Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Lmao dropping Mario Kart in the interview
Absolutey loved that post game. Nuge is a true gentleman. I remember his first interview back when he was drafted and loved the guy from day 1. He also said back then that was big into gaming so he probably took what Skinner said about beating him in Mario Kart personally..lol

mjpersonal.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It is so f***ing close and I think they're elevating their play because they realize it.
Yep, the team is sensing the moment and is pushing harder each game for the big prize. You can see the buy in forming from everybody like championship teams need to do.

With that said, next game will be the hardest one of the playoffs to win so gotta keep the foot on the gas pedal and don't get too comfortable back at home.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Who is going to give him 3M after seeing him get scratched for guys like Brown, Perry, Holloway and Carrick?
He scored 20 goals and 40 points this year. That makes him a very good top 9 forward. Somebody will put in the dough. Probably a team like Arizona or up-and-coming teams like Chicago or Ottawa, with lots of cap space and the need to get some quality depth around their young stars.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Liar. I watched him in the AHL all season and I didn't see anything like that. I saw consistent good play. So why are you lying? You honestly think you're the only one watching the Condors? Stop lying. If you're a troll, casually see yourself out

Lol. I'm talking previous years. I only watched one Condors game this season to see Bourgault and Holloway and I don't think Broberg was playing (was up with the Oilers).

The Condors were straight up trash. I miss the Woodcroft, McLeod, Marody, Benson, Bouchard, Gildon era... those were good teams. They would outshoot and outplay opponents every night and be felled by sh*tty goaltending. Colby Cave was an AHL all star. The current Condors are a joke.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
8mins into third period and Broberg with a dfensive play of a veteran. Calmly blocks shot with his skate, controls it, gets puck out, absolute perfect reversal. Like an allstar play and Broberg made it look easy.

I'll say what I said years ago re: Booch but the sky is the limit with Broberg. Just loaded with skill, skating and better head for the game than people have given him credit for. I'm seeing Broberg processing at high level and making plays, in playoffs, in pressure.
I've been routing for him since day 1. I still have faith.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'll admit that I was ragging on Nuge and Skinner after game 3 loss. Both were pathetic.. McLeod was also trash before he was scratched.

I will gladly eat the crow on both Nuge and Skinnerv if they repeat tonight's performance on Sunday.
Skinner I get but how are you not sold on Nuge in these playoffs? Outside of a few quiet games, he's been absolute money in the playoffs and I'm not just talking about the goals and points, he's been touching every part of the game in a positive way and shouldn't be criticized by anybody who actually watches the little subtle plays he makes and isn't just looking at flashiness.

Same with Henrique to a lesser extent, not making the obvious flashy plays but he's been making all the right plays which is so critical in tight playoff games.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For me, it’s the blatantly hyperbolic and inaccurate shitting on players that gets tiring. Like we can have our biases and favorites, but lets atleast try be accurate so we can open up a discussion and we’re not just screaming into the void.

Like this statement “Stu never makes big saves”. Just untruths to make your point, doesn’t add nothing to any conversation. It’s just a lie so people can get their bitching out.

Alternatively, a statement like “Stu doesn’t have great lateral movement” can be discussed. Has some merit and opens up a discussion about his top end ceiling.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
For me, it’s the blatantly hyperbolic and inaccurate shitting on players that d he eats tiring.

Like this statement “Stu never makes big saves”. Just untruths to make your point, doesn’t add nothing to any conversation. It’s just a lie so people can get their bitching out.

Alterenatively, a statement like “Stu doesn’t have great lateral movement” can be discussed. Has some merit and opens up a discussion about his top end ceiling.
Interestingly enough Stu’s lateral movement tonight was excellent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad