Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Then let some other org figure it out. Why ours?
Well because Bowman has a track record of being handed a team full of superstars and getting them over the hump! Sure the team also collapsed 1 season after after he re-signed their two superstars and continued to get worse for almost 5 years until he was removed from the league, and there's the whole rape cover up thing, but the Oilers org is confident that Bowman was the only GM who could have taken our game 7 of the finals team all the way to the cup, and was well worth the risk!

Reactions: oilers'72

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Kennedy and Beach support the hire.

" I will not support the team anymore" - random fans

200w.gif
I’m sure they’ll be back for game 1

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Must be tough to support a team with an abuse enabler at the helm.

If whining about it here is therapeutic for you, then fill your boots. You would think that most people taking this type of stand would be "done" with the team, but if posting more about it helps you cope, then be my guest.
You're getting pretty worked up about this. I'm just posting facts. I recommend you go take a walk and come back when you're calmer.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You're getting pretty worked up about this. I'm just posting facts. I recommend you go take a walk and come back when you're calmer.

Just laughing at the bald faced hypocrisy, that's all.

Keep cheering for the team with a rape enabler at the helm if you like.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My point is, that nobody cares about what MacT did because it was 40 years ago. 40 years is a lot more time to have to forgive someone than 3 years. With MacT, we're talking about something that happened before a good portion of the members of this board were even born.

MacT was also not management when he made his mistake. He was a depth player in his 20s, in a decade when the party lifestyle was the norm. Not the #2 guy in a multi-million dollar company who is supposed to be a leader to his entire organization.

Time doesn't make what MacT did less tragic - he killed someone after all - but at least he served some time for his crime. He actually went to jail. Bowman got to step away from a job for a couple of years and come back to one of the best GM jobs in the league.
Yeh but MacT killed someone. Bowman didn’t rape anyone.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Well it is what it is , guess you just have to hope for the best

I just don't get why out of anybody this is the guy? Very odd move for Jack Jeffson

Reactions: K1984

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
This isn’t true at all. He has worked with Kennedy and his organization and with Junior, College and youth teams including Kyle Beach’s team at Trinity.
So he did what would satisfy people enough for someone to give him his multi million dollar job back.
I guess if the home fans are willing to swallow that, congrats to him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm referring to Craig McTavish. Based on hindsight and the way he turned out, do you think he should never have been forgiven and allowed any more chances?
MacTavish actually served jail time for what he did. Bowman worked "close to full time" community service hours.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Bowman does not get another job NHL if not from some key endorsements. The personal trauma displayed by some here is .....

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I can't say I have ever seen Oilers fans so united in opposition to a move before. I hope this hits their season ticket efforts because that's the only thing that matters to this org.
:laugh: Once Drai is signed, and this team hits the ice this fall, I predict game one and every other game thereafter will be full and the fans will be cheering for them like crazy once again.

Reactions: oilers'72 and K1984

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just laughing at the bald faced hypocrisy, that's all.

Keep cheering for the team with a rape enabler at the helm if you like.

Funny that you don't have the same moral quandary. I would imagine any decent human would be having second thoughts right now.

But then, you're the kind of fan that thinks you're better than other fans for not questioning any decisions management makes, amirite? Classic toxic positive.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
So he did what would satisfy people enough for someone to give him his multi million dollar job back.
I guess if the home fans are willing to swallow that, congrats to him.
so what would "satisfy" you then?

MacTavish actually served jail time for what he did. Bettman worked "close to full time" community service hours.
Bowman lost his job and was suspended for 2 years

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Funny that you don't have the same moral quandary. I would imagine any decent human would be having second thoughts right now.

But then, you're the kind of fan that thinks you're better than other fans for not questioning any decisions management makes, amirite? Classic toxic positive.

I don't like the hire at all.

"Rape enabler" are your words, not mine. Despite that, we'll see you actively posting throughout the summer and the season I'm sure.

Is continuing to cheer for and follow the team "enabling" the rape enabler? Some would say yes....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad