Post-Game Talk: Oilers are good at shootouts now?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Glad we got the win. Team deserved the win.

Still can’t trust Skinner to make a save when he needs to.

Nice to see Gagner and Janmark pot one.

Its also a joke that we dominated the game for the most part and Vegas still got more PP. The Vegas Avalanche.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Will take the 2 points but it's becoming obvious that in a 7 game series against a team like Vegas or Colorado, you're not winning with Skinner in net. He's not going to deliver the big save when the team needs it.
Skinner’s save percentage in 5 of the last 7 games has been .948..

Reactions: RegDunlop and M Ace

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
We were so lucky they didnt hit the net on both their shots lol
Its ironic Skinner didn't even make a stop in shootout and he still gets the W. Guy should be sent to the AHL for these kinds of perfomrances. Oilers in complete control, only conceding one shot in period and Skinner lets in next 2 shots after already being weak on Vegas first 2 goals.

Oh but he's got a Movember moustache going. I'm supposed to like him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How was he awful LOL. The 3rd goal yes but how could any of our garbage play as good? Campbell sucks and Pickard is just as bad.

You're not winning a playoff series against an upper end team with a goalie that allows goals like that 3rd one.

If the Oilers front office is too stupid to see this, then they are going to learn the hard way again.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
f*** off Skinner. We get the win despite Skinner again being awful.

Vladar had a dozen harder stops to make last night. Vegas had negligible space and scoring chances all night but Skinner giving them a point. Just ridiculous goaltending. How can any team trust the goaltending?

if you watched the game last night you know how stark the contrast. Flames were awful giving Vegas tons of chances and they only got one. If Skinner was in Calgary net it would be double digits allowed last night.
They still need a change in goaltending or its no playoffs.

Reactions: iCanada

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Probably the most frustrating good game I've seen the Oilers play in quite some while. This game had no business going to overtime, the Oilers should have cruised to a comfortable win. We should be talking about how the team looks more poised in their systems play, less boom or bust when their passion is up and they're playing hard.

Unfortunately, every shot the opposing team takes still feels like it has a 50/50 chance of going in, and then you get that critical puck watching mistake on the tying goal that you just can't have in tight games like this.

Sucks Bouchard didn't put this one away in OT, that one was tough.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I honestly think Skinner was good today. Maybe could’ve had the third goal but, other than that, he was very good. In overtime and the shootout
It's honestly our lowered expectations of our goalies. We owned the 3rd period but he couldn't keep the puck out on the 3rd goal. The 4th goal was piss poor defense in front of him.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Didn't watch but man something tells me it shouldn't have gone to OT.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-205920.png
    Screenshot_20231128-205920.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 3

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Am I the only one seeing something good with this team? Defensively we've been decent. We've been allowing less high danger scoring chances and, yes Skinner hasn't been the best, but he's better than what we have. We just won 3 straight and 1 against one of the top teams and the Stanley Cup Winner from last year. Why is everyone complaining this much?

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I honestly think Skinner was good today. Maybe could’ve had the third goal but, other than that, he was very good. In overtime and the shootout
I will not say good but he was okay today, I dont think he deserves the flack he is getting but I get it, the fuse is very short right now with him...
2 of the goals were basically impossible for him to do anything about.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Its ironic Skinner didn't even make a stop in shootout and he still gets the W. Guy should be sent to the AHL for these kinds of perfomrances. Oilers in complete control, only conceding one shot in period and Skinner lets in next 2 shots after already being weak on Vegas first 2 goals.

If him and Campbell are in the AHL who do they ice in the NHL? Rodrigue and Pickard? Might work if they switch goalie coaches too, Rodrigue for Schwartz.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You gotta be kidding with this. Skinner let in 4 goals and Vegas only had half a dozen scoring chances all night. Oilers dominated the game. That vegas managed to get a point out of this is highway robbery.

He's the worst starter in the league.

Skinner was too low in crouch on first 2 goals. 3 goal is lol, and 4th goal he could be up higher in his crease. But really the only one I don't fault him on is 4th goal. Others he should have had.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Who do you want in net? Campbell? Pickard?

Who has the most wins out of our goalies season this so far? Campbell? Pickard?

Who was our starting goalie last year? Campbell? Pickard?

I'll take Skinner's average to less average performances over those two shit shows

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Am I the only one seeing something good with this team? Defensively we've been decent. We've been allowing less high danger scoring chances and, yes Skinner hasn't been the best, but he's better than what we have. We just won 3 straight and 1 against one of the top teams and the Stanley Cup Winner from last year. Why is everyone complaining this much?
I thought they played a good game. Slowly working our way back into the conversation. Need to keep winning.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It's honestly our lowered expectations of our goalies. We owned the 3rd period but he couldn't keep the puck out on the 3rd goal. The 4th goal was piss poor defense in front of him.
Skinner was screened by the forward on the 3rd goal and had to pick-up a puck coming through the players legs. Nonetheless, one could argue that the puck should have hit him if was out farther.

Reactions: dss97

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
f*** off Skinner. We get the win despite Skinner again being awful.

Vladar had a dozen harder stops to make last night. Vegas had negligible space and scoring chances all night but Skinner giving them a point. Just ridiculous goaltending. How can any team trust the goaltending?

if you watched the game last night you know how stark the contrast. Flames were awful giving Vegas tons of chances and they only got one. If Skinner was in Calgary net it would be double digits allowed last night.

They can't. That much is obvious.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad