Post-Game Talk: Oilers are good at shootouts now?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can't wait for the haters to come in on me but I thought Darnell Nurse was solid again tonight
You won’t get much disagreement cause Nurse haters don’t hate him for no reason. Good game, Nurse gets props. Bad game, and the “haters” come out.

He was a beast tonight and last game too.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
In his last 5 games he has a 783, 667, 850, 100, 913

Hold on, I'm about to just own your ass.

And in those games he has 3 wins and 2 losses. As you stated LAST YEAR wins were the most important stat when I brought up SV% when you were defending Campbell. WINS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT. As such by your analysis Skinner is the superior goalie.

So either you were wrong about Campbell or you're a hypocrite.

Choose.

giphy.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Really? Thompson didn’t even know he’d spilled the rebound on Janmark’s goal he thought he had it trapped against his chest and complained for interference… he was clueless there.

He also dropped at least two unscreened catchable shots that he simply palmed… he certainly didn’t put on a clinic

That's the point.

Thompson was mediocre in this game being generous and he was still significantly better than Skinner.

Reactions: iCanada

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
There was a point in the second period tonight where Skinner was playing so deep in his net I was worried the puck was going to cross the goal line before he saved it.
Its amazing he's way over 6ft and that he can contort his body in the cage to be so small and cover so little net. How is it even possible he's down so low on the first 2 GA. Who would recommend that? oh wait..

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It went in far side low pad? It was a muffin with no traffic from 80 ft.
That’s a gross exaggeration. It was a hard fast shot from the top of the circle through Erne’s legs. Either way we don’t fundamentally disagree here. He needs to make the occasional big save.

Reactions: guymez

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
You're not a starter if you can't make a save on any of those. Not on a team that wants to win in the playoffs anyway.

That's fine, he can't make those saves, well then you have to bump his ass out and find someone else that will stop one or two of those.
Where do you honestly want him to go on the fourth goal? He can’t move across before the puck gets there in case the first guy deflects it into the space he just vacated. You’d crucify him for that too. That was d zone coverage plain and simple.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I'm kind of wondering if the Stanley Cup hangover is starting to rear it's pretty head. Vegas has been swamp ass the last 10 games and I don't mind it one bit. I hate them as much as the flames now
Yeah. Teams that win the cup so often have the next season problems. Success corrupts and their play has a lot of holes in it right now. The amount of times they fumbled around with the puck tonight losing it. wowsa. lets give Connor McDavid a clean breakaway, what a good idea, lol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Where do you honestly want him to go on the fourth goal? He can’t move across before the puck gets there in case the first guy deflects it into the space he just vacated. You’d crucify him for that too. That was d zone coverage plain and simple.

He needs to make a save on one of the first 3 goals. If you can't that's fine. Being an NHL starter is not for everyone, it's not even for the majority of NHL goalies, maybe 15% of the goalies who play in the NHL are legitimate starters and that might be being generous.

It's hard, I get it. We're in the business of doing hard things though, so if you're not able to do what needs to be done, then someone else has to come in.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
He was pretty bad. That said he was in numerous physical battles and played that aspect. He got roughed up a bit but had nothing going.
I wonder if he saw McDavid running hot and just decided to take the night off? He used to have a competitive fire burning within him but I haven’t seen that this year.

Reactions: subnet and Oilhawks

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Goalies in the nhl make diving saves like that every few days. Watch some highlights. At some point you can’t just stop the easy ones.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nurse has had a few great games here. Props where props are due. He was in the right places and had a bit of his nastier side back

He’s stepping up on players too like he should have been doing this whole time. Literally the best thing I saw in his game early was that ability to close space and use his once very good poke check. That part of his game seemed to disappear ever since the Bubble year. But it looks to be coming back in a big way now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It went in far side low pad? It was a muffin with no traffic from 80 ft.
Exactly. lol that shot was barely over pad if that. Long range shot from a guy that scores one goal a season. Well that was the goal. Skinner broke 2 Vegas cherries tonight.

Slumpbuster Skinner.

I mean lets be honest. This is the same goalie that gave the Knights scoring confidence last spring. Same old same old. Shouldn't be next season and we're still seeing this amateur goaltending.

Reactions: subnet and iCanada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad