PP time than the Toronto Maple Leafs have had this year. The league needs to stop making games look artificially competitive. Bad teams should get blown out on the 10 penalties they take a game, good teams shouldn't be punished for playing a clean possession game.

It’s impossible. The refs actually favour the leafs. Just ask the mainboards

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Meh there's just posters who dislike certain players and won't change their minds....ever

Reactions: stickty111

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

1) Selecting a stat that nobody is disputing - No one is suggesting barrie is useless offensively.
2) Selecting a metric that better suits your argument - Had he been a better PP producer, no doubt you would have selected points
3) Pretending that nothing before Keefe's arrival matters

YES, you're very much cherry picking

You must be a fan of Ceci, then. Ceci has been on for 15GF and 10 GA since Keefe's arrival, despite getting significantly less Ozone opportunities, and not playing behind Matthews all the time.

Its odd that you're claiming media influences people's opinions on players... considering I haven't heard any media members criticize Barrie like at all....

xsiej00

Mar 20, 2017
Kosice
I’m not opened to trading Barrie. Team is looking and performing well right now. I believe he can find his game under Keefe, as he can take it to the next level. But as @ACC1224 said, there is no harm in exploring possibilities for Dubas. No doubt he will engage Keefe in possible discussions about outcomes of trading Tyson. We may not know about these discussions...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
1) Selecting a stat that nobody is disputing - No one is suggesting barrie is useless offensively.
2) Selecting a metric that better suits your argument - Had he been a better PP producer, no doubt you would have selected points

You must be a fan of Ceci, then. Ceci has been on for 15GF and 10 GA since Keefe's arrival, despite getting significantly less Ozone opportunities, and not playing behind Matthews all the time.

Its odd that you're claiming media influences people's opinions on players... considering I haven't heard any media members criticize Barrie like at all....

1) No worries my man, Barrie's defensive metrics are actually really solid under Keefe too.
2) the Leafs currently have the best PP in the league. I don't think they're doing that in spite of Barrie. He's a phenomenal transition player.
3) Babcock is and was a total moron. Barrie has thrived under both Bednar and Keefe - two superior coaches. He led the Avs in TOI last playoffs who were 1 win away from the WCF.

And no, I've rarely ever said a bad word about Ceci. You can check my posting history if you like. He obviously has his limitations but he's proven to be effective in his role.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I’m not opened to trading Barrie. Team is looking and performing well right now. I believe he can find his game under Keefe, as he can take it to the next level. But as @ACC1224 said, there is no harm in exploring possibilities for Dubas. No doubt he will engage Keefe in possible discussions about outcomes of trading Tyson. We may not know about these discussions...

There's no harm in exploring trade possibilities for Matthews either.

For the record - I'm 100% all for trading Barrie if it improves the team.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

The PP is best in the league since Barrie was moved on to it, so he's probably doing something right there.
Why would Babcock's idiotic attempt at reinventing a good #1 defenseman be a good measure for his actual ability? It's not. I know you are a big fan of Ceci, since you said he was better than Barrie. Now you're seeing how well that opinion is aging

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If you trade Barrie, you have to make at least 2 trades, and face the very real risk of breaking up with the team has going on now.

It's just plain dumb to consider at this point unless it's a slam dunk.

Add to the D. Don't subtract from it. The Leafs have wingers out the wazoo. Use those to get a Dylan DeMelo or similar.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

For a bit of clarity, what are his ozs in that time as well?

Reactions: xsiej00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad