Post-Game Talk: Oilers are good at shootouts now?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Schedule win delivered. Pretty dominant game with an incredible momentary lapse to give a dead (tired and done) Champion team a glimpse of day light and voila tie game. Little to no puck possession in carnival time. But finally FINALLY close it out.

McSavior carrying this team right now. Great PK and PP was pretty solid.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Who do you want in net? Campbell? Pickard?

Who has the most wins out of our goalies season this so far? Campbell? Pickard?

Who was our starting goalie last year? Campbell? Pickard?

I'll take Skinner's average to less average performances over those two shit shows
What kind of f***ed up questions are this. Skinner gets all the starts and has the most wins. jebus heres the rubber duck prize. He's f***ing useless. Get a goalie.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I'll take Skinner's average to less average performances over those two shit shows

None of them can be in net, arguing about the three of them is stupid, it's like arguing between Markkanen, Conklin, or Morrison in 2006, if any three of those guys is the start in the playoffs, the Oilers would lose in round 1. Book it.

Reactions: iCanada

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Am I the only one seeing something good with this team? Defensively we've been decent. We've been allowing less high danger scoring chances and, yes Skinner hasn't been the best, but he's better than what we have. We just won 3 straight and 1 against one of the top teams and the Stanley Cup Winner from last year. Why is everyone complaining this much?
Team played well. Bad defensive positioning by McCleod on the third but Skinner can't make that save we need. He's flat out unreliable.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
You gotta be kidding with this. Skinner let in 4 goals and Vegas only had half a dozen scoring chances all night. Oilers dominated the game. That vegas managed to get a point out of this is highway robbery.

He's the worst starter in the league.

Skinner was too low in crouch on first 2 goals. 3 goal is lol, and 4th goal he could be up higher in his crease. But really the only one I don't fault him on is 4th goal. Others he should have had.
The only goal I think Skinner should've stopped is the third goal. The 4th goal the guy was wide open. I'm not saying he's been stellar. But he's gotten a shutout this season and, I believe, the most wins.

He's not been great but he's better than Pickard or what's his name in the AHL

Reactions: K1984 and YakDavid

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Should have started Pickard.

That third goal is unacceptable.
A shot through the legs of Erne as Erne is going down to block?

You’d have to appreciate the sight lines to judge, but there was a very low chance he can see that.

Skinner is having a tough time these days but you can’t attribute any blame on that particular shot

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Snatched victory from the jaws of Bettman.

Or should I said Fangs cause he’s a life sucking vampire.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
None of them can be in net, arguing about the three of them is stupid, it's like arguing between Markkanen, Conklin, or Morrison in 2006, if any three of those guys is the start in the playoffs, the Oilers lose in round 1. Book it.
Well for now, I'd go with Skinner until we can find a goalie.

Reactions: M Ace

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
The third wasn’t great but the fourth is just all in the team defence and not him.
I think the third is much harder than it looks. It goes through Erne.

Solid game and did well on the penalty kill, with lots of practice. We definitely buckle and lose in regulation in after their 4th.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Am I the only one seeing something good with this team? Defensively we've been decent. We've been allowing less high danger scoring chances and, yes Skinner hasn't been the best, but he's better than what we have. We just won 3 straight and 1 against one of the top teams and the Stanley Cup Winner from last year. Why is everyone complaining this much?

Because they collapsed the exact same way they did in the playoffs to the same team. Not very encouraging as they comfortably outplayed them like you said.

Ya the refs sucked but that's something they will have no control over unless someone in the organization gets some balls and complains to the league.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I can excuse goal #1 (great tip and fluky deflection) and #4 (heavy screen), but #2 and #3 are goals that Skinner should be stopping. Still really happy with the way the team played, and relieved that they’re back in the mix.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

He wants Campbell. He's made it clear as such. Take that as you will.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If we do make the playoffs, Skinner cannot be the goalie in net for game 1 of the playoffs.

He is a back up goalie, that's all there is to it.
I think he would be a fantastic back up but at this point in his career he can’t be trusted to be the starter. Maybe with a bit more experience.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He literally cannot be counted on to make a single difficult save. The shootout Vegas missed the net and hit the post.
He did make some difficult saves in the first half of the game until we took over. Yes the third goal should've been stopped. The 4th goal Kolesar was wide open and tipped out of the air. Vinny should've had him

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad