Speculation: Offseason Thread XVII: Trade a spade for a jade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah I think the Rangers blew their shot to get Honka when they held onto Yandle last year.

Depending on what happens, I do wonder if they can turn Klein+something else into Nichuskin.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That does not make any sense.

A no-move clause prevents a player from being traded or moved to the AHL
A no-trade clause prevents a player from being traded and can be limited, unlike a no-move clause

Everything that is in a no-trade clause, is also in a no-move clause.

Whether or not that makes sense, that seems to be the reality of the situation.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Would they be interested in our prospect goalies? Or you think the only want instant impact guys

For Honka? It would probably have to be an impact player. Goalie prospects are generally hit or miss, Honka is a potential stud.

Dallas has needs like any other team, but a goalie that can play now is easily the biggest need for them

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
My view of things:

Players I would put on the trading block:

Rick Nash

Jesper Fast

Dan Girardi

Marc Staal

Tanner Glass

One of our goalie prospects (not Shestyorkin)

Marek Hrivik

Needs:

Prospects (who doesn't? We could use a great C prospect as we're kind of thin there)

Draft picks (again, who doesn't?)

But our biggest need, as all of you already know, is a top-4 RHD who is a PMD and is also a PP QB

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
My view of things:

Players I would put on the trading block:

Rick Nash

Jesper Fast

Dan Girardi

Marc Staal

Tanner Glass

One of our goalie prospects (not Shestyorkin)

Marek Hrivik

Needs:

Prospects (who doesn't? We could use a great C prospect as we're kind of thin there)

Draft picks (again, who doesn't?)

But our biggest need, as all of you already know, is a top-4 RHD who is a PMD and is also a PP QB

I'm sure teams will be knocking the door down to get those players on the block

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Have to say JG doing a wonderful job on not letting any of his moves leak to the press...even tho I hate that I commend him for it..

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
If Nash rebounds like we expect him to, I wonder if Dallas would do a deadline deal for him @5m plus mcilrath for honka and nuke and a conditional pick depending how far Dallas go in the playoffs (say up to a 1st if they reach the conference finals). Maybe Dallas thinks Rick could push them over and honka is a guy you don't have to protect in the expansion draft.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
There is zero reason for Dallas to trade Honka. They only have Klingberg and Johns on the right side atm, trading their best RHD prospect makes no sense.

Klein might be someone they could be interested in to shore up the second pairing until Honka is ready, and then expose him in the expansion draft. McIlrath is probably of no interest to them. They have their own McIlrath in Johns. They both play the same kind of game, both had a similar route into the NHL.

Dallas needs skill on the backend, and Honka brings that. I don't see any way the Rangers can make a trade happen.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
There is zero reason for Dallas to trade Honka. They only have Klingberg and Johns on the right side atm, trading their best RHD prospect makes no sense.

Klein might be someone they could be interested in to shore up the second pairing until Honka is ready, and then expose him in the expansion draft. McIlrath is probably of no interest to them. They have their own McIlrath in Johns. They both play the same kind of game, both had a similar route into the NHL.

Dallas needs skill on the backend, and Honka brings that. I don't see any way the Rangers can make a trade happen.

I think the appeal for them is that going into this season with Nash and Klein is better than going into next season with Honka.

Klingberg/Klein/Johns is awesome RHD depth, and pretty young

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

Lindell looks really promising as another ofd. That said most of these proposals probably don't work with the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad