Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Niemi, Honka and Nichushkin for Raanta, Klein, Fast and Lindberg (I would hate trading Zuke for anything less than Trouba).

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Dallas needs a serious upgrade to their defensive ability on the backend because Klingberg is all offense, Johns is still young, and Honka isn't fully ready. Hamhuis was a move in the right direction with Gogo and Demers leaving, but they still need help, especially with their own wonder twins in net.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Do we really need Honka?

Getting younger and shedding salary is not always a good thing, but Honka is a very talented D-man. There are players who were linked with the Rangers this summer, better suited to fill the holes on our team though

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We`ve Staal & Girardi with NTC - maybe our professional scouts saw something we didn`t last season. ;)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Getting younger and shedding salary is not always a good thing, but Honka is a very talented D-man. There are players who were linked with the Rangers this summer, better suited to fill the holes on our team though

I agree, we need to move either Staal or Girardi in near future as well.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
If that was true we would already have Honka

People are seriously overrating our players

Klein's probably been one of the most underrated RHD since we traded for him. He's been a very solid even-strength scorer, PKer, and has had strong impacts on scoring chances for and against.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Klein's probably been one of the most underrated RHD since we traded for him. He's been a very solid even-strength scorer, PKer, and has had strong impacts on scoring chances for and against.

I like Klein but let's be real about the cost of a young stud dman. If that's all it cost don't you think gorton would have fixed the blueline by now

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A young cheap puck moving rd like Honka is by far our biggest need

Yes, but it`s a gamble - he has not played one single NHL match.
However he is only 20 years old though, but will he help Rangers this season?
I really doubt it - perhaps in another (2-3) seasons.

I don`t understand those who like to move Klein for Honka, or Zuci for Honka etc.
u give away lots of value for a 20 years old guy without any NHL experience.

It`ll be hard to be honest to strengthen the defense this season with our current D-core related to contract situation with both Staal & Girardi.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I like Klein but let's be real about the cost of a young stud dman. If that's all it cost don't you think gorton would have fixed the blueline by now

Define Honka and Klein (prospect, potential PMD, established top4 with a sweetheart contract able to spend a prolong stretches on a top pair). I think it's you who is overvaluing a prospect. Plus you need to consider what Dallas' goal for next season. To continue to make forward progress - do they need a proven veteran or an untested up-and-comer? If anything Dallas would need to add to get Klein. Same is at forward - depth from Fast and Lindberg for a potential KHL-bound Nichushkin.

It is just possible Rangers are holding on to Klein for a bigger return than Honka.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yes, but it`s a gamble - he has not played one single NHL match.
However he is only 20 years old though, but will he help Rangers this season?
I really doubt it - perhaps in another (2-3) seasons.

I don`t understand those who like to move Klein for Honka, or Zuci for Honka etc.
u give away lots of value for a 20 years old guy without any NHL experience

It`ll be hard to be honest to strengthen the defense this season with our current D-core related to contract situation with both Staal & Girardi.

This. Dallas will need to add AND another trade needs to happen to bring more value worthy of this much of established NHL talent at their cap hit.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We`ve some promising defenders as well in both Brady Skjei and Dylan Mcilrath - I believe they will improve next season. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad