Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
:jets
Mats Zuccarello
Dylan McIlrath

:rangers
Jacob Trouba

:blues
Kevin Klein
Jesper Fast
2018 2nd Round Pick

:rangers
Kevin Shattenkirk

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Miller - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Vesey - Hayes - Grabner
Gerbe - Lindberg - Pirri

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Staal - Trouba
Skjei - Girardi

Lundqvist
Raanta

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Ideal scenario Jovocop, with the exception that we'd be relying pretty heavily on Buchnevich and Vesey to have big years.

That's a VERY good defensive 6.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
How much more do you think we'd need to add? And what if that was made at the trade deadline?
They know he's not resigning with them

I was assuming the trade being made now.

At the TDL, I think that could be about right. But obviously depends on how well the players involved play during the year.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Humor me, aside from the fact that WPG doesn't need any more wingers, how do you propose we sign Trouba, Shattenkirk, and Zib. Even if we move Nash it still wouldn't be enough.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We have enough players that can't hit the net even if it was a soccer goal and who get walked every time they're in the defensive zone.

By the way this is coming from someone who even liked DZ.

There was a guy here that once posted:

"Del Zotto's parents, when moving to North America, wanted to end up in the US, but they shot wide and ended up in Canada"

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Humor me, aside from the fact that WPG doesn't need any more wingers, how do you propose we sign Trouba, Shattenkirk, and Zib. Even if we move Nash it still wouldn't be enough.

Staal would have to go. Girardi traded or bought out. Zuccarello would be gone along with Nash so that's 12.8 million right there.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Del Zotto is good and I'd still take him any day.

Not over Klein I wouldn't. DZ was a lost puppy when he left here. Good for him that he seems to have found some footing in Philly, he always seemed like a likable guy, but KK for DZ was a clear win for us. Especially if we can sell high on KK in the next few weeks.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Not over Klein I wouldn't. DZ was a lost puppy when he left here. Good for him that he seems to have found some footing in Philly, he always seemed like a likable guy, but KK for DZ was a clear win for us. Especially if we can sell high on KK in the next few weeks.

This plus we need to address RD, LD isn't bad. MDZ couldn't play right at all, sending J Moore over at one point.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Shattenkirk is a top pairing defenseman. I understand the need to not want to part with anything significant since he's only got a year left before UFA but the Blues aren't trading him for a 2nd/3rd pair defenseman, a 4th line winger, and a 2nd round pick.

The Blues aren't trading him for pennies on the dollar and the Rangers shouldn't be trading the assets required to get him. Wait the year and approach him when he hits the market.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I probably will get crucified for this suggestion....but I am a realist !!! I suggest we trade the King /Staal or Girardi to Dallas for Nichuskin/Honka + & let him win his Cup .

It really stings...but in all reality....it would be the best move for this club moving forward . We add a couple of quality pieces and a future prospect...and by doing so move a bad contract or two which leads to adding a 3rd piece and/or a dman like Shatty .

Nichuskin and Honka are STUDS ! We don't need the best goalie in the World to win a Cup in 2-3 years time[and who is to say he won't slip up some by then?]....a good defense and offense will offset the loss of the King and his 8 million dollar salary .

What could we get for a King ? :popcorn:

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If the Rangers really were to trade Lundqvist and go into a full fledged rebuild, the only way to get anough of a return for him to make it worth it would be to retain half his salary.

Henrik will, in all likelihood retire either in New York or Frolunda.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
PHP:
g
If the Rangers really were to trade Lundqvist and go into a full fledged rebuild, the only way to get anough of a return for him to make it worth it would be to retain half his salary.

Henrik will, in all likelihood retire either in New York or Frolunda.

Who knows. Ray Bourque ok'd a trade at the end of his career to chase a cup. But Hank isn't at that point yet. He's giving Gorton and chance to shift on the fly. 3 years from now? Might be a different story. Hank is a intensely competive guy. He wants to win. If the Rangers choose to rebuild 2-3 years from now. He'd give them a list of teams he'd go to. I don't think he spend his last years on a mediocre team JUST so he could retire a Ranger.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
i would love to see Lundqvist on a Cup team ... would be interesting to see how long it will take for him to yell at his new team mates when a goal is scored on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad