Post-Game Talk: Oilers are good at shootouts now?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its not as if Skinner was bad but once again I thought he was the second best goalie on the ice--that shouldn't happen almost every night.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
The Oilers play a near perfect game then....Skinner. Christ, it's hard to get enthused about this team with goaltending like that.
Honestly, it is hard in the long run. Wins are fun, but I have no confidence back there at all. Skinner made some good saves, but he was also clueless as to where some rebound were

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He was f***ing terrible tonight. Giving pucks away and bringing no offense. He’s been dogshit all year. We need him to get his head out of his ass pronto if we want to keep this shit rolling.
He hasn't all year, it was a tough game, they happen. The team also missed Hyman, but got it done. Full marks to the group outside of skinny boy

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Skinner stepped up and gave Vegas nothing in the shootout, I'll give him that.

Anyone still defending his play in regular time really needs to get with the program.
Why would you give him that?

Marchessault did a Ceci imitation and missed the net by a mile, and Eichel beat him but not the post.

He literally did not make a save in the shoot out :laugh:

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Screenshot 2023-11-28 210739.png

Me before the game but GGS!!! Despite the blown lead, we pulled it off. Now do the same to WPG

Reactions: Oilhawks

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think the third goal was bad, Erne completely screened the release and the puck went through his legs. 9/10 that shot is blocked.

I don't think Skinner is a good goalie right now, but that game going to OT was just a fluke. Oilers dominated, we're back.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Really its hilarious to me that Vegas miss both shots in shootout and fire puck wide on the open looks they did get. Hilarious because all you have to do is hit upper net. Its not Science. Marshassault, Eichel, Stone just playing awful. Kinda funny to see.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
He was pretty bad. That said he was in numerous physical battles and played that aspect. He got roughed up a bit but had nothing going.

Knights know refs won't call much so they can usually rough up with impunity, Drai just got the worst fo it tonight.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I honestly think Skinner was good today. Maybe could’ve had the third goal but, other than that, he was very good. In overtime and the shootout
Expected goals for Vegas was 1.86 lol We had 5

He rocked a 850% and didn’t have to make a save in the shoot out. The oilers can’t play any better than that and needed 5 to win. Look at the shot map. You might change our opinion. It was embarrassing goaltending just like he has gave us all year

Attachments

• IMG_5235.png
    IMG_5235.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 6

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
0.9 xGA on Skinner... Somehow 4 GA. ROFL.

They basically had no chances all game.
Goaltending isn’t math.

Explain to me what mistakes Skinner made on those goals.

The team played great, no doubt, but you can’t blame Skinner on any of those goals either… they are what they were, screened, deflections or both.

Reactions: GOilers88

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Why would you give him that?

Marchessault did a Ceci imitation and missed the net by a mile, and Eichel beat him but not the post.

He literally did not make a save in the shoot out :laugh:

...I hate to tell you, but there's more to goaltending a breakaway than just "making a save". Having a guy miss is just as good. Not getting beat is as good as making 2 saves.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad