Post-Game Talk: Oilers are good at shootouts now?

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
This team will still lose first round with this level goaltending. It’s sad to say that Mike Smith and Koskinen gave this team more reliable goaltending but it’s true. They atleast were streaky and could shut it down. Skinner is just always below average
Well if they can make some progress this season maybe there’s a roloson out there to be had at the deadline.

Morpheus

I am bot
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Bot’s Motel
IMG_3948.jpeg

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Glad we got 2 points but wow. It's hard to not be hard on players like McLeod when it's those mistakes that cost games in the playoffs... Also easy to see how the team can get apathetic when they dominate and that happens.

Need a goalie and need to send a message to the young Mcleod by sending him away somewhere.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
What I hate the most about tonight was I had a ticket for a suite but a stomach bug hit me on the weekend and so I passed on it….heah that would’ve sucked to be there.

Reactions: MessierII

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Also, shame on you refs. Absolutely pathetic, dishonorable punks. Maybe some day this league will have integrity and respect what’s supposed to be the highest level of competitive hockey.
Shades of the playoffs, where in the middle of the series the Knights PK was so pathetic the refs stopped calling penalties against them (because it was pretty much an automatic goal for the Oilers).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
f*** off Skinner. We get the win despite Skinner again being awful.

Vladar had a dozen harder stops to make last night. Vegas had negligible space and scoring chances all night but Skinner giving them a point. Just ridiculous goaltending. How can any team trust the goaltending?

if you watched the game last night you know how stark the contrast. Flames were awful giving Vegas tons of chances and they only got one. If Skinner was in Calgary net it would be double digits allowed last night.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I honestly think Skinner was good today. Maybe could’ve had the third goal but, other than that, he was very good. In overtime and the shootout

Reactions: RegDunlop

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Yay!
Forgive me for not celebrating more after blowing a late 2 goal lead to a team that played the night before.
Who cares if they played the night before. That is such an over used excuse if you lose,especially this early in the year when you're fresh and all the luxury player have now. Plus they should be extra mad and pissed they lost last night and play better tonight.

Reactions: Oilhawks

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
As the team is made up right now, they aren’t it.

They might climb back into the playoff picture etc. but the same issues that plagued them in the playoffs still exist.

The NHL reffing is also the same, so there’s that too.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
f*** off Skinner. We get the win despite Skinner again being awful.

Vladar had a dozen harder stops to make last night. Vegas had negligible space and scoring chances all night but Skinner giving them a point. Just ridiculous goaltending. How can any team trust the goaltending?

if you watched the game last night you know how stark the contrast. Flames were awful giving Vegas tons of chances and they only got one. If Skinner was in Calgary net it would be double digits allowed last night.
How was he awful LOL. The 3rd goal yes but how could any of our garbage goalies have been as good? Campbell sucks and Pickard is just as bad.

• Love
Reactions: CycloneSweep

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Shades of the playoffs, where in the middle of the series the Knights PK was so pathetic the refs stopped calling penalties against them (because it was pretty much an automatic goal for the Oilers).

The "missed" high stick on Ekholm still pisses me off. Would've put us on a 4 min PP in the 3rd period of an elimination game.

The NHL doesn't make it easy on Canadian franchises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad