Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
When the Oilers get goaltending and are playing like this they are real tough to beat. Stars had what... 6 shots through ~37 minutes of play?

And Skinner was real good when the Stars did have their moments to push. Good couple of bounce back games for him.

But Stars are 6-2 on the road. Game 6 will be tough. Gotta try and close it out. A second game 7 is pushing our luck.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
jebus these guys can't enjoy a win. More important to give fellow fans the gears I guess.

Come Together!

The beatles said that. ;)

You've got to be kidding me right??
I enjoy every GAME not just win.

Unlike you and your pals who have to bitch about Skinner, McD, Brown, blah blah blah. I would've hoped you knew me as a better poster than that.

I got tired of that fcuking poster telling me that about Skin / Ott. I called him out. And actually I think it's the same guy I called out who was saying Dallas 'high octane' going to kill us. When I proved we had the higher octane he switched to depth.

My list of posters I've given gears to is on one half of one hand. How bout you?

Don't answer that until tomorrow or Sunday! Let's... enjoy! Cheers

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Difference between winners and losers. The Stars supposed depth doing nothing. Even their supposedly star depth doing nothing. To wit look at these 3:

Joe Pavelski ZERO pts in series. Duchene zero pts in series. Mason Marchment one assist in series. If that was gonna happen the Oilers are winning series, simple as that.

Meanwhile the Oilers are getting contributions from every player except Foegele. Dallas can have him, lol

I think with Marchment as excuse that he's playing injured but absolutly no shows from those 3 Stars players that are expected to get something done.

Sequin has gone asleep again as well.
I think Foegele is as good as gone in the offseason. He'll get 3 million + and the OIlers do not have that money even if they wanted to keep him.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
When the Oilers get goaltending and are playing like this they are real tough to beat. Stars had what... 6 shots through ~37 minutes of play?

And Skinner was real good when the Stars did have their moments to push. Good couple of bounce back games for him.

But Stars are 6-2 on the road. Game 6 will be tough. Gotta try and close it out. A second game 7 is pushing our luck.

One good thing is that the Oilers are 5-0 over the last three seasons when we have a chance to send a team home. Closing out a series hasn't been a problem for us.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
One good thing is that the Oilers are 5-0 over the last three seasons when we have a chance to send a team home. Closing out a series hasn't been a problem for us.
Oh yeah for sure. And I think over 5 games the Oilers have shown they're better than the Stars. But a bad night in net, or a poor showing from the team and a game 7 is always such a coin flip.

Really wanna get this one done on Sunday haha.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It will not be easy, but it's a big game and it's in Edmonton. And Tanev is hurt. And Dallas seems to be at a loss dealign with adversity. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Connor and Leon and Co. are on a mission this year
There will be no Game 7

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Unlike you and your pals who have to bitch about Skinner, McD, Brown, blah blah blah. I would've hoped you knew me as a better poster than that.

I got tired of that fcuking poster telling me that about Skin / Ott. I called him out. And actually I think it's the same guy I called out who was saying Dallas 'high octane' going to kill us. When I proved we had the higher octane he switched to depth.

My list of posters I've given gears to is on one half of one hand. How bout you?

Like.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Imagine, Broberg breaks out like he has been, Broberg - Bouchard could be a beastly top pairing for the next decade +
Yikes, way to jump from a great 12min TOI night to becoming a top pairing Dman for a decade.

Reactions: McDoused

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I'll admit that I was ragging on Nuge and Skinner after game 3 loss. Both were pathetic.. McLeod was also trash before he was scratched.

I will gladly eat the crow on both Nuge and Skinnerv if they repeat tonight's performance on Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad